Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lankycheese

July 14, 2020, 06:17:29 pm
Read 2471 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lankycheese
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:29 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Lankycheese
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Lankycheese
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Ed
Work: IT Professional

Class/Spec:

So as a Warlock I will and am comfortable playing whichever spec is best for the given encounter. However, as BFA is notorious for it's convulated systems I only have a limited number of Azerite pieces and therefore have run with Destruction as my Main Spec, conveniently Destro is the best for 10/12 Mythic encounters, so I don't see a huge problem here. I am however missing some Rolling Havoc Azerite pieces but that is more from an optimisation point of view.

Gear Level: 479 iLvl / 474 Equipped
Cloak: 98 Corruption Resistance
HoA: Level 93
Azerite: 480 iLvL x3: Flashpoint x2, Burst Flare x2, Crashing Chaos x1, Chaotic Inferno x1, Overwhelming Power x2, Elemental Whirl x1.
Essences: Vision Major / Breath, Conflict, Lucid Dreams Minors

I've played Warlock since Vanilla in 2006 and have raided with him since Karazhan, with regards to BFA Destruction Warlock it is a spec that I believe is entirely based around your 2-3minute Infernal cooldown period with the emphasis on stacking as much as possible into the 30 seconds it is up whilst simulatenously praying for Vision procs. That means using trinkets such as Corrupted Gladiators Badge and Font of Power during the window whilst passively stacking as much haste as possible through Corruption, clever Flashpoint usage and Vita (to name a few). This allows the Warlock to gain Go:SUP stacks rapidly which further amplify the chaos bolt damage.

For gearing:
Stack Haste on gear as much as possible.
Gather as many Corrupted Expedient pieces as possible.
Once around the 60-70% base haste % mark there is some debate whether 1 Gushing Wounds, 1 Strikethrough, 1 Honed Mind or 1 Racing Pulse is technically more efficient, however I would argue that you would be fine stacking Expedient pieces.

For talents:
Erad/IC is further ahead than the Flashover/RE combo at 465+ iLvl. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty cookie cutter: Erad / IC / Cataclysm / Go:SUP / DS:I.
Burning Rush for movement, Demon Skin for high damage fights were BR isn't needed.
Coil for on demand healing if Demonic Circle isn't needed.

General Gameplay:
Immolate adds >80% HP for FP buff.
Havoc at the end of an Infernal if possible to benefit from enhances chaos bolts. Otherwise you want to save conflags and shards for your havoc period and use on Cooldown.
Cataclysm on cooldown unless there is a stacked add window coming <30seconds.
Line up all CD's with Infernal, delay up to 30seconds if needed to sync them together.
If running >40 Corruption then Banish + Immolate Thing from Beyond for FP uptime.
When running Erad / IC build, ensuring there is always 5secs of immolate on the target before CB hits is optimal. Erad uptime should be taken into account if and only if you can consistently get the next chaos bolt off in the same 7 second window.

Defensive Gameplay:
Gateway can be used for personal movement if it is not needed for the raid.
Healthstones for a psuedo "raid cooldown".
Unending Resolve for any large burst windows or for solo soaking if applicable.

Alts:

I've got 10 level 120's, however the only 'relevant' one is my mage who is 460ish iLvl with Level 15 cloak. Would be happy to gear any of them in Shadowlands, BFA has just not lent itself to the PUG life with respect to alts. I can however play them as follows:
Prot Warrior,
Elemental Shaman,
BM Hunter,
Frost Mage,
Disc / Shadow Priest,
Balance Druid,
Havoc / Veng DH,
Blood DK,
Prot / Ret Paladin,

Professions:

Tailoring / Enchanting / Cooking for all that filthy money. I plan to stick with these in Shadowlands and similarly would intend to level my alts pretty quick to make use of whatever the Covenants have to offer in regards to Professions with the idea of helping the guild get an edge ASAP.

Raiding Experience:

I've raided hardcore on and off from ICC (Tier10). I've noted the tiers that I have raided at a CE or AOTC level, where the brackets denote a CE equivalent achievment. You will note that I have taken large breaks throughout the last 15 years due to going through University and having long periods of study, however with a stable job and a reignited passion for the game I am throughouly looking forwad to raiding in Shadowlands.

Raiding Tiers:
11/12hc Tier 10
4/12hc Tier 11
7/7hc Tier 12 (CE)
8/8hc Tier 13 (CE)
12/12M Tier 16 - CE
7/7hc 10/10hc Tier 17 - AOTC
13/13M Tier 18 - CE
7/7 M Tier 19 - CE
8/8hc Tier 24 – AOTC
12/12hc Tier 25 – AOTC

Previous Guilds:

I am currently a social member in Santa Maria, unfortunately they raid 3x a week which is too much for my lifestyle, I have returned to the game fairly recently (Nov 2019) and have bene PUGing and playing with some IRL friends up to this point. It's now time that I want to find a guild I can call home that raid two times a week (this is all the time I can reliably commit to). Therefore, I am leaving SM and hoping to join Iron Edge because you have a lighter raid schedule yet are still clearing all Mythic content each tier.

Availability:

I am expected in the office Mon - Fri 9-5:30, I therefore expect to be able to make the main Iron Edge raid Monday and Thursday 20:00 - 24:00 every week, my weekends are fairly busy which was why I was initially drawn in to your guild. Your schedule of week nights only for the main raid is highly desirable for me. The only exception to this would be holidays which I would know in advance and would be able to let you know accordingly.

Communication:

Yes, yes and yes.

Computer / Connection:

FPS is normally > 100.
Internet connection is very stable, I normally get around 10-12 ping and I cannot remember the last time I disconnected due to unstable internet.

Addons/UI:

DBM - Raid mechanic timers
GTFO - annoying noises to make one react to negative effects to their character
Weak Auras - Bespoke addon that can be designed to highlight absolutely anything. Amazingly versatile and an absolute must have. There is also a fantastic library of WA's on wago.io for all your needs!
Details - provides information retro-spectively on deaths, dispels, interupts, damage, overhealing. There is a lot of data here that can be used to quickly determine why something might be going wrong.
Bartender4 - To customise UI and move/hide elements of the UI in combat
Shadowed Unit Frames - Highly customisable raid frames
Clique - for mousover mouse macros (e.g. soulstone is bound to shift + left-click)
MoveAnything - To move the standard Blizzard panels e.g. I use the regular cast bar but have moved it from it's default location
Decursive - For dispelling with my Imp

UI Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Omy6l5F (It is only at a dummy but I hope you can get the idea, I didn't have time to join a raid this evening! Happy to provide more if needed)

Other Games:

Nothing else very seriously, I have played other blizzard games, LoL, Dota in the past but at the moment I only have a main interest for WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

You look like a great social bunch of people who I feel are like-minded and want the same thing out of the game that I do. To be able to have a good time whilst clearing Mythic content on a lighter schedule. As mentioned above your two-day a week schedule with both days in the week is exactly what I was looking for. However, aside from the raiding you have a great website which portrays a social group of people who enjoy each other's company online and offline, you look like a wonderful guild to be a part of.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A reliable and fun indiviudal who can bring both historic and recent game knowledge to the team. I'm a laid-back person who ultimately just wants to have fun at a competitive level. I would love to be able to get involved outside of the raiding scene, even if that's just hanging out on Discord/Teamspeak! I believe that I can bring more than just a slick Warlock as there are people behind each screen and I'd want to get to know all of you!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Until today I incorrectly thought Phoenix was spelt Pheonix, so this has been a learning process for me if anything else! Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text, looking forward to hearing back from you.

July 16, 2020, 07:01:15 pm
Reply #1

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lankycheese
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 07:01:15 pm »
Hiyo Lankycheese,

I really like your application and I would like to offer you a trial for the main raid. However, as we are currently in the later stages of the raiding and killing N'zoth a couple more times before possibly going for a break until Shadowlands, I would like for your trial with us to start then as well. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

July 18, 2020, 09:37:43 pm
Reply #2

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lankycheese
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 09:37:43 pm »
hey Look its a Warlock

I see Moon already caught him
now tie him up and don't let him escape!!!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:21:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 0 Users