Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Xdlmfaoswag

October 19, 2020, 12:43:20 am
Read 2353 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Xdlmfaoswag
« on: October 19, 2020, 12:43:20 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Xdlmfaoswag
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Xdlmfaoswag
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Bram, I'm 22, live in the Netherlands and am finishing my studies and meming about for T-Mobile on their Social Media.

Class/Spec:

I'd prefer to DPS, as that's where I have experience raiding, although I did off-tank a bit throughout Legion. I have no gear as I haven't played BFA since halfway through Uldir, when I quit for IRL commitments.

Well due to Shadowlands releasing this is mainly subject to change for now, but Arms isn't set for big changes. The mastery remains the same, there's just Avatar coming off GCD which is nice.

Alts:

I have most classes between 45 and 50, although I haven't actively played many of them recently.

Professions:

Usually Engineering/Blacksmithing for the Engineering things. Blacksmithing for craftables.

Raiding Experience:

I used to DPS in Endless, which was a top 250 guild on Kazzak, I raided there for Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus. I got several rank 1 dps logs on my class back then, although who truly cares.

Previous Guilds:

Endless was a great guild and I had a great time in there. We raided 3 days a week, 9 hours a week total and it was a great. Our raid leader was the mad scientist type - super smart guy, would make all the strats himself (didn't just look at FatBoss etc.) and lead us through the content. But unfortunately he was pretty rude sometimes, which lead to a big falling apart in BFA, although I left before that - planning to come back later - due to IRL commitments. I raided casually in a friend's guild and killed Zek'Voz mythic, but quit after that too.

Availability:

Nothing big comes to mind. I'm finishing school and I work on the weekends during the days. Besides that my schedule is flexible.

Communication:

I'm from the Netherlands, but my English is as good as my Dutch is. I actually prefer TS3 over Discord, cuz it still has channel-bound chat, which is nice. I'm a person who speaks more than average during raid, but I know when not to. I enjoy having a chat and a good time when possible.

Computer / Connection:

5 ms to Kazzak, RTX2070, 4670k, everything fine for wow, never DC.

Addons/UI:

https://i.imgur.com/cZZGYW7.jpg
I have a minimalistic UI usually, I just use bartender to move my stuff and that's about it. I'm missing a few things due to addons not working cuz of pre-patch, but nothing important.

For raids well Exorsus raid tools, mainly for notes and raid cooldowns.
DBM or another raid addon that the guild I play in uses.
Any weakauras relevant to the fight or my class at that moment in time.
Simcraft to sim if something's an upgrade or not.

Off the top of my head that's most of it, but any other addons I probably know.

Other Games:

I used to play a lot of shooters, like CS:GO and Rust. Nowadays I play Old School Runescape mainly, some Dota 2, I like to solve a sudoku here and there and I play poker semi-professionally.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a 2-day raiding guild specifically that is looking to progress at a decent pace, but in combination with having a good time which is important to me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Well, if you're looking for a Warrior DPS/offspec tank for Shadowlands, who's going to go hard from the start to get the best possible gear then that's what I have to offer raid-wise. Besides that I'm a fun guy, I like to do stuff with guildies, help people out, do mythic+ and just have a good time with people while doing my best to help progression go smooth.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress. I have only been back to wow for a week or two now and it seems that people still use it(?) although I have seen a lot about raider.io too, so maybe I'm just being a boomer.

Last Words?

Yeah, I'd love to have a chat and answer any possible questions. I'm competent enough to contribute to raids in the coming expansion, I just have no experience in BFA. It's up to you guys if you blindly trust my competence D: <3 Either way your decision goes, would appreciate a response!

October 22, 2020, 04:10:33 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Xdlmfaoswag
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 04:10:33 pm »
Hi Bram,
Unfortunately we won't be able to take you on for Shadowlands, but thanks for showing an interest in Iron Edge. If you're still playing further into the expansion then by all means check in again to see if there's a place for you. Best of luck to you!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:44:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 1 User
kodin