Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Kelduril (XR)

September 01, 2020, 10:53:19 am
Read 2202 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Kelduril (XR)
« on: September 01, 2020, 10:53:19 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Kelduril
Server: Argent-Dawn
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Argent-Dawn/Kelduril
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Alex, I am a 26 year old Chemical Engineer from Romania, currently studying for my Master's Degree in Bucharest, Romania.

Class/Spec:

Havoc. I have been a DPS player for all of my gaming 'career'. Ever since Vanilla, I never really liked playing Tanks. I can tank in dungeons just fine, and I've main tanked raid tiers in the past, it's just that I don't particularly enjoy it.

My gear right now is very low as I have quit raiding during Eternal Palace.

I like playing DH/Havoc because of the mobility, the class fantasy, the cool visuals. I've liked Demon Hunters ever since I was a 10 year old playing Warcraft 3 and thinking the Demon Hunter looked like Batman with Metamorphosis on.

Back when I did Mythic Raiding in BFA, my prio stats changed all the time based on what the raidbots Sim was telling me. Generally, AGI and Versatility were the best, with Mastery being by far the worst.

The Demon Hunter rotation isn't really worth writing about since it's literally 3 buttons.

Alts:

None on your server, I am applying for Shadowlands and I will level up a new character during Pre-patch to be ready for SL launch.

Professions:

I will probably take the BiS ones for Shadowlands, whichever they end up being. In BFA I had Herbalism and Alchemy so I could make my own consumables.

Raiding Experience:

I've raided between Vanilla and WOTLK, clearing all content except for Algalon. Took a long break and started again in BFA, during which I raided Uldir and BoD, getting Cutting Edge on both of them alongside the guild Splendour from Argent Dawn.

Previous Guilds:

Salvation ( Argent Dawn ) -- my first raiding guild after 10 years away. I didn't really know what Mythic Raiding was back then and I was very intimidated by the concept, these guys had a very relaxed and casual atmosphere and I managed to get a few kills with them. I left the guild because I wanted a guild that raided more hardcore and progressed faster.

Splendour ( Argent Dawn ) -- my main guild in BFA, I was in it from Uldir to Eternal Palace. I was part of the kill teams for CE Ghuun and Jaina and I loved the raiding I did with them. Unfortunately, I liked the game less and less as BFA progressed and burned out. I left the raiding team and went to try out Classic. The guild has disbanded since.

Availability:

Evenings just about every day. Even more so on weekends.

I study from noon to the afternoon.

Communication:

I hold a Cambridge CAE certificate, and even though I am not a native speaker, I've been speaking English for almost 20 years now. I'm familiar with Teamspeak since we used it for Classic raiding.

Computer / Connection:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10005438927

My internet is the bomb, there shouldn't be any issues.

I have 3 SSDs, a modern GPU ( RTX 2060S ), 16 GB of RAM overclocked to 2933 and a Ryzen 5 2600.

Internet/hardware shouldn't be an issue.

Addons/UI:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/633761909702656040/750128460185337957/UI.png

Skada, Big wigs, Weakauras for raiding.

Other Games:

GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Pathfinder Kingmaker, Dungeons and Dragons, Skyrim, the list goes on. I am generally a huge RPG fan and love optimising builds.

Why Iron Edge?

I've read your wowprogress page and looked around the website and I really like what I am seeing. The raid times are also very good for me and I prefer 2 days.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm not the perfect player, but I take pride in not repeating mistakes. I like playing with numbers and min maxing/optimising my character to the best of his ability. I can adapt really well, I believe. I took a 10 year break from WoW and when I came back I managed to get Cutting Edge and 2.1k+ rating in 3v3 on my first season back, which isn't AMAZING but I think it's pretty decent for someone that had never played WoW after early Cata.

I'm a huge PvP fan and would like to get as high a rating as possible.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I saw your guild page on wowprogress

Last Words?

That dog is adorable

September 05, 2020, 03:06:27 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Kelduril (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 03:06:27 pm »
Hi Alex,
Thanks for applying and apologies for the late response. Unfortunately i'll be declining this application. I have no doubts that a guild will snatch you up, but not this one.
All the best to you!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:41:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users