Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Cnackaa

September 05, 2020, 02:08:43 pm
Read 2224 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Cnackaa
« on: September 05, 2020, 02:08:43 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cnackaa
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Cnackaa
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Denis, and I'm from Bulgaria. Relocated to Denmark straight after high school. Graduated Uni and now working as a software developer. Gamer by heart (pc, console, board games, D&D). On the physical side I do bouldering and regular gym (gym is a recent endeavour).
I also spend a decent amount of time with my girlfriend (hence the 2-day raid limit/requirement)

Class/Spec:

In BFA Sin was the only viable spec most of the time, so so far that has been my main. For SL it looks like Sub will be competitive and I'll try to make it work as much as possible, falling back on Sin if/when needed.

I don't think gear level is relevant currently.

For Sin, for the majority of BFA (excluding the new corruption-influenced builds) it was Crit > Haste > Mastery.

Rotation is to keep bleeds up, pool in such a way that you don't hold Toxic Blade and you can fit 3 envenoms within. Don't let Elaborate Planning and Envenom buff fall off as best you can.

For Sub SL right now it looks like Vers > Mastery > Haste but it's all speculation.
Rotation will depend on talent choices and these will be determined after tuning.
In general - refresh SnD and Rupture outside of dance windows, Shadowstrike for Find Weakness, Slaughter/Shadowstrike into Eviscerate during Symbols and Dance.

Alts:

I didn't have any alts during BFA as it was imho masochistic to try to keep up with AP, essences etc.

For SL I plan to have a Paladin alt, and so-far a second rogue (with different covenant) as I don't trust Blizz to properly balance them on time. But these are still a vague ideas floating in my mind.  

Professions:

For BFA - Engineering and JC. Engi for mythic level helm with good azerites, JC for ring with desirable stats + socket.

For SL it looks like it won't matter in terms of player power. Planning on 2 gathering professions at launch and we'll see what is most beneficial later.

Raiding Experience:

For the majority of WoW I played on private servers (mainly BC and Classic)
BC - primarily holy priest
Classic - resto shaman

In retail:

WoD:
HFC - 12/13 as warrior https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/10456752?zone=8&new=true

BFA - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/40763319 :

Uldir - 3/8
BoD - 0/9
EP - 8/8 - https://puu.sh/GnmQj/7334cca10c.png * (sub world 500)
Nyalotha - 9/12 - https://puu.sh/GnmPU/2d239865c9.png *

*Equity is private logging hence the screenshots. I can lend you my warcraftlogs account if you'd wish to investigate further.

Previous Guilds:

Absolution Stormscale-EU:
The guild disbanded in mid EP as GM and RL went to a hardcore guild. I then got approached by and joined Equity.

Equity Kazzak-EU:
The guild changed a lot between EP and Nyalotha. Went a lot more hardcore in the not-cool way. We were running a roster of 28~. At around Ilgynoth few of us got told that we'd be benched until Nzoth is dead. That really "cut my wings" as I was excited for the push. So I informed them I'll unsub, seening that I won't get any more progression raids and considering Beta for Azeroth, Corruption BS etc.
And to reiterate, the guild changed, I was no longer having that much fun during the raid, apart from the raiding itself. Banter was to a minimum, everything was very military-like, no discussions or input from raiders, just "follow these orders".

Availability:

I work a regular 9-5 office job. Holidays are planned at least a month in advance (currently my next holiday is probably mid January).
As for ingame time - I'd like to believe I play a decent amount of time, but I can only dedicate 2 days of "prime time" for raiding. The rest are quite odd hours (like between 1-3am or 6am before work) etc.

Communication:

English has been my primary language for the last 9 years, so I'd say I'm more than ok with it.
I have TS (probably needs an update or 10) and a mic too.

Computer / Connection:

Connection - https://www.speedtest.net/result/10031531365
It's pretty stable, I don't experience random disconnects.

PC - waiting for Ryzen 4th gen in late september/mid october for an upgrade.
Current specs:
i5 @3.4 GHz
1080Ti
24 GB DDR3 @1666 Mhz

Future specs:
Ryzen 4800X or Ryzen 3900XT/3950X
16GB DDR4 @3200Mhz

Ping and current FPS are visible in the raid UI screenshot.

Addons/UI:

Raid UI - https://imgur.com/4ZbbS1X

Addons:
ElvUI - UI reskin
BigWigs - boss frames
AngryAssignments - raid assignments
ExorsusRaidTools - raid utility
WeakAuras- UI and raid utilities
Details - dps analysis (when trying things out); "what killed me" log

Keybinds -
I don't play with visible bars as I've exported everything I need to know from them into WAs.
I don't know what else to say... I have a focus-kick macro, a mouse-over focus macro for warlock gates, some bundled talent abilities (so I press the same button doesn't matter if I'm specced into Secret Techniques, Shuriken Tornado, Killing Spree or Blade Rush etc.)

For SL since major cooldowns are off the GCD and since Sub has more abilities off the GCD i'll be using:
*Backstab/Gloomblade/ShadowStrike macro
*Symbols + Dance + ShadowStrike
*Symbols + Dance+S huriken Storm
*Shadowblades + Symbols + Dance + Shadowstrike

Other Games:

Actively at the moment - none.
I was hooked on LoL for the first time in 7-8 years, but I went on summer vacation and I'm glad I'm off it again.
Looking at my desktop these are the following that I have >100 hours on (some over 1000):
-World of Tanks
-Lineage 2
-Path of Exile
-Darkest Dungeon
-Warcraft 3
-Starcraft 2
-Hollow Knight

Why Iron Edge?

I believe Iron Edge is a place where I'll find like-minded individuals, good raiding atmosphere and a community which knows likes to play hard while having fun.
Additionally, it just my only hard-requirement - 2 day raiding.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A motivated individual who's used to high-level raiding, one who can take care of their character to ensure optimal performance. Maintain good composure (thick-skinned) throughout and totally not throw a joke that wiped the raid because the healers were too busy laughing :sweat:

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

*I'd like to elaborate on Uldir and why I'm only 3/8. My long-distance girlfriend moved in with me from England right as the tier started. Raiding 3 times a week proved a strain at that time and I chose RL over WoW. Naturally 2 years later things are working much more smoothly and raiding hasn't and won't be an issue.

*It's a bit embarassing how much I relate to the statement "who can't stop talking about how much better things were in TBC"

*I see your dog and raise you my rabbit - https://imgur.com/a/HjELIfI

September 05, 2020, 02:23:20 pm
Reply #1

Offline Cnackaa

• Guild Member

• Cnackaa

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Cnackaa
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 02:23:20 pm »
And of course I forgot something.. I'm 28 years old.

September 09, 2020, 11:25:17 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Cnackaa
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:25:17 pm »
Hey Cnackaa,
Thanks for applying. I like the application and think you may be a good addition to the guild so feel free to poke an officer for an invitation for a trial at the beginning of Shadowlands.

Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 01:07:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users