Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Trandiel

November 19, 2020, 02:52:57 am
Read 2085 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Trandiel
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:52:57 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Trandiel
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Trandiel
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Yo! My name is Alexander Eie, 28 years young and live in Norway! I grew up in Stavanger with Glacio and have basically known him my whole life and he is the one who introduced me to Iron Edge!
Currently live near Oslo and finished my second year bachelor in acting. Right now I'm taking a year off to think about what I want to do going forward. I'm investing a lot of time in Streaming on twitch and having a blast doing it at the moment!

Class/Spec:

Holy Priest has been my main since Legion and I'm still thinking of going Holy even though Disc is looking very strong at the moment. I want to play a lot of Shadow too, but I'm still waiting to see how the Covenant system is going to be for off-spec switching. It looks tedious. So whatever healing spec is using the same covenant as shadow is probably the one I'm going for.

Unlike Disc where most of your healing comes from planning forward and ramping up with attonement, holy priest is the exact opposite. Holy is a very strong cooldown based healer with a playstyle based around cooldown management and aoe-healing.

The number one priority is always keeping Prayer of Mending on cooldown and I have a very annoying weakaura to tell me if I'm not doing it :) The second priority is to keeping your holy words on cooldown so you always get max value and push the cooldown down. For raiding this is going to be even more important with getting a second cast of Holy Word: Salvation. Other than that, it's a pretty versatile healer where it's basically able lto adapt to most situations. Strong spot healing, very good aoe healing and some utility. Holy's main weakness is the lack of strong mobility and defensive cds. Feather is nice, but holy really needs to plant their feet and stay put for their healing to really shine. With a very mobile encounter, holy will struggle. So the number one priority for Holy Priest when it comes to raiding is having a very good understanding of mechanics so you can plan ahead and get the most value out of your casts and holy words. Prayer of Mending now being an instant cast is going to help a lot, though! In encounters where you have breathing room or damage slows down, you should always be filling with Heal between PoM, either on DPS taking small chunks of damage or tanks to refresh Echo of Light and in general just be mana efficient.

Other than that, Circle of Healing and Symbol of Hope has become baseline. Circle is just another nice heal, but Symbol of Hope is going to give a nice utility boost to other healers and mana-based specs.

Another thing is that the Legendary back from Legion is returning to Shadowlands, so that is a very valuable tool for progression raiding in the form mass res. The back will also provide a very strong personal cd where mobility and defensive cds are most needed. Also, altough not optimal it can also be useful for soaking mechanics.

Stat Priority for raiding will always be item level and Intellect, followed by mastery. Echo of Light will in most raiding encounters from Heroic and up be your top heal, unless anything changes drastically in Shadowlands. For third and fourth, both Crit and Haste have close to equal value. You are a very cast heavy spec, so haste is always very nice, but Crit will also make your heals like Serenity, Sanctify explode even more. All the hots will also be affected by crits.

For M+, Thorgast etc the Stat Priority will always be Haste/Crit over anything.

I might be forgetting something, but Holy is very straight forward where the only real challenge comes in the form of cooldown juggling and really understanding mechanics to plant your feet and cast.

Alts:

I will be playing a lot of Shadow as well and plan to keep it competitive.

I will also be playing a Warrior and a Demon Hunter. The warrior is looking like it's going to be Fury and the Demon Hunter is basically for M+ tanking.

I'm not sure how relevant and competitive I plan on keeping the alts, that all depends on how alt-friendly all of the Shadowland systems really are.

I will focus on my Priest and as soon as I have relevant and competitive systems and gear up to date, I will do the same with my other two characters.

Professions:

Since this is an expansion I'm moving from Alliance to Horde, I don't really have anything going in terms of professions yet. I know Shadowlands is revamping and changing professions a lot so I'm still considering what will work best!

Raiding Experience:

I played with a Semi-Casual Norwegian Mythic Raiding Guild in Legion, where we cleared everything up until Elisande in Nighthold. There was some internal drama in the guild and it basically fell apart before we completed the raid. Some people took the game more seriously than others and there was always arguments, so I left the guild and it pretty much soured end-game content for me. I considered for a long time looking for a more serious guild, but never got around to it. I quit not long after Tomb of Sargeras released. In BFA, I quit extremely early because I just hated the tedious systems and gameplay loop.

My role in raids have always been Holy Priest, but I did play shadow on some encounters in Legion because I loved Surrender to Madness. >:)

Previous Guilds:

Oh, yea. Basically what I wrote above. The Guild is still active, but I wanted to have fun with the game and min/max without drama. I left in search for a more competitive guild, but never really got around to it and quit the game. Now going in to Shadowlands I want to make the effort of changing that!

Availability:

For the rest of this year, just say the word and I'll be there.
I'm still considering what I'll be doing next year, if I'm finished my bachelor or just jumping straight to work, but yea. This year, I'll be gaming :)

Communication:

Yes, sir! No problem there! I have always used Discord and never really dabbled in Teamspeak, but that is no issue.

Computer / Connection:

I have a 2080 Super and an i9-9900k and 500mb Internet.

All good!

Addons/UI:

Elvui is my main choice for healer raid frames. It's what I'm used to and it works for me.
Weakauras
Exorsus Raid Tools
DBM
GTFO

I think most of my key bindings will be shown in the screenshot, but I use a lot of binds!

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/vg0df5h

Added my other specs/character too because why not, but my UI is still kinda work in progress before Shadowlands. Still a couple of weakauras I need to add, but here you at least have a basic look of it.

Other Games:

I play a lot of games! (I'm a big nerd) :)

My favourite genres are RPG/JRPG, RogueLike, action adventure etc.

I play a lot of Nintendo games too!

Currently extremely excited about Cyberpunk and Elden Ring (If they ever release, that is) >:(

Why Iron Edge?

I have wanted to write an application ever since Legion because I know Glacio, Chissagi and Valkyrie!
Rash also at some point helped me with computer issues because Glacio bullied him into doing it :)
Problem is, I have been on the Alliance side since Vanilla. I want to push content and really experience all the end-game in wow, but I want the right guild to do it with! Now that I'm finally switching factions over to Horde, I think it's about time I do it. I'm excited about pushing content and playing the game on a competitive level, but at the same time I'm happy the guild considers itself "casual". I wouldn't want to raid every single day and having to stay up to date with 7different characters. I want to play the game on a high level, but I also want to have fun. That's why I play this game in the first place. And Iron Edge seems perfect!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Well, I'm a very positive person in general, have a lot of patience and like to work as a team! I think that translates well into a raiding scenario. I also plan to play a lot and so I look forward to experiencing this expansion, not only for raiding, but as a whole with a new guild!

I can also offer degeneracy :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Well, I actually heard about the guild all the way back in Vanilla or TBC. I don't actually remember when, but I remember seeing it on the old Tales of the Past machinima!

But Glacio is the one who mentioned the guild to me.

Last Words?

I'm really excited about playing wow again! I quit early in BFA and had no interest in that expansion! Looking at all the new systems and how it is being implemented in Shadowlands, I am staying hopeful and optimistic!
It can't be worse than BFA anyway :D

I just hope the balance of covenant spec-switching, alt-friendlieness and gameplay loop stays rewarding, relevant and engaging!

Other than that, I am looking forward to playing Horde for the first time going into a new expansion! I'm probably going to run into alliance zones and kill myself a lot in the beginning :)

November 19, 2020, 12:26:42 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Trandiel
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 12:26:42 pm »
Hi Alex,

I had to ask around a bit because I was wondering if you really were the person I thought you were, since you're so intimately familiar with the guild and some of its members. So I was surprised to see an application show up here without any prior knowledge on my part.

Have you given it any thought about how this would functionally work? You must be aware of our lack of rules in regards to speech and language and how that can pose a serious risk to your stream. I was told you would have the stream muted from the discord communications. Do you think you can communicate with your stream and the raid at the same time?

On top of all that it would be quite difficult for us to fit you into our roster with its current size, so I would really like some reassurance from you on these issues.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 19, 2020, 12:27:37 pm
Reply #2

Offline Glacio

• Guild Member

• I'm a model

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 12:27:37 pm »
This is one of my best buds IRL that i grew up with. Hes a great priest and a pretty cool dude. +1
"But she was fat, so she probably doesn't have any diseases"

November 19, 2020, 10:45:18 pm
Reply #3

Offline Snadder

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 10:45:18 pm »
Hello again!

So, Glacio have basically asked me to go Horde for many years now! I always said no because I'm just so used to Alliance and It's been my main and only faction since vanilla! But I said if I ever did switch, I would apply to Iron Edge!

Now with the expansion launch only a few days away, I realize that I might be a little late to the party with a guild application! But I thought I would put some real effort in and give it a try anyway! :)

And when it comes to Shadowlands, I'm going in to the expansion first and mainly as a player and not as a streamer. If I wanted to actually continue and push my stream forward, my main choice of game would not be wow ;D So when it comes to raiding, if I my application actually was to be accepted I would probably not even stream my first raids and just focus on my trial period. Maybe I would stream raids later on, but I would in that case just mute Discord. And when it comes to chat interaction and raiding, when a raid encounter and important information is happening I would keep all of my focus on the raid. Because that's what I want to do and that's why I am applying!

Basically, most of my viewers comes from other games and most of them have no interest in wow. So I don't think there will be too many chat interactions to keep me distracted during raids anyway!  ;D

I think that mostly covers it, but let me know if I missed anything or you have more questions!

November 20, 2020, 02:45:45 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »
Alright, we'll give it a shot. You can poke me or another officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 21, 2020, 12:33:10 am
Reply #5

Offline Snadder

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 12:33:10 am »
That is great news! :D

Thank you and I look forward to playing Shadowlands with you guys!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:05:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 2 Users
Cnackaa, Vejeta