Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Veiny

August 02, 2020, 09:58:30 pm
Read 3177 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Veiny
« on: August 02, 2020, 09:58:30 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Veiny
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Veiny
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Andrew, 36, UK.
I work full time on weekdays.

Class/Spec:

Fury only for BFA (only came back to game recently and haven;t had time to gear 2 specs fully with corruptions yet)
Can play arms/fury in SL np at all.

Fury is pretty simple honestly.
- Rampage > Bloodthirst > raging blow.
- use execute and/or dragon roar when I have enrage as a 2nd prio after rampage.

Alts:

No alts currently raid ready as recently returned to game. planning to have a WW monk or DH alt raid ready in shadowlands

Professions:

herb/alch. Not big in to making gold through professions so I go these to save myself money over the course of the expansion with 2 hr flasks and making my own flasks.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing in late lich king and started raiding in Cata.
CATA:
full clear Heroic BWD, The one with al'akir and BoT (not sinestra) - as resto shaman
6/7 heroic firelands as ele shaman (due to officer team deciding for us that raggy is too tough to even waste time with :( )
6/8 Dragonsoul heroic - guild i raided with disbanded on spine of DW

MoP:
Full clear ToT Heroic, couldnt kill Garrosh on hardest difficulty (cleared rest) - ele shaman

Legion: - rogue
casual during emerald nightmare and nighthold (cleared roughly 1/2-2/3 mythic)
Antorus - killed all but last 2 mythic, again guild disband.

BFA:
Quit playing during uldir, was progressing Ghuun on roughly week 8-10 of the tier. - WW Monk

I kinda get set in a guild and when it disbands I just stop playing for a while. This is why I'm looking for a proper guild to call home and stick with through everything.

Previous Guilds:

nothing noteworthy in current tier. Raided with

Availability:

work is 8am - 4pm on weekdays. holidays coincide with school holidays.

Communication:

yea, i can download it with no issues and have a mic.

Computer / Connection:

computer is fine yea.

Addons/UI:

weak auras, dbm, details (not to cheese dps, but to check quickly between pulls what I failed on and improve), ERT (for notes etc)

Other Games:

Casually play FFXIV atm, I played it more intensely during my breaks from wow full clearing savage modes and ultimates.

Why Iron Edge?

Raid days are perfect and it looks like an awesome place to call home.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can do everything that is required from a raider and more.
I no life m+ every tier to get the best gear I can as we progress and will never complain about trading loot to other players if it benefits the team.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

I hope my logs show I can pull some ok numbers with a relatively low number of kills on each boss.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/veiny

I am a quick learner and will never get defensive when someone tells me what to do to improve.

August 02, 2020, 10:00:59 pm
Reply #1

Offline Veiny

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Veiny
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 10:00:59 pm »
Account made as requested  ;D, happy to answer any questions or speak on discord

August 02, 2020, 11:40:19 pm
Reply #2

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:40:19 pm »
Hi
your application is a little thin on the information

I suggest you look at other application to our guild and see how we expect people to apply and elaborate

August 02, 2020, 11:43:21 pm
Reply #3

Offline Veiny

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 11:43:21 pm »
Hi
your application is a little thin on the information

I suggest you look at other application to our guild and see how we expect people to apply and elaborate

Not sure what to add that isn't waffle, was trying to keep as concise and to the point as possible.
Am very happy to supply any extra info you require :)

August 02, 2020, 11:53:56 pm
Reply #4

Offline Veiny

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 11:53:56 pm »
Why Iron Edge?

Raid days are perfect and it looks like an awesome place to call home.
have been low key checking out your guild in particular for a couple of weeks with /who iron edge and it seems like a very active guild thats always up to something. I am an active member and always looking to do m+, pvp or whatever really.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can do everything that is required from a raider and more.
I no life m+ every tier to get the best gear I can as we progress and will never complain about trading loot to other players if it benefits the team.
I have played wow at a high level before in top 500 guilds and do believe I can offer a consistent reliable dps, who will rarely (if ever) miss a raid.

I play for progression (not gear) and really sadistically enjoy wiping for 3 hours to get that extra 5-10% through a bosses hp bar.

I am geared and ready to hit the ground running, without the need for a gear boost.

Previous Guilds:

nothing noteworthy in current tier. Raided with a friends casual guild for the last couple of weeks once my char was geared and raid ready.

Communication:

yea, i can download it with no issues and have a mic.
I speak clear fluent english (well except my northern english accent XD) and know when to speak and when to not speak in a raid.

Class/Spec:

Fury only for BFA (only came back to game recently and haven't had time to gear 2 specs fully with corruptions yet)
Can play arms/fury in SL np at all.

Fury is pretty simple honestly.
- Rampage > Bloodthirst > raging blow.
- use execute and/or dragon roar when I have enrage as a 2nd prio after rampage.

I love theorycrafting, simming and minmaxing my character.
Fury is exceptionally fun to play at the moment. Hopefully you can see from my armoury link I am geared well, with good/bis equipped secondary stats and corruptions

August 03, 2020, 01:05:11 am
Reply #5

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 01:05:11 am »
Hey Veiny,

Are you looking for a guild to still raid bfa with or are you mostly looking ahead to SL?

August 03, 2020, 10:17:46 am
Reply #6

Offline Veiny

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:46 am »
Hey Veiny,

Are you looking for a guild to still raid bfa with or are you mostly looking ahead to SL?

Hello Nashor,

Both really, I would love to get cutting edge and the 12/12 M clear this tier, but realistically im also looking ahead to shadowlands and to have a nice team to hit the ground running with.

I offer a full raiders attitude, I.e. I will be as ready to start raiding shadowlands as is possible (all m0 cleared each week in plate shares) and a social friendly nature. The thing that attracted me to the guild (other than your great raid history) was the photo of your meetup in Vienna. I have always wanted to be in a guild like this and participate in such events! :)

August 03, 2020, 10:53:27 am
Reply #7

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 10:53:27 am »
Hi Veiny
your 2nd post additions were welcomed and showed a little more about you which is why we want people to expend

as per Nashor Question, you need to know that all of our raiding groups stopped raiding this Expansion
so any application is just for Shadowlands

In any case I am sure our Melee Officer will reply to you soon with more questions or a verdict

August 05, 2020, 11:04:15 pm
Reply #8

Offline Veiny

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 11:04:15 pm »
Hi Veiny
your 2nd post additions were welcomed and showed a little more about you which is why we want people to expend

as per Nashor Question, you need to know that all of our raiding groups stopped raiding this Expansion
so any application is just for Shadowlands

In any case I am sure our Melee Officer will reply to you soon with more questions or a verdict

Happy to answer any questions or chat to anyone on discord if this helps :)

August 08, 2020, 05:50:59 pm
Reply #9

Online Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »
Hey Veiny,
Forgive the delay in getting back to you on this. We'll be happy to accept you as a social for now and then ofcourse trial in the main raid for shadowlands.
You can poke an Officer for an invite  ;)

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length