Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Monk (DPS) - Grekshar

June 20, 2020, 02:03:16 pm
Read 1770 times

Applicant

Social Application - Monk (DPS) - Grekshar
« on: June 20, 2020, 02:03:16 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Grekshar
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Grekshar
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Andy, 36, UK. I work as a Data Engineer for a Building Society.
When I'm not playing WoW I'm coaching football. I'm a level 2 FA qualified football coach and coach an under 13's boys football team. Also play a bit of football (or did, prior to the events of Coronavirus) in a six a side league.

bnet: Wilson#22721
armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/grekshar

Class/Spec:

Monk is awesome, the amount of spells and the slap dash rotation for damage dealing is like fluid abstract art. The reliance on Versatility and the correct azerite gear is in some way a bit of a blocker to achieving the high dps figures but the leg sweep, paralysis cc and general kick, punch, fly through the air is so fun to play. In PVP its like a child that won't stop saying "Are we there yet".

Alts:

120 Disc Priest 463 ilvl - Kraggosh-Kazzak
120 Holy Paladin 457 ilvl - Zantasia-Kazzak
100 Warrior Shockbabe-Stormscale don't judge, I was younger then! :) (Will transfer and level to 120 when I have a guild on Kazzak)
100 Druid Merlotte-Magtheridon (Will transfer and level to 120 when I have a guild on Kazzak)

Professions:

I have the chef title from my Mage. After I came back to WoW into 8.3, I ended up getting the final Delicious Chocolate Cake recipe from the Shattrath Daily Quest. The choice of 'Barrel of Fish or Crate of Meat' You have no idea how long I spent deciding which one to pick. thankfully I chose right!

I do have the Magic Rooster and Blazing Hippogrph TCG mounts

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Progressive Raiding
Wotlk - Warrior Tank in Naxx, Ulduar, OS and ICC

Casual Raiding
Wotlk - Disc Priest (ICC)
Wotlk PVP - Frost Mage (mainly Wintergrasp)

Progressive Raiding
Wotlk - Resto/Balance/Guardian in ToTC, ICC

Cataclysm Causal Raiding through all content

MoP
The release of MoP was when I found my calling. I decided to Dual box 2 monks to try and get realm first. What I didn't take into consideration was the time it would take to get out of the Panda starting zone. Nevertheless I kept going. MoP was released on the 25th September, I was a level 90 WW Monk on the 30th September, a day behind the realm first Monk.
As I was running dungeon after dungeon, I was soon asked to join the hardcore raiding guild on Blade's Edge (there were actually a few back then). I was quickly thrown into raiding 4 nights a week and we finally got Will of The Emperor down on the 5th November and got my first AotC achievement, and the only one I am really proud of. Shortly after that success of the Will of The Emperor kill, me and my then wife were on rocky ground (she was also a WoW player) and eventually divorced (7 years ago now).
Before we finally divorced, I had got 1900 rating in RBGs on my Monk on Stormscale and very close to 1750 rating in arena.

From that point onwards, the raiding history is nothing worth talking about. I got a Curve achievement from Archmonde and the Grove Warden mount, but that was only because I was in a friends guild who had the Hellfire Citadel HC raid on farm and was basically boosted through.

No raiding experience in Legion as I was progressing through my career at work.

Joined WoW again after a long break and transferred my Disc Priest from Stormscale to a new players realm (Doomhammer) to see how I got on. Loved it, but wasn't a fan of the alliance community and the lack of PvP within guilds that I was used to on stormscale. As I had already been on Stormscale I decided that I needed a new venture going into Shadowlands and what remains of BfA.

Over my 3 level 120 characters, I am 12/12HC as healer and 12/12 normal on my Monk as WW.

Previous Guilds:

Most recent:
Kindred Spirits-Doomhammer (8.3 raided through Ny'alotha on Disc Priest and Holy Paladin)

I was in an alliance hardcore raiding guild on Blade's edge during the early parts of MoP where I played a MW and WW monk. Mentioned in previous section.

A Cunning Plan-Blade's Edge alliance in Wotlk (Hardcore raiding through Naxx, OS) - Disbanded due to drama

Availability:

Available all evenings, I work 7:30 in a morning until 15:00 Monday to Friday. Football, Saturday morning 09:00 - 11:00.

Communication:

Yes
Don't currently have Teamspeak 3 installed but happy to install it.
I use a Razer Kraken headset and happy to use it to listen and talk.

Computer / Connection:

Ethernet Connection
No FPS issues at all. I work from home and need direct access to the IT servers and Azure technologies so internet stability is a must. Using Fibre as well.
Current settings in Dazar'alor based on everything on ultra:
90 fps, Latency home/world: 19/19
Monitors: 27" 2k @144HZ, 27" 4K @60hz
System
GPU: 1080ti
CPU: 7700k
RAM: 16GB
Where is WoW installed: SSD

Peripherals: Razer Naga Chroma, Razer Tartarus Pro

Looking to upgrade my machine when the 3000 series of Nvidia GPUs are released

Addons/UI:

ElvUI
Details!
Mouseover Macros/Clique
Decursive
Screenshot: https://snipboard.io/t5VmrE.jpg

Other Games:

Only really play WoW now, but do play Overwatch (play a good Mercy). Diablo 3...seems to be a theme here...other non Blizzard games include

Destiny 2
Forza Horizon
Gran Turismo
God of War

Why Iron Edge?

Love the balance of raiding, keeping progressive and also the social aspect (especially the meet up to Vienna). As a football coach for a development club, I try and be as inclusive as possible, giving players a chance to shine. Iron Edge appears to offer the same.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Commitment, team player, willingness to learn and progress.
I have played the game on and off for the last 12 years and would like to think I have good knowledge of most aspects of the game. With this in mind, I can offer support, where to look if you have any questions and happy to help.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress and also in the guild finder.

Last Words?

I am applying as social as it is a new realm, new people and I don't plan on just joining a random guild. I will remain guildless until someone gets back to me with a decision.

If you have any questions regarding my application, please just message me via bnet

June 21, 2020, 02:36:27 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Monk (DPS) - Grekshar
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:36:27 pm »
Hi Grekshar,

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:47:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

83 Guests, 1 User
Xormn