Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Jakfel (XR)

February 11, 2020, 12:02:40 am
Read 3950 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Jakfel (XR)
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:02:40 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Jakfel
Server: Auchindoun
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Auchindoun/Jakfel
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

Jake, 25, UK, Network Engineer. Been playing wow for 15 years, mainly enjoying M+.

Class/Spec:

Currently i'm mainly playing Vengeance, this is purely because its difficult to get groups as my guild is dead, so i have to rely on pugs. I also like creating routes to be as efficient as possible in M+. All that being said, i way prefer Havoc as i prefer dps over tanking, and the spec is enjoyable. Havoc is pretty strong right now too which helps.

Alts:

I only really play my DH at the moment.

Professions:

Alchemy & Herbalism, i find it useful being able to make my own pots and flasks.

Mythic+ Experience:

I havent been able to push as high as i wanted, currently this season i'm 1450. I'm hoping with more coordination i can push a lot higher.

Previous Guilds:

Momentum Mori-Auchidoun The guilds been my home for 11+ years but currently aren't as active as i would want, i would never lose contact with them but right now seems like a good time to focus on things that i enjoy more and the play with people who feel the same.

Availability:

I'm pretty available, online most nights generally and active through the weekends too.

Communication:

I am English, so can speak it pretty well. I don't currently have Teamspeak 3 but getting it wouldn't be an issue I've been using Discord hence why i don't have it. Previously i was a raid leader during our mythic progression, and don't have a problem listening or talking.

System / Connection:

My systems pretty new, i bought it about a year ago its relatively high spec. Internet connections good, i haven't disconnected since i got this internet about 6 months ago. (I moved to this place 6 months ago). I don't lag either, my ms is usually around 10.

Addons/UI:

Addons: Details, Method Dungeon Tools, WeakAuras, Simulation Craft, DBM, RaiderIO.
Everything other than Drums and Flask are key bound.

Other Games:

Occasionally League and sometimes Diablo Seasons.

Why Iron Edge?

Iron Edge were big on Dunemaul and always a memorable name, a guild mate recently rejoined you (Dobe) and he suggested if i was keen to continue pushing M+ it would be worth applying.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I believe i can play to a high level, i'm always working on being the best i can and I'm open to all suggestions. I'm always up for M+ and i'm active. I'm also up for a good laugh, although this application may have came across very serious.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

I remember you being on my realm during BC/Wrath and a friend suggested i apply.

Last Words:

I appreciate your time in reading this, I'm hoping you give me a chance to prove myself. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

February 11, 2020, 12:05:19 am
Reply #1

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

Re: Mythic+ Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Jakfel (XR)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 12:05:19 am »
Good Luck Jake!

February 12, 2020, 08:19:28 am
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 08:19:28 am »
Hi Jake,
Thanks for your application,

Please can I ask a few questions;

What’s your opinion where DH tanks excel within M+?

I noticed you had a few out of time runs between 13-15s please can you provide me information of why out of time, the challenges you hit?

Thanks
Paul

February 12, 2020, 03:07:09 pm
Reply #3

Offline Jakfel

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 03:07:09 pm »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I've played both Prot Warrior and Brewmaster in M+ and found that I enjoyed Vengeance more. As far as strengths go, self-healing on DH tanks is strong, generally on big packs I don’t have issues keeping myself up unless its necrotic. With necrotic and kiting DH are obviously strong with their mobility, being able to jump away to drop stacks. I think DH has grown in power since the introduction of Vision of Perfection, using this in conjunction with Gluttony really helps boost the defensive capabilities of the spec. I do think it's unfortunate we have to rely on RNG more than we should. The lower cooldown on meta does help with chaining big pulls too. All this being said the most enjoyable part of the spec is the utility for me personally. Sigil's are huge, doing a big pull grouping all the mobs up with Sigil of Chains followed by Sigil of Misery to do a interrupt straight into Sigil of Silence for 6 seconds. This is useful anywhere, put particularly on packs that heal/shield. Like every tank they have an interrupt, but they also have Imprison which is the only CC in game other than sap that doesn’t aggro the mob if you are in aggro range and consume magic, no other tank has the ability to purge. Damage on Vengeance is relatively easy and quite high in large packs.

As for the out of time runs, this has been down to several reasons. I think generally there are some runs that I have done that could have taking an easier route. A good example of this would be The Underrot, on my earlier runs I chose to take a route which was inefficient because it included too many eyes. These are hard to pull together because of the debuff and because they can’t move. Individual mistakes happen too, that’s why the ToS 15 was out of time 4 members of our group died to a single quaking which cost us more than a minute. But realistically, if I improve my pulls and everyone is performing well, we could shave a lot of time off the runs.

If you want to talk about anything in more detail, Please add my Bnet Jakor#2876.

Regards,

Jake

February 15, 2020, 07:21:06 pm
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 07:21:06 pm »
Thanks for your detailed response - happy to offer you a trial and see how you do, I would suggest to get familiar with high level tanking and shot calling as a tank the pace, the calls usually come from you, and drive the team forward.   

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:07:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 2 Users
Cnackaa, Vejeta