Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Oggles (XR)

October 28, 2020, 11:16:48 pm
Read 2202 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Oggles (XR)
« on: October 28, 2020, 11:16:48 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Oggles
Server: Draenor
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Draenor/Oggles
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

The names John, im 32, definately not ginger and from the cockney side of London. Dont work currently as ive been signed off for the forseeable future and dont see that changing anytime soon.
Not much else to really say about myself, im about as interesting as soggy bread if im honest.

Class/Spec:

Been playing Havoc since BoD and I'm looking to stick with it going into Shadowlands if possible. Mainly in it for the double jump but the fact that havocs toolkit is a bit absurd helps too. Have tanked on the odd occasion, mainly to help out friends with the odd key or when one of the MTs wasnt around but I wouldnt say I'm massively comfortable playing it but sure that can change with a bit of effort.
Not sure how relevant gear level is going into SLs but for the sake of it both specs are sitting around 132-134 depending on ST or AoE.
Other than DH I started the expansion as a Warlock and although I adore the class the fact that for a long time wasnt considered "meta" for keys n such I found myself playing less and less of it.

Hmm how to show you that I understand a class that is currently like 4 buttons, ah wait jump into glide is faster than double jumping!! Pre-patch playstyle is all about Unbound chaos dmg and everything from spec to rotation to azerite is there to increase the frequency of immo aura casts and thus UBC. Basically spam Anni's to proc souls, eating souls means more eyebeams and more eyebeams mean more immo aura casts via the haste proc from furious gaze, very fun very engaging *rolleyes* but thankfully SLs adds to the playstyle.
Stat wise prepatch changed nothing really its still very much vers and crit as we get all our haste from azerite and new stat DR makes gearing haste a waste.

Alts:

As mentioned before I have an "ok" geared warlock as well as a warrior and a mage at max level

Professions:

Currently rocking Alch/Herb as I was farming and making cauldrens for my previous guild but honestly it allowed me to be pretty self sufficient, along with cooking and fishing, as far as consumables and that was the main draw. Also find mindlessly farming herbs kinda theraputic.

Raiding Experience:

Caught the raiding bug in TBC, did pretty much everything up until Dragonsoul in Cata. After that RL got in the way a tad and I found myself taking a big step back from the raiding scene from MoP through Legion outside of the odd social raid with friends and their guilds.
Came back with more time on my hands for BFA and started to get back into the swing of things as the expansion progressed. 2/8M Uldir, 4/9M BoD, 5/8M EP and 12/12M Nya.
As far as roles go, Ive always been a dps player and outside of a few niche cases (went disc for LK Hc, was 3rd tank for Vex etc) its all ive done.

Previous Guilds:

Oof thats asking this old brain a lot. Names from way back aren't going to be 100% sry.
Started out in Legio Sanctus on Dragonmaw back in the day (TBC-Cata) where I was an officer for a good few years before the guild fell apart as people moved on. Moved to Continuum on Dragonmaw (Cata) with a bunch of previous guildies. After that I drifted a bit, did a stint on Sylvanas with a guild that I cant remember the name of (late Cata) and on Auchindoun with Dominium iirc (MoP). Flew solo between MoP and BFA when I moved to Draenor and joined Ænigma with a couple of friends to try and get back into the game.
Ænigma was purely a social guild and as soon as I caught the raid bug I moved to The Many Few who were starting in Mythic Uldir at the time. Progressed steadily with TMF, was made a council member (officer) mid BoD and eventually found myself raid leading at the end of EP as we looked towards Nyalotha. Really proud of helping push the guild to CE in Nyalotha but raid leading was starting to suck the fun out of raiding. That along with a couple of other officers and key members moving on to pastures new, after thinking a lot about it I decided to do the same.

Availability:

As I mentioned earlier I dont work atm and so have more free time on my hands than I know what to do with. I dont see the whole work thing changing anytime soon and if it did I cant see it mixing with raid times.

Communication:

TS3, oof not used that for a while but yeah although some people will say otherwise I speak english and typically once I get to know peoples voices and names im more than comfortable holding my own on comms, used to lead and help out with the majoirty of social raids and events in The Many Few.

Computer / Connection:

I would hope its decent it certainly cost enough. Off the top of my head i7 with a 2080 and some pretty lights.
Net connection is fiber through Virgin Media so take that how you will but cant say its ever caused me any issues thus far and is generally rock solid

Addons/UI:

Think my UI is pretty typical for raiding in gerneral nowdays.
Use Elvui to cover most of the bases as its just soo much easier than dealing with 20 different addons.
Other than that Use both Angry Assignments and ERT for raid notes and marking.
Weakauras for tracking CDs n the like
Plater for nameplates
Bigwigs/DBM for boss timers
Details for numbers
and a few other QoL things like MDT, simcraft and handynotes

https://imgur.com/a/O5V51zF

Other Games:

Dabble in a bit of PoE, ashamed to say I play way to much Solitaire and Mahjong but thats about it really

Why Iron Edge?

As you can see I'm not the sort of person that chops and changes guilds on a whim so in all honestly i'm looking for a guild thats stable, active, is social and lets me scratch the raiding itch that I can settle into for the forseeable future. From everything I can see you guys tick every box.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Commitment and consistancy hopefully. I like to think Im a solid yet versatile player, however I would be the first to admit raid leading has certainly led to a drop in my own performance which I want to put right. As a person I dont tend to shy away from comms and think I have a decent sense of humour, little dry witted perhaps but other than being an old, definately not ginger, cockney I dont think I do too bad.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Was just browsing Wowprogress and like what I saw

Last Words?

Not much more I can say really other than Cheers for your time and that you can get hold of me on Oggles#2647 (Bnet) and Oggles#4870 (Discord) should you need to

November 01, 2020, 01:45:07 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Oggles (XR)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 01:45:07 pm »
Hi John,
Thanks for applying. As it stands, we won't be able to offer you a spot for the main raid. You put in a decent application so if you want to reapply further down the line when there may be a position for you, you're more than welcome to do so. For now, we wish you the best of luck on your search!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:53:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users