Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Viggslock

November 04, 2020, 08:35:01 pm
Read 1686 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Viggslock
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:35:01 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Viggslock
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Viggslock
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Viggers
UK
Work full time

Class/Spec:

I'm a pure dps, so I have a duty to play whatever spec is best for the encounter! I'll generally gear the best spec for the current raid first, whilst trying to maintain a gearset for both offspecs where possible.

in 8.3, all three warlock specs primarily wanted ilvl due to secondaries generally being very close together. Stacked expedient, but not necessarily haste on gear. Expedient had great synergy with large haste maintenance buffs (Flashpoint, Cascading Calamity, and Explosive Potential for Destro, Aff and Demo respectively)
In pre-patch, secondaries have significantly reduced in value so intellect is now much stronger, meaning intellect gems but ilvl still being king. For Aff (which is strongest all-round spec in pre-patch), HoD is stronger than Cascading Calamity now - in fact all three haste procs lost a lot of value due to the increased diminishing returns on secondaries, although flashpoint is still very strong. Hopefully this gets my point across before I go into any more detail on all the specs...

Alts:

moved to horde ~2weeks ago, so have levelled DK and DH but both have garbage gear and unsure on which my "main alt" will be - working on levelling others still

Professions:

nothing particularly cool, currently tailoring and alchemy on warlock - tailoring for the 8.3 BoP gear and alchemy for the flasks/pot procs and increased flask duration (I am not a rich guy :p)

Raiding Experience:

Started raiding in WotLK, ICC. Cleared on 10N, maybe 25N too memory is a bit foggy. Cata/MoP raided at a 'clear 50% of the raid on HC' level then took a break until Battle of Dazaralor when I joined Fury - Silvermoon [A]
BoD, raided very casually with the B-team, cleared HC and left it at that. EP, joined the A-team for EP and cleared 4/8M before the guild took a break. 8.3 Fury cleared 4/12M and then took another break from April. In July I joined Silence - Silvermoon [A] who had newly re-formed and were progressing Ra-den to try and push myself to CE. I attended every raid as the guild cleared through carapace and put 200+pulls into N'zoth. I missed CE due to being on holiday the raid they actually got the kill however, but raiding at a much higher level than previously lead to a huge improvement in my play and I got the taste for it, now wanting to get CE every tier

Previous Guilds:

Silence moved from Silvermoon [A] to Kazzak [H] with 9.0. I followed and then they changed from 2-day/week, to 3-days with a fourth day for the first month of the tier. I can't commit to that, so am looking for a new 2-day guild

Availability:

I can raid any 2 days/week on any of Mon-Thurs, and am willing to add a third day for a few weeks at the start of the tier if needed. I work full time and am home and ready to raid from ~6:30pm UK time.

Communication:

English born, don't have teamspeak but can install it if needed. I do have a mic and can use it

Computer / Connection:

PC is far better than needed for WoW, fibre connection generally ping <20ms. lag/disconnection not an issue

Addons/UI:

WA for rotational procs/cds, as well as warnings for raid events and ERT for raid notes would be the main raiding addons, plus details!, bartender for keybindings and many others. Bigwigs for times, although IO disable most timers except ones that I know I need to react too (I don't need a timer to know that paranoia is gonna hit immediatley after killing the first wave of bashers for example)

Other Games:

Very little else whilst WoW is engaging, when WoW gets boring I'll play some other games but nothing with any regularity. Have enjoyed Among Us recently with guildies though :)

Why Iron Edge?

I first clicked on you simply because you are the highest ranked 2-day guild on Kazzak that raids on days that fit my schedule. Decided to apply because of the forum post I saw - "Iron Edge vision going into SL" which fits my feelings about the game well

What can I offer Iron Edge?

close to perfect attendance, friendly, willingness to learn, no padding, strong knowledge of all Warlock specs, helpful to any warlocks that may need it with class mechanics, and helpful to anyone who needs anything else!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

If this is too detailed, sorry. If this is not detailed enough, hit me up and I'll happily answer any questions! Battlenet = Viggs#2171

November 04, 2020, 08:44:14 pm
Reply #1

Offline Viggers

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Viggslock
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:44:14 pm »
Forgot UI screenshot.... don't have one to hand from in-combat, but here's a video of us doing a re-clear with a bunch of trials last night.
https://youtu.be/ir-6Nxk3Dcc?t=1

as for keybinds, mostly 1-5, Corsair 12-button mouse, alt-modifiers. use shit + key to cast at my focus target

November 07, 2020, 10:20:53 am
Reply #2

Online Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 10:20:53 am »
Hiyo Viggslock,

I like your application, however our ranged roster is currently too full for me to bring on any new members. I would note that once we are in Shadowlands and started raiding things could change so it would be worth checking in with us again at that point. I wish you the best of luck in searching for a fitting raiding guild!  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

November 07, 2020, 05:48:17 pm
Reply #3

Offline Viggers

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 05:48:17 pm »
Thanks for the response. GL in SL :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:09:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length