Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Almightytaco

February 09, 2020, 02:07:43 am
Read 2457 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Almightytaco
« on: February 09, 2020, 02:07:43 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Almightytaco
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Almightytaco
Class/Spec: Monk (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Sebastian, and i'm a 25 year old Danish student. My hobbies include american football and world of warcraft. I enjoy the occassional night out in the weekends, but not that much anymore.

Class/Spec:

Main: Mistweaver - Off: Windwalker

I main mistweaver because i honestly really enjoy healing. It comes with some really intense situations that make your blood pump when you end up pulling out the big heals.

I honestly like all 3 monk specs, have played all 3 at a decent level, but mw is my favorite of them all.

There are multiple ways of playing mistweaver, but i swap between Fistweaving and the "normal" raid build. A big part of me liking the mistweaver playstyle now is because of the conflict and strife fistweaving build. It enables you to do large amounts of damage whilst still pumping out some solid healing. I've yet to make it work in raids, but that might be mostly because i haven't tried hard enough bosses.

I currently run a blend of Mastery/Crit/Haste on my gear. All 3 stats are good for their own thing. Haste normally isn't a great stat for Mistweavers, but with rising mist, we can now blend in dpsing into our healing rotation. Haste lowers to cooldown on rising sun kick, which lets us in team extend our hots for longer periods of time + do some decent aoe healing, add that with conflict and strife which gives you way of the crane talent, which is a 1 minute cooldown that lets you do massive amounts of damage when it's used which is converted into healing.

Since i mostly do m+ and a little bit of raiding, i chose to add a decent amount of haste into my gear into order to basically do more dps.

Alts:

I'm currently striving to having all healer classes at 120.

I currently have my main alt which is my disc priest. It's 441 ilvl and has almost all the essences at rank 2. With a little bit of spit and a little love, she could be up and working in no time.

Then i also have a semi-geared Prot Paladin, which could potentially become a holy paladin.

Then i have a resto druid and currently leveling a shaman.

Professions:

Currently i've maxed out: Enchanting, Engineering, Alchemy and Herbalism.

Raiding Experience:

I started my raiding career in WOTLK, where i manage to clear LK Normal.

After that i slowly climbed the ladder of wow raiding and actually managed to get 2x cutting edges in WOD and Legion.

So my experience would sound something like this:
Cutting Egde: Archimonde
Cutting Edge: Xavius
A head of the curve: all the rest from there on out.

Previous Guilds:

I've mostly only been in guilds that end up disbanding. A big reason for me slowly falling away from mythic raiding was because the guilds i spent a lot of time and effort in ended up disbanding over things like: Drama, Classic and Loot.

I currently want to leave the guild i am in now, since they are in no way, shape or form the type of guild that i am looking for.

Availability:

I do school from 8:30-15:30 ish daily except in weekend. Besides that, perhaps too much time is spent on world of warcraft.

Communication:

I am a vivid teamspeak 3 user and know very well how to use it.

Computer / Connection:

I sometimes have a little bit of fps drops if i'm updating stuff while playing the game, but besides that, it runs super smooth.

And i've got stable 1000/100 mb internet.

Addons/UI:

I use Elvui as the main base of my ui. After that it's a mixture of Weakauras, Clique, Bigwigs, Littlewigs, Exorsus Raid Tools, Details! and Angry Assignments.

Other Games:

I mainly play World of Warcraft, but do dabble in Rocket League and Escape from Tarkow.

Why Iron Edge?

I really want to raid at a higher level. I want to play with a solid, stable guild that knows what they are doing.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can only offer my skills and bad humor.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

My warcraftlogs may not show me, since i just had an ingame race and name change. Gotta do what you gotta do for beauty.

February 10, 2020, 09:45:00 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Almightytaco
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:00 pm »
Hi Almightytaco,

Thank you for your well written application. Because of the size of our roster, we're going to have a hard time fitting another healing monk on the roster.

You are free to join the guild as a social or try to join the other more casual teams, but the main raid isn't going to work out right now.

Good luck on your search and keep an eye on our WoWProgress page in case something changes.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:39:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users