Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Sorvin

January 09, 2020, 01:02:05 am
Read 2417 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Sorvin
« on: January 09, 2020, 01:02:05 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Sorvin
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Sorvin/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Ian, 35, Nottingham (UK), full time working professional, married, M+ trial in Iron Edge \o/

Class/Spec:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/sorvin

As per my last applicaiton for M+, I personally love playing druid for the amount of utility it has and an ability to have both healing and ranged dps on one toon and this has been critical for dungeon play. With the current meta, I've found it a lot easier to push keys as a restoration druid and healing is a role I really enjoy.

My raid main and all progression raiding in 8.2 has been my BM hunter (6/8M). I have near-BiS everything really - all 425 socketed benthics, 445 coral, 435 sockted inkpod or 430 font as needed, BiS Azerite gear at 450 apart from chest since the 435 Nazjatar benthic azerite is BiS for me.

I only play BM on my hunter - I just don't get on with MM and survival is so far behind the other two specs I don't use it.

My M+ main spacechicken is obviously my other 'alt' for lack of a better word - but both my chicken and my hunter will be grade-A upgraded throghout 8.3. The advantages of this for progression are that not only am I able to de-risk from class tuning, but can also bring a consistent 'ranged dps' spec as boomkin in place of hunter, or if a specific encounter demonstrates usefullness for Rdru, I can come for that too. 3-in-1 package if you like :)

Hunter: Stacked crit (40%+ with food buff) for the dance of death build. Since leaving my last guild, my hunter is currently setup for an M+ style build with BOTE major, iris minor and CnS minor. BOTE scales exceptionally well in higher M+ and works around the crit building. However, in raid I've typically run Condensed life force major with flame and iris minors (dmg + haste extras). In a raid setting, I always bring Murder of Crows over Thrill of the Hunt also, for higher single target DPS (not a huge difference, but enough that I care about it).

Highest priority of the BM hunter rotation is to maintain your barbed shot dots at 3 stacks for as long as possible. 50-60% of BM hunter dmg comes from your pet, and the barbed shot stacks are ciritical to ensuring maximum attack speed on your pet.

Other than that, it's just about managing focus and ensuring you generate as many bestial wrath windows as possible for the dmg buff. The typical rotation feels very much like 2x cobra shot, 1x kill command, repeating, interspersed with bestial wrath and barbed shot uptimes.

Alts:

My M+ main - Sørvin \o/

440+ resto druid. Also have a full 450 set of azerite with 3x streaking stars and 1x arcanic pulsar with 445 lev lure and 445 venom relic for off-spec.

Comfort levels of play are 100% same for BM hunter and rdru. Boomkin is my true off-spec.

Professions:

(direct c&p from other application)

Druid: Alchemy/Herbalism - pots and gold
Hunter: Jewlcrafting/leatherworking - all for the ring, pants and boots to help progression
Monk: Enchanting/Inscription - vantus runes and highborne compendium of storms are stupid expensive on my dead realm, so took for bit of gold making and for providing guild with runes

Raiding Experience:

Nothing prior to 8.2.

I joined the game back in 8.1, got totally hooked and love it.

Having fought for a progression spot in my last guild, I became a regular and consisent source of solid dps. Very vocal on the comms and was starting to get more involved in leading our social raids before I decided I needed to move off Doomhammer to advance as a player.

Here are my complete logs for my hunter. My druid in mythic has really been just about gearing it, all serious progression has been on my hunter.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/sorvin

Previous Guilds:

(direct c&p from other application)

No real guilds previous to the one I'm in to talk of. I joined a few beginner guilds, no organisation or real activity, when I joined WoW. Left them mainly because they were dead and joined Descendants.

This guild is great - really nice group of people, very active and fun, and have been my first experience of mythic raiding also.

However, they focus more on the social than the competitive and live in a dead realm, making benching non-existent and the ability to fill raid spots impossible.

We've missed so many missed raid nights due to 1 person not being around, had so many failed pulls due to people making the same mistakes over and over, or refusing to gear properly/change essences/specs, but impossible to do anything about because we can just scrape 20 together that night, so we push on trying to squeeze a square-peg in a round hole.

The groups idea of progression has been more centred around waiting for everyone to out-gear the encounter and for boss nerfs on check-encounters, rather than get better strategically. This is tough to be a part of mentally and doesn't make progression raiding very satisfying. Every kill feels like 'thank f*** that is over' rather than really beating the encounter - and reclearing isn't a given :)

I would be looking to raid in this guild as much as I would M+.

Availability:

Full availability for the times indicated, as well as lots and lots of M+.

Communication:

Yes to all.

Computer / Connection:

(direct c&p again)

150+ fps constant (RX 5700 GT, i7-8700K, 16gb RAM, 1TB SSD, AOC 144 Hz G2460PF and most importantly, lots of LEDs, which make everything go quick).

100 MBPs fibreoptic band - hardly ever see it drop.

Ping statitcs for EU servers under typical load (Netflix, Twtich, Spotify and connected to WoW simultaneously):

Pinging 185.60.112.157 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=245

Ping statistics for 185.60.112.157:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 23ms, Average = 21ms

Pinging 185.60.112.158 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=245
Reply from 185.60.112.158: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=245

Ping statistics for 185.60.112.158:
    Minimum = 19ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 20ms

Pinging 185.60.114.159 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=243
Reply from 185.60.114.159: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 185.60.114.159:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 26ms

Addons/UI:

(direct c&p again, however, I have included my hunter UI in screen shot)

Main Addon's:

- ElvUI for total interface
- Vuhdo custom frames with MO macros for healing
- Angry assignments (mandatory raid addon for guild)
- Cursor trail for helping in hectic situations to locate cursor quickly
- Details for feedback on everything!
- GottaGoFast for M+
- GTFO, because we all need a handy reminder to shift out of goop sometimes
- Method Dungeon Tools for route planning
- Paste for adding in multi-way points in questing
- Plater for custom name plates
- Raider.io
- Simulationcraft for raidbots (also a sub to speed up simulations)
- WeakAuras 2 - can't imagine playing without this for pretty much every part of the game. I have a lot of WA's installed for for dungeon and raid encounters. Ignoring some custom ones, the main ones for this tier I have installed are BfA Dungeons and an up to date T25 Azshara Eternal Palace. I can happily go into more on WA's if needed.
- Deadly Boss Mods - again, can't imagine playing without this :)

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/OXfZdAm

Other Games:

(direct c&p from previous application)

I'm not new to competitive gaming however, predominantly playing local league CS1.6, RA3 and TF2 for over a decade as a kid to early adult, then really focussing on my career before coming back to gaming with Destiny 5 years ago focussing heavily on PvP and carry runs.

I am a HUGE souls fan - plat everything, but in particular I love DSIII/Bloodborne and Sekiro.

Why Iron Edge?

I've joined you're M+ team, met even more nice players and I want to continue my push for my first ever CE :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Preparation, commitment, effort, availability, a willingness to get involved in running aspects of the guild and a generally acceptable sense of humour :)

I always want to be the best I can be and want to bring that standard to everything I do - no half-arsed efforts.

A final thought on what I would bring to progression raiding that doesn't really come out of doing mainly M+ - I'm in it for the guild.

My personal objectives for season 4 are 2.5k M+ and CE. CE is a _team_ acheivement and I want to help us all get to CE. I'm selfless in the regard that I literally do not care one bit if the boss/stage of progression we are on drops a BiS for my hunter, but actually, you need me on my boomie or my rdru, I'll be there on the needed class without a mutter.

When it comes to progression raiding, I also share a philosophy that loot is a tool, not a reward. If I need to trade something to help us progress, that is for the team and so be it.

Get your hands off my M+ loot though you magpie :P

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Skinkelinke (he's probably already regretting it now I'm in \o/)

Last Words?

Always avaialble to chat on discord or TS3 - if there's anything you want clarity on, just poke me.

January 09, 2020, 01:02:51 am
Reply #1

Offline Sorvin

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Sorvin
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 01:02:51 am »
I didn't apply for this as a guest - I was logged in, promise :P

January 09, 2020, 08:13:22 am
Reply #2

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 08:13:22 am »

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Skinkelinke (he's probably already regretting it now I'm in \o/)

I don't but I'm pretty sure that Matumba does since we lost that KR17 yesterday with 12 seconds

January 09, 2020, 09:16:59 am
Reply #3

Offline Sorvin

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 09:16:59 am »
 ::)

Yeah... that was annoying lol. Let's ignore my epic boss death though where I swear to Ra his raptor came out of nowhere, and focus on the Zul fail which used all our cr's \o/

January 09, 2020, 12:37:44 pm
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 12:37:44 pm »
The keys I have done with Sorvin he has performed consistently providing good numbers while  understanding mechanics, didn’t fail and was vocal coming across clear and concise.

January 13, 2020, 09:54:37 am
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 09:54:37 am »
Hi Sorvin,

Sorry for the late response. I like your application and you seem to have quite a few people who can vouch for your abilities, so I would be happy to offer you a trial for the main raid  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

January 13, 2020, 08:05:05 pm
Reply #6

Offline Sorvin

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 08:05:05 pm »
Awesome, many thanks and trial position gratefully accepted! Look forward to helping the guild with progression :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 1 User
Wali