Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Readapt

April 05, 2020, 10:19:24 pm
Read 2197 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Readapt
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:19:24 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Readapt
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Readapt
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Heya. My name is Hanne, I’m 29 years old and live in Denmark. I currently work as a Social Worker and study psychotherapy, with focus on Motivational Interviewing (MI) to help addicted people (so if anyone feel like they are addicted to WoW, its ok you can come talk with me *pat pat* and we can be addicted together). Besides that, I love to eat good food, drink wine and travel (yes, I’m unique and interesting like that /sarcasm out)

Class/Spec:

I play Balance druid as main spec, simply as I prefer to DPS in raids. Feral is fun as well, but I sim 86k as balance and only 72k as feral with my current gear and corruption. I play the spec that is mostly needed and that I feel can contribute the most with.

As offspec I actively play resto and guardian – both on pair with gear as Balance. That means, I can assist with offspecs if ever needed (although I turn insane if I have to mainspec heal or tank for a longer period of time).

I keep myself updated through the Druid Class Discords and external links to guides like Wowhead and Questionably Epic. I also analyze other druids and myself through Warcraftlogs to see if there is anything I can do better. As secondary tools I use Wowanalyzer and Wipefest to check for fast improvements. Beside that, I sim my character to get the best gear results out of the options I have, together with using a Weak Aura for generating preferred stats for resto druid, depending on fights.

As balance the rotation comes down to a priority list, to avoid overcap Empowerments and Astral Power. Together with that, comes great awareness of incoming movement, as you can balance (hehe) the casts around pooling for an instant cast Starsurge on the go. I can pool as well to maximize uptime and stacks of Starlord talent buff, by cancelling the aura if close to expire, before casting 1-2 starsurges. Besides that, I need to actively keep up my 2-3 dots depending on talents.

Resto druid is about prehotting incoming damage (wet noodle wannabee Disc/hpala ramps) and time Wild Growth for the initial hit. Besides that, I keep hots up on people with sustained damage, like tanks or people with debuffs.
Guardian is about taunting Shad’har a tad too late, so the other tank dies to the mixed debuffs.
If you have any more in-depth questions regarding rotations, I’ll prefer to explain over Discord, to not make the application 10 meters long (Druid such hard, much wow).

Alts:

I have every class at lvl 120. Currently playing monk and mage the most. Important note that, even though I love alts, I will never reroll away from my druid.

Professions:

Alchemy and Engineering. Alchemy because of the trinket which is a fast way to get a 470 socketed trinket and to craft cheaper pots/flasks. Engineering I choose to fast get a decent 480 Azerite head piece, allowing other raiders to get prioritized on Maut headpiece. Besides that, nothing specific, as I change the professions depending on what is mostly suited (which often is the same as above, even on alts – expection being Blacksmithing for keys without a rogue to open stuff in Tol Dagor).

Raiding Experience:

FL 7/7 HC before DS+everyone got mount (rogue)
DS 8/8 HC on farm, everyone got mount (rogue)
MSV: 6/6 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
HoF: 6/6 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
ToeS: 3/3 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
ToT: 12/12 N Ahead of the Curve (rogue)
SoO 14/14 HC Cutting Edge pre introduction of mythic difficulty and 14/14 M after (rogue)
HM: 7/7 M Cutting edge (Rogue)
BrF: 10/10 M Ahead of the curve only, guild disband at 9/10 only just missed out on Cutting Edge while finding new guild (Rogue, priest healer)
HFC: 13/13 M Cutting edge (Rogue)
EN: 7/7 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto)
ToV: 3/3 M Cutting Edge/ The Chosen (druid boomie)
NH: 10/10 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto>boomie)
ToS: 9/9 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto>boomie)
ABT: 11/11 M Cutting Edge (druid boomie>resto)
Uldir: 7/7M Cutting Edge (Boomie)
BoD: 9/9 HC and 1/9 M Ahead of the curve (Boomie=resto)
EP: 6/8M (Boomie/resto)
NYA: 6/12M (Boomie/resto)

Previous Guilds:

First off, I have only ever left three guilds, one because of drama, another due to change of job which conflicted with raid times and last (previous one), I ended become a RL/officer, after the guild almost disbanded and I got asked to help, so we could continue raid and have an active community. So, I did until I slowly stepped down as RL/officer, which made the guild take a turn and some actions, that I am sad and surprised about. I can elaborate over a Discord chat if interested.

Now, chronological guild and raid history: I don’t remember the name of my guild during FL and DS, but it was an alliance guild on Silvermoon. At disband I went horde on Stormscale to focus PvP instead. I casually pug raided during MSV, HoF, ToeS and ToT, hence no Cutting Edge. Once tired of the PvP, I transferred and played with SPARKS on Kazzak from SoO up until they disbanded in BRF right before Blackhand: Cutting Edge. I went back to Silvermoon as alliance, to play with some old friends during HFC. I played in Epoch, until they merged and the drama occurred due to different mindset and goal of the leaders/two guilds. This was right before Legion expansion and I struggled to find a new guild as rogue, that I found fitting and I was demotivated due to the drama. Therefore I rerolled for the first time, to druid. That way I was prepared for easier puglife. During EN I raided with a mix of raiders alt, once per week and got my Cutting Edge that way. One guy suggested me to apply to their guild, which I did. I raided with Placeholder Title in ToV, NH, ToS, ABT and Uldir. After G’huun died a couple of time, I had to step down, due to a new job, which meant I could get called in shortly before raids. This meant I often had to choose between letting my guildmates or my job down, which were stressful for me. It was at this point. At the time the guild disbanded, I applied to your Weekend Raid, but ended pug until I quit my job and joined previous guild until now.

Availability:

My job is stable 37 hours per week with flexible worktimes. I will have periods with exams, but nothing which will affect my ability to raid.

Communication:

My English is great – it even has Danish accent to charm it up. I can download Ts3 if it still is being used, seeing you have a Discord channel.

Computer / Connection:

Computer is a gaming pc that runs everything fluent, with no fps drops, even with tons of addons and streaming/recording. My internet is stable as well.

Addons/UI:

I use Exorsus Raid Tools for various reasons. I use it to track the Raid Cooldowns, have easy access to pulltimer, raidmarkers and ready checks, with the ability to easy track if people have flask/food/rune/bad durability for the upcoming pull. It also has a build in note system, which I use to assign and read Raid CD notes for each boss or m+
I use BigWigs to track incoming boss abilities and prepare myself for it, while co-using Weakauras to emphatize some stuff. I also use WA to track every CD, buff and debuff, together with Bartender as I prefer to keep my UI simple, so I only track necessary stuff and hide abilities with no CD. Together with Bartender, I use Quartz, bagnon and Shadowed Unit Frames to customize castbars and unit frames to be simpler as well.
Vuhdo: To customize healing better, both with hots, buffs and debuffs.
Details: I mostly use this one for m+ as I prefer to check logs to see for deaths, damage taken etc instead. I could use it to check if I am topping the meters, but without a penis, it’s hard to use it to boost my e-peen (which is nothing I care about anyways).
Xanesh Practise: For practicing football team before we progressed and/or if I have to take over someone else spot, to see the angle before pulling.
RClootcouncil: To distribute and vote for loot
WOEZ Calendar Invit: Makes calendar event making easy – both to massinvite and sort by ranks.
Healer Stat Weights: To create specific stat weights based on current boss fights.
Regarding picture of my UI, I rather link to our kill videos. That way, you can both see my UI, playstyle (yikes), hear my beautiful Danish accent and get an idea of who I am.
Balance PoV:

Resto PoV:

Other Games:

None. Tried some games TFT recently, which I enjoyed, but I’ve never played LoL before, which makes it a steady but fun learning curve, regarding champions, items and abilities.

Why Iron Edge?

For me, the game is not fun to play just for achieving a certain goal, if that goal isn’t together with people, I enjoy play with. Seeing the guild has existed and survived since vanilla, is something that I admire – even more that people in the guild want to meet up in real life. I hope that I can become a part of a guild where I will find more nice people to socialize with.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

In the long term, you'll get a player that invest herself in the guild - both raid wise and as a community. I love to do stuff outside raiding and help people out if needed (achievements, m+ on mains, alts, crafting cheaper flask/pots with Silas' sphere when RNG is with me etc). Raidwise, I have great awareness, love to plan and be fully prepared for tips and mechanics.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I applied to the Weekend Raid almost 1 year ago - back then I heard about the guild through a friend, that made me aware, that there was a 1-day raiding guild on Kazzak.

Last Words?

To follow up from last application: Yes - I do want an invite as a social, if not as a trial raider, if I am still welcome.

April 05, 2020, 11:23:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Readapt
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 11:23:35 pm »
Hey there Hanne,

Very nice and elaborate application, the officer team will spend a few days discussion your application. Please feel free to answer any questions people may have for you.

I do have maybe a weird question for you, why do you sim that much lower in feral compared to balance? Are you missing weapon/corruption/azerite?

Cheers,

Nashor

April 06, 2020, 10:28:38 am
Reply #2

Offline Readapt

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:38 am »
I think it’s a matter of several minor things combined that just adds up to make the 13k difference (new sim is 73.208). I got a lot of haste corruption and haste items at higher ilvl, which is more favored for Balance. I got a 465 weapon (Day over 9000 and still no Maut weapon) – Even though I got the 475 weapon from Hivemind, it doesn’t compete with current one. I could use better trinkets as well as corruption (still no Gushing Wound either). I got one more 480 azerite piece with Wild Fleshrending and Jungle Fury since last, which alone increased the sim with 1k, so replacing my non optimal head item, would probably do something similar.
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ciJXYNDAStVvuuzmtVNp9f

April 10, 2020, 01:15:25 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 01:15:25 pm »
Hi Hanne,

Thank you for your very nice application. Unfortunately because of our current roster size and other druids on it, I wouldn't feel comfortable offering you a raid spot right now.

I'll put this app on my list should any changes occur to our roster and contact you when that happens.

If you want to, you are free to join as a social.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:23:31 pm by Rash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 1 User
Narco