Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Zommoros

July 05, 2020, 11:40:59 pm
Read 2596 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Zommoros
« on: July 05, 2020, 11:40:59 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Zommoros
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Zommoros
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Davor Sofranic, aged 31 , from Serbia. I own a tourism / translation agency since 2010, so my work commitments are next-to-none to be honest. However I'm also very committed to my personal health and well-being, meaning daily long walks and workouts! I have three tattoos and no kids (yet!). I wouldn't want to overshare with personal info here and bore you at the first paragraph, so if you need any other -personal- information, feel free to contact me! (ps: I am not to be found on social media, am disgusted by 'em, so you'll have to go trough the hard e-mail way or so)

Class/Spec:

My spec of choice is and always was Fire. I've been melting stuff since 2008 with it.
I can competitively play frost as well (not that it matters atm, considering the state of the specs).

I can play arcane but I'd prefer not to if possible, especially not on mythic progression fights which are overabundant with mechanical details.. Arcane just gets too clunky and a big mess at that point.

Oh uhhhh, uuuuhhh.. pewpew fireball and a pyro here and there?
Jokes aside, I'm neck-deep into every mage resource there is available (forums, discords, altered-time, icy-veins, raidbots, you name it.)

But alas to answer your questions directly:
Stat choice is currently listed as: haste>mastery>versa, or mastery>haste>versa, depending on the situation.
Corruption of choise is of course Masterful, and I've managed to obtain a few BiS pieces recently (namely head/shoulders/chest/bracers/pvp trinket) but I'm also missing quite a bit of them.
Rotation speaks for itself (no Azshara trinket yet so I don't yet need the 20 sec timer!), open fireball -> RoP->combustion/neck/trinket macro->meteor->FB-pyro dump->bracers->repeat dump. Rince and repeat every two minutes.

Alts:

Currently none available since I just got the mage up to speed.
However I usually keep a second mage as backup (that was forced out of me by one of my previous guilds, now its just a habbit) and my Death Knight (tanked Naxxramas Undying with it!)

I plan to keep them both up handy and at standby for Shadowlands.

Professions:

Currently I'm running Engineering (my favorite all time choice, I've got most in-game recipes) and uuuhhh Herbalism(?), yeah planned to gather herbs so I can make pots on my alt at the start of BfA.. I'll most likely switch herbalism to either enchanting or tailoring any moment now.

Raiding Experience:

Other than that one Naxx Unduying tank on my DK, I've always played the Mage.

Started in TBC as a late night raider, barely managed to kill Council in BT, then got drafted as a chain-sheeper for SWP trash, yeah.

In wotlk I joined a super awesome guild that fresly transfered to my realm and we got so prepared for Ulduar that we managed to rank world nr.30 in it, without even trying. Hardcored there, 6 days per week, 4 hours main 25 man raid, 4 hours 10 man raid.. The guild fell apart after 900+ pulls on 10 man Yogg+0 and migrated to another game. I transfered to Draenor then and a bit slower but managed to get a PRE-nerf LK 25 HC kill.

That was my first burnout and I skipped Cataclysm entirely and half of Pandaria.

Came back mid-pandaland and out of sheer luck a guild formed from a FLEX pug that proceeded to become the top server 10 man raiding guild! We burned SoO 10 and 25 pre-nerf where I really got skyrocketed into world mage rank 9 without even trying haha. The guild sadly broke after a while as both the GM and one main officer got arrested, on separate events, but at the same time (the GM got like 7 years lol, he said hi last year).

I tried WoD with a new guild, lost the spark, skipped the expansion.

Came back for Legion. Progress was slow and painfull as I tried to play with a Balkan guild.. it was fun to chat with them, was not fun to play with them. Cleared mythic up to the start of ToS with them, then I went for greener pastures. Cleared mythic ToS with a weekend warrior guild called Avail (no longer in existence), and then transfered to Santa Maria mid-Antorus progress where I earned the Argus cutting edge.

All of those guild 'hops' (more like guild disbands) and trying to solo keep up with mythic+ (note I was top 10 realm rank mage troughout Legion) I finally burned out and had to take a break. There were other sever personal issues that I had to adress so I did, even tho it took me 18 months. :)

Started BfA, stopped before the first raid opened, and now I'm back!
Hopefully as things stand now, I plan to play for as long as the game itself lives.

Previous Guilds:

Uhhh I kind of already listed all of them in the above answer. I can provide detailed names but I believe none other than <Albino Toilet Boys, the balkans> and <Santa Maria> are still in existence.

I left Santa Maria because it has been decided that the mage rooster if already (over)filled with mages and no spot for one will be available in the foreseeable future. Also they didn't quite appreciate my 18 month absence after just completing the trial, but alas I would not argue them about life priorities.

Availability:

As mentioned: I'm self-employed so not too many commitments.
But gaming needs boundaries too so I'm generally available from 12 pm to 14-15 pm (this is my daily grind if you wanna call it that way), and then from 19pm onwards into the night. Server time, that is.
I play longer on weekends, obviously.

Communication:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm generally very quiet unless I really have something to say, so you don't have to worry about random banter or yapping all day long from me.

Computer / Connection:

It is a decent rig bought in 2016, running at smooth 60 fps during the most cluttered pulls in a raid setting. Connection is stable, new ISP since 2018, not a single dc since. My Kazzak ping is a steady 65ms (and that doesn't depend on the ISP, but rather on my location, trust me I've tested it).

Addons/UI:

DBM, Exorsus, Details, Weakauras. Unless specifically required of me, I like to keep it clean.
I've decided to stick to the default UI since I've had ElvUI fucking up fps on some pulls in the past. Note: Half of my keybinds are on the razor naga mouse, in case you find any confusing.

https://imgur.com/a/vKIWgCv

Other Games:

None.
I used to play the Souls-series but I've given up on them seeing as they -actually- cause anxiety issues. True story, something about the human CNS being in flight-or-fight mode for prolonged time sessions.

Why Iron Edge?

I love the idea of being a part of a long-standing guild. Seeing the website made me weep a bit, and not just another copy of a copy of a copy of a template guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you a Mage. I can offer you 100% raid attendance and even more class knowledge. I can offer you an absolute lover of mythic+, and portals!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you on wowprogress, which took me to this awesome website of yours.

Last Words?

Aye! I know that I'm posting this as a 'main team' application but truth be told I am not in a world race rush here, so I'd be more than happy to play with either of the two raiding teams.

That is one cute dog Phoenixflame!

With all of that said, I thank you for the time you took to read this!
I am not running any other guild applications at the moment, so please be kind to provide me a response, whatever it may be.

Love, Zom

July 05, 2020, 11:45:18 pm
Reply #1

Offline Zommoros

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Zommoros
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:45:18 pm »
Gosh, I forgot to mention that I've currently cleared Nya HC and managed to pug 3/12 mythic.

July 06, 2020, 12:03:33 am
Reply #2

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:03:33 am »
If you would have applied 2 Weeks ago I would be jumping up and down with delight (I was the Only Mage this Patch and it was tiresome) but we just added a new one and more importantly we just Cleared Nylotha this week.
so our Raiding schedule is still undecided and even if we will clear Nylotha weekly for the Mount we probably won't kill enough bosses to gear you up.

But all in all I think another Mage is Welcome
and his Application seem good enough apart from the DBM instead of the superior BigWigs (note to Zommoros - guild is using DBM, so your good)

and he gets extra points for the "Fire is Best, Frost is fine if I have to and please Don't make me play Arcane"

So if the Officers are thinking about recruiting for Shadowlands then you have my Vote
as long as you will understand that your Trial period will be very long (IE till Shadowlands first raid)

July 06, 2020, 12:13:45 am
Reply #3

Offline Zommoros

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 12:13:45 am »
So if the Officers are thinking about recruiting for Shadowlands then you have my Vote
as long as you will understand that your Trial period will be very long (IE till Shadowlands first raid)

Thank you very much for your quick and delightful response!
And yes, Shadowlands IS what I'm aiming at honestly, anything before that would just be a hefty bonus.
I've got no issues on trialing for as much as you need me to.

July 06, 2020, 12:20:29 am
Reply #4

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 12:20:29 am »
Just to note
I am Not an Officer

An officer will actually decide to approve you or not
but Like I said, you have my vote (We started 6 Mages when BFA launched...
I was left all alone
so I am up for more Mages)

July 06, 2020, 01:13:34 am
Reply #5

Offline Zommoros

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 01:13:34 am »
Just to note
I am Not an Officer

An officer will actually decide to approve you or not
but Like I said, you have my vote (We started 6 Mages when BFA launched...
I was left all alone
so I am up for more Mages)

I'm aware of that, still thank you for the kind words. :)
psps: you might REALLY want a fire mage buddy as 'Focus Magic' is comming back in SL. Synergy and all that!

July 06, 2020, 05:20:51 pm
Reply #6

Offline Zommoros

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 05:20:51 pm »
Also noticed that I forgot to mention that I've purchased and stashed 7*masterful r.3 corruptions, just waiting on Wednesday weekly rewards for a potential gear upgrade before applying them all. So basically am ready to play the fun high-risk-reward style, thought that might be important.

July 09, 2020, 07:35:29 pm
Reply #7

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »
Hiyo Zommoros,

I think you've made an excellent application, and I would be happy to offer you a trial for the main raid. Currently it is going to be a little late to join in for progress, as we're going into the last few kills of N'zoth before taking a break before Shadowlands. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite and we can start your trial out when we raid in Shadowlands :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 10:26:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 0 Users