Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Cutiepatooti (XR)

October 01, 2020, 06:33:19 pm
Read 2135 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Cutiepatooti (XR)
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:33:19 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cutiepatooti
Server: Ragnaros
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/Cutiepatooti
Class/Spec: Death Knight (Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

David Hudson
North east England
Currently studying Biomedical sciences BSc

Class/Spec:

Blood has been the spec I've played since cataclysm when I actually started trying to get better at this game. Since then, I tend to keep a few tanks levelled up and readily available so I can switch if need be, although so far I haven't done any form of competitive raiding as anything other than DK/Monk and those are likely the tanks I'd be levelling at the start of SL. I'm quite far behind at the moment as I haven't really delved into anything other than heroic raiding in the current expansion and haven't been in a raiding guild since Legion, but I'm back and incredibly enthusiastic about the prospect of raiding again.

Maintain blood plague & at least 5 stacks of bone shield to enable ossuary, beyond that everything is pretty situational, managing runes/runic power to ensure I have the right tools at the right times.

str>vers>haste>crit>mast although this is subject to change with SL which I will be keeping up with as the expansion approaches.

Alts:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/Chocolate
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/Rawriesqtpi
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ragnaros/Rawries
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ravencrest/Algalon

Professions:

Engineering/Alchemy

As a blood DK the main quarrel i have with the spec is the severe lack of mobility, I've had a good few scenarios are engineering has been the difference between a kill and a wipe, the most memorable encounter where this occurred for me was during Thok in SoO during the chase phase as the last man standing, allowing the dots to finish him off while i rocket boots'd my way to victory.

Alchemy as it's simply a permanent good choice for raiding.

Raiding Experience:

So this is where things get a bit strange. I've raided top 100 during MoP and somewhere around top 400 in WoD/legion, the only evidence I have for this is the dates on my FoS, i've completed 9 Cutting edge achievements since MoP. I've always played a tank and i've always played Dk/monk when i've tanked, i've done the odd fight as DPS when needed but generally i've always tanked, never done an end boss as anything other than tanking.

Previous Guilds:

Insignificant - Disbanded

Availability:

Unsure of upcoming exams as of yet but other than that i'm available 100% of the day every day.

Communication:

I'd hope i'm proficient in English, i have a working headset/microphone and do indeed have ts3.

Computer / Connection:

GTX 1070 Max-q
16GB 2400Mhz DDR RAM
i7-8750H

Don't get any FPS issues and have 100mb down w/ virgin media (most reliable UK ISP as far as i'm aware) no connection issues. w

Addons/UI:

https://ibb.co/Y8SWG3S

Shift 1-5 are raid/target markers
Extra action button is on ` (grave)
delete/pgdn etc are my mouse buttons (corsair scimitar pro)

WA - For boss auras as well as class specific auras
Bigwigs - Boss/dungeon information
Simcraft - To sim my character
Elvui - easily customizable interface
And other less important addons

Other Games:

Rocket league is probably my main secondary game, I've amassed 2700 hours so far so not a scratch on the 30k+ hours I have on wow but I'm getting there. After that it's probably OSRS where I'm slowly  pushing my ironman, couldn't even begin to guess how many hours I have on Runescape but it's likely somewhere in the same zone as WoW to be honest. I have been known to play FPS games on occasion, played CSGO to LEM about 2 years ago and haven't touched it since, occasionally go for an Apex legends game but they're so infrequent that i wouldn't consider it a game I actively play.

Why Iron Edge?

I'd like to join iron edge as I'm looking at getting back in the same position I was in during cataclysm where I found a guild filled with amazing people who I became friends with for life while also pushing ourselves as far as we could possibly go in the World of Warcraft raiding scene, while still maintaining a somewhat relaxed attitude to raid frequency (e.g not 6 days a week)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a punctual and dedicated raid member who keeps up to date with their character and ensures they have the best possible setup for every fight, a player with a substantial amount of experience dedicated to playing a couple of classes. Though this application likely shows me as an incredibly serious person I can assure you that's not the case, I know when it's ok to have a laugh and when it's not, I'm generally pretty relaxed.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress

Last Words?

I understand my current experience isn't present and for that I'd be completely understanding of my application being instantly declined, but I appreciate you taking the time to read it regardless.

October 02, 2020, 09:58:57 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Cutiepatooti (XR)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:58:57 pm »
Hey David,
Thanks for applying. I'll use the weekend to go over your application a bit further. As with most Tank applicants, I'd like to arrange to have a chat at some point aswell.
If we could find a time this weekend to chat, that would be great. You can find me on our guild discord as "Creepy Sam" (Shimmar/Sam#0032) or on Bnet: Shimmar#2988.
Hope to hear back soon!

- Shimmar

October 03, 2020, 12:33:01 am
Reply #2

Offline Cutiepatooti

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 12:33:01 am »
Thanks for getting back to me, i'll contact you on Discord so we can arrange a suitable time for us to have a chat.

October 03, 2020, 09:00:07 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:00:07 pm »
Hi David,
Thanks for speaking with me today. We'll be happy to accept you for a trial in Shadowlands
You can poke an officer when you get a chance for a guild invite.
Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 0 Users