Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Fortvíla

September 08, 2020, 03:52:02 pm
Read 2162 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Fortvíla
« on: September 08, 2020, 03:52:02 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Fortvíla
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Fortv%C3%ADla
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Since i asume most dont remember much about me. My name is Nikolai and im 27 years old from norway. Currently taking my last 2 years on my master degree in biotechnology focusing on biochemestry and virologi/pathogenic bacteria.

For those who remember me, i hope they remember me as someone whos always happy and cheerfull, while also beeing somewhat tryhard. When i do something in life i always wanna do it 100%, don't see the point in doing something unless ur trying your hardest.

Class/Spec:

Currently playing frost, but i tend to like UH more.
Currently 477 with decent corruption and sockets

Trying to get some azerite for UH, but havent been lucky with the m+ vendor yet. I mainly play my DK as dps, but every now and then i tank a m+ or HC if needed.

Currently using the icecap build so on DK you go for crit haste, while trying to get a mix between severe and expedient.

Depending on what your are doing and your gear its either 4*Severe-4*Expedient-1*Striketrough, or 3-3-3.

But as with all classes in BFA, in the end simming it gives you the best idea what you wanna aim for.

Rotationwise the Frost DK is fairly simple compared with UH.
Main focus is on not overlapping Pillar to early or to late. Every obliterate and frost strike crit reduces the CD on icy pillar by 3 seconds. So you want to get it back up before the buff is over and then use it the last GCD so you refresh the buff you get from the Frostwyrm Whelp azerite trait and gain one more stack.

Alts:

Currently have 4 characters geard at 475+.

Balance druid - My current main
Dk - My main alt
WW Monk
Demo Lock

Professions:

Blacksmithing and mining - DK
Herbing and alchemy - Druid
Inscription and herbing - Warlock
Leatherworking and skinning - Monk

Raiding Experience:

First time i stepped inside raid was dragon souls Normal, tanked as prot palla

Start of MoP i played very on/off and did LFR mainly while leveling most classes. Came back during SoO and got into progress raiding for first time. Got to blackfuse H before my first guild decided to take a break until WoD. Before WoD i joined a CE progress guild and was looking to go into WoD with them. At this time i played mainly tanks, Prot palla and Blood DK

Due to studies i moved for a while to signapore and lost out on the progress raiding early WoD. When i came back i mannaged to break my elbow and was unable to play for quite some time. When i came back the guild was no longer there, and i did some casual pugging BRF where i met some members from my next guild. Going into HFC with them we cleard the bosses in a decent fashion, during our winter holiday, RL told us we where allowed to pug, but when a few off us got CE together with some members off the Endless guild on Kazzak there was some drama. Started WoD as DPS DK, but switched to WW going into HFC

Due to preforming well, most off us got recruited into Endless and we kept boosting HFC for the rest off the expansion. Sadly during the start of Legion the leadership off the guild wanted to push us from a top 500/600 guild to a top 100/200 guild. This ment a lot more time was needed, and combined with AP/legenedary grind at start of legion i just didnt have the time. Decided then and there to just go casual. Started legion as WW monk, but when i went casual my goal was to get Curve on most classes in the game.

Even so i still mannaged to get Curve for the raids in Legion, and around ToS i joined some friends that wanted to start progress raiding. We did fairly decent untill people started getting burnouts. got 7/9 M. Here i did raid as DPS DK.

Antorus again guild was struggeling a lot with people not showing up. Wasnt able to get a stable mythic rooster so i decided i was gonna take a break again.

End of Legion i got rly hyped for BFA, wanted to go into BFA with a guild that looked stable and progressing at a decent speed. I applied to you guys (As warlock, even tho i never had played warlock before). I somehow got trial, and i raided with you guys in the prepatch and very start of BFA. Sadly the state BFA launched ruined the game for me. As someone who likes to min/max, the fact azerite traits where broken and you couldnt reliably farm them. Just made me lose interest.

Luckely it seems like shadowlands is going away from this heavy grind system, and even tho the covenant system isnt perfect, at least the player choose it.

Previous Guilds:

Team XVI - Ragnaros - Fell appart after highmaul

Kamiwobo - Ragnaros - Guild drama, when a few off the main core team got CE during our winter holidays.

Endless - Kazzak - Time restrains

The Royal Army - Kazzak: Main rooster burnouts, a lot of canceled raids

Iron Edge - Kazzak: Sadly the start of BFA was really bad, as much as the raid was still somewhat fun, the rest off the game launched in a state that kinda sucked. I was quite sure this was the last time i would ever play wow

Totem Warriors - Kazzak: Friends raiding together, trying out some progress, but at a very casual tempo. Im still in this guild and pushing for CE, currently 11/12M. But since the guild is mainly friends and family the veiw on the game is also very casual, sometimes to much. Doing progress gave me the itch for some higher end progress again.

Availability:

I study full time, which means i have a somewhat fluid schedule, but i work part time every saturday 11:00-19:00. If i have exam the day after raid day, i tend to ask to sit out, but i usually still raid during the exam periods.

Communication:

I like to belive i speak fluent english. Every now and then my norwegian will show and i pronounce an english word a bit wierd. I do have TS3 installed, but from what i remember you guys raid with discord now anyway.

Yes i do have a microphone and i do use it.

Computer / Connection:

I7 3770k @ 4,4
Geforce 1070 Ti
16G Ram
1TB SSD

Very rarely lag (had some issues on hivemind early this tier, but dont think i was alone in this)
Stable connection usually around 20ms to kazzak,

Addons/UI:

ElvUI
Details
WA
Ert Raid tools

https://imgur.com/a/iY8t6t7

Other Games:

Apex
LoL
BDO

Why Iron Edge?

From experience, i know this guild has a nice athmosphere, while also beeing decently focused on progress raiding. The people in the guild was super friendly and nice to me. A group off people i can see myself playing with for the next few years.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I like to see myself as someone who learns fast. I never slack and always do my best. I preform very consistenly, and tend to only get better over time. I pride myself on the fact that i tend to be one of the people doing the least mistakes while also not minding doing mechanics. My focus is always mechanics > Dps, but slowly increasing the Dps while doing the mechnics correctly is one of the most enjoyable things in progress raiding.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

First time i found you guys on wowprogress. This time i remember theguild having the best athmosphere out off all the CE guilds ive been in. So hoping i could be a part off it again.

Last Words?

I know i dont have much CE experience for the last 2 expansions, i do hope tho, that im given a chance to show that even so, i still have the skills and mentallity to do so. Honestly, from playing casual playing almost every class and spec in the game, i feel like i gotten even better.

An example is my current main, i started playing druid for the first time in EP, mainly playing feral, but swapped over to balace as we had to many melee going into Nyalotha. I feel like my logs on the druid are a good example off how im able to adapt and not only a new class, but a new role (rDPS) fast and preform well above average.

Logs
M: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/us%c3%ackker
HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/us%c3%ackker#difficulty=4

Sadly my logs on my DK are not yet this good. Just geard up my dk this last month, so most of my logs are with subpar azerite and corruption. Right now my DK is very well geard, but been struggeling finding mythic pugs so i can get better mythic logs. Most pugs atm just do the first 2 or first 3, and hard to log that well when only half knows what to do.

September 08, 2020, 03:57:05 pm
Reply #1

Offline Fortvila

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Fortvíla
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »

September 14, 2020, 07:29:25 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Fortvíla
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:29:25 pm »
Hey Nikolai,
Thanks for applying again. I have left this a while to mull over so I do apologise for keeping you waiting. Based on our current roster size, we will be accepting only a few more at this stage, if any, for Shadowlands. Unfortunately with the minimal spots available, I am making the decision to decline the application as it stands.
You're welcome to join as a social with the potential of a trial should the opportunity arise, but there would be no guarrantee of that being the case. The offer is there. If not, I wish you the best of luck going into Shadowlands!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:46:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users