Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Cromac

September 07, 2020, 08:58:54 pm
Read 2412 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Cromac
« on: September 07, 2020, 08:58:54 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cromac
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Cromac
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hey there,

I am Anthon, 26 years of age from Denmark. I've just finished my studies this summer and started a job as a children teacher at a primary school. When I'm not working I like to play computer games (surprice) as well as going to the gym.

Note: I am filling out this application regarding personal information about me and my world of warcraft experiences, but I would like to join the guild along with my friend Philip, who has also filled out an application at your forums.

Class/Spec:

I am currently playing a retribution paladin as mainspec, whilst holy is my current offspec. I enjoy the retribution playstyle, because of the damage rotation centered about your usage of holy power, as well as the utility kit it brings to the party and raid composition. I enjoy making a difference in the groups I am a part of - and being able to soak, bypass, cheese mechanics in general, so I can l help my allies with the strenghts that I provide with my class.
Recently, I've been centered about mythic+ content, so before I went a break from the game (almost 4 months) - I was pushing 20 keys on Ravencrest-alliance as retribution. I am sitting at 477 itl as ret and 470 itl as holy on live. Premarily gathered from mythic+ and casual heroic content.

I read up on a lot of theorycrafting regarding the class I am playing, so I am able to play it to it's fullest potential. Therefore, I can tell that stat priorities will change in the future, but as it is for BFA live and with corruptions coming in to play. I'd start reaching a soft cap of 30% crit followed up by a decent amount of haste, ideally around 25%, and after that dump everything into mastery along with the mastery amplifier (Mastery Corruption). Mastery increases your holy damage done with a certain % - combine this percent of mastery with a few azurite trait's of Avenger's might (increases your mastery by 870, whilst wings are active) - it'll increase your total percent of holy damage done to above 100% (with my current gear) - The core strenghts of the retribution in terms of dps will be during theses burst windows, when wings are active or when they proc due to the essence vision of perfection, which also grants you wings with the avengers might bonus for a short duration. Therefore, rets really excel in the start of boss encounters due to their burst and especially during cleave/aoe fights in general.

Rotation for a ST encouter:
(Prepot)
Blade of Justice (2 holy power generator)
Judgment (1 hp gen)
Crusade (Wings)
Execution Sentence (3 hp spender)
Wake of Ashes (5 hp gen)
Templar's Verdict (3 hp spender)
Hammer of Wrath (1 hp gen)
Templar's Verdict (3 hp spender)
Crusader Strike as your filler to generate 1 holy power for your spenders.
(Never overcap holypower! I am very vary of this, whilst during my rotation).

This is my priority list for high damage uptime on bosses/ ST dmg in general, whilst under the effects of wings. If you're interested in my aoe rotations, I'd be more than willings to come up with priority list for those scenarios as well.

Additionally I play around Arcanic Pulsar, pooling some astral power before the 9th Starsurge so I can usually get two Starsurges inside the 6s Alignment window.

Alts:

Mentionable alts, would first of all be my beast mastery hunter 472 itl (currently alliance, which I will elaborate on later in the section regarding raiding experience) I've attached my hunters current armory link - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/aquad%C3%B3r

Professions:

My current professions are Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. I've to be honest, but during BFA I haven't spent much time or effort to keep these up to date, but as professions will be more relevant in SL - I'll  make sure to put an effort into these from launch. I'll probably keep Enchanting as it is, because I like being able to provide people with enchants, when it's needed, but I am probably gonna replace JC with a grinding profession. It'll probably be either herbalism or mining instead - just to make sure to grind some easy materials from the get go to earn gold and provide people with some materials they may desire.

Raiding Experience:

I've played the game since the end of TBC, but in terms of raiding experience I started raiding during WOTLK, which I've been doing on and off till of present times. I've always been playing a DPS role in raid environment, switching back and forth between of being a hunter and a paladin. I have raided on many different levels from casual to semi hardcore up to 5 times a week. Below, I have selected some of the recent raiding experiences that I find most up to date and relevant (I'll gladly elaborate on this if necessary).

Raiding with EU-Ravencrest Eversio alliance as Retribution paladin in legion:
Emerald Nightmare - Xavius Mythic Curve
Trial of Valor - 2/3 mythic (didn't complete this tier as we went straight to Nighthold as it was released)
Nighthold - 8/10m before I'd to take a long break from the game due to personal reasons. (I didn't return to raiding with Eversio till BFA and Uldir, which I've stated below, but when BFA went live I decided to start raiding again, where we manged kill Zul 6/8 mythic but this time as a hunter instead... Unfortunately I'd to give up on raiding 3-4 days a week as it became too time consuming and therefore I'd to switch my focus to finishing my studies and mythic+ content instead for the rest of the expansion.

Previous Guilds:

My previous guild is an alliance guild called Eversio on Ravencrest. It's top 100 alliance mythic guild in the world in terms of mythic progression, who of as recent achieved famed slayer for every raid content in the expansion. I raided with them in legion as mentioned in the raiding experience section, and I tried to get back to raiding semi hardcore in BFA with them on my hunter, but due to my studies I didn't have the time, despite my interest for high end content raiding. Therefore, I was only able to kill till zul on mythic diff with them in uldir, and after that I pretty much stayed with them as a social focusing on mythic+ content instead. I don't have the time to raid this much anymore I am afraid and therefore, I took a leap of faith and recently moved to kazzak with some friends looking for a new beginning and a fresh start for SL and that's when I noticed your guild on wowprogress, which is very appealing to me.

Availability:

I work form around 8am-4pm monday to friday, so I've no problems at all attending raids. If I were to be absent (highly unlikely), I'll make sure to give you a heads up in advance, so that you'll be able to plan around it in terms of raid composition etc.

Communication:

Yes, I am. I've Teamspeak even though, I am normally using discord for voice communicaiton, but I've no problems with being vocal or listening on TS at all. My microphone is more than fine for those purposes.

Computer / Connection:

1. I've a decent computer. 2. I don't have any fps issues.  3. My internet connection is good. 4. My internet connection is stable. 5. I don't have high ping on Kazzak. 6. I don't lag both in game and in real life. 7. I don't disconnect every hour :)

Addons/UI:

Raiding addons:
- Big Wigs for boss alerts, mechanics and timers in general
- Weakauras - same as above + tracking timers on personal cooldowns
- Tell me when (TMW) - same as above + tracking different procs
- Exorsus raid toos
- Angry assignments - Overview of raid assigments
- Details for healing and dmg numbers as well as death recaps
- Omni CC - cooldown count for everything (abilities)
- GTFO - I think this explains it self.
- KUI-nameplates - I like the visuals of these bars for my UI, but I've been experimenting with plater for nameplates lately.
- Mik's Scrolling Battle Text - Dmg/healing numbers

My Classic UI in action:
https://imgur.com/a/Ka4KX1M

Other Games:

If I am not playing world of warcraft, (which probably will be the only game I'll play during the week, when SL goes live) I do enjoy playing DOTA 2, DND and random social steamgames such as pummelparty and even fall guys (yes I know, I am one of those guys).

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a stable raiding guild with a laidback attitude, where we get the most of raiding two days a week, whilst having fun. I don't have time to invest several hours into raiding anymore, I am afraid, which I've stated quite some times now. Therefore, I want to join a foundation that are serious about raidind - an environment where you're moving forward! Looking at your history, I see a lot of potential in your guild - both as a raiding guild but also a great social community.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a very loyal and dedicated raider. I am always coming prepared for the raid whether, it is to have the necessary enchants and consumables along me, read tactics and in general be optimized on my chart, so I can perform to my fullies and get the boss down. I am the kind of guy who tink more of progress rather than gear, as gear is the means to get the boss down, which is the real goal in my opinion. I am open and honest and don't mind criticism to myself in relation to raiding - I'll gladly sit out, if that's what the guild needs me to do to get a certain boss down for instance. I'll do my best to maintain a high attendance, which is not much to demand imo, when raiding only twice a week, which is sooooo apealing to me! I can't say that enough!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Other than that, I hope that I am the guy you're looking for. I'll make sure to show you the real power of a retribution paladin. You won't be disappointed!

September 07, 2020, 09:09:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Cromac

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Cromac
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:09:08 pm »
"Additionally I play around Arcanic Pulsar, pooling some astral power before the 9th Starsurge so I can usually get two Starsurges inside the 6s Alignment window."  ;D
 Jeez, I was looking at one of your recent applications as an inspiration for my own and by mistake I copied his text. I was quite fascinated with his application, but I was not intending to copy-paste anything.

Cromac

September 09, 2020, 11:32:02 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:02 pm »
Hey Cromac,
Thanks for applying. With you applying as a Duo, please allow us a little more time to make a decision.
I don't have any questions in the mean time, but I just need to consult with our Ranged Officer before making a decision.
Thanks in advance! You'll hear back soon

- Shimmar

September 12, 2020, 11:15:48 am
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 11:15:48 am »
Hey Cromac,
Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately we won't be able to facilitate you both at this time, so i'll have to decline the application.
 It will definately be worth trying back further into Shadowlands, but until then I wish you all the best for the future!

- Shimmar

September 12, 2020, 11:29:19 am
Reply #4

Offline Cromac

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 11:29:19 am »
Hey Shimmar,
thanks for your time and taking us into consideration. Best of luck with your progression in Shadowlands!

- Cromac

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 1 User
Helken