Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Joneskibeast (XR)

December 05, 2020, 10:43:12 am
Read 2559 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Joneskibeast
Server: Tarren Mill
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Tarren%20Mill/Joneskibeast
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hi, my real name is Jonas and I'm 31 years old. I've been playing WoW on and off since late 2010. Before that I played CS at a competitive level. I've worked in system & network engineer roles since 2012 for the same employer. Quit my job at the end of 2017 and started up a company with two co-owners. That business has been running for 3 years now and is doing really well. Employed a couple of people over the last few years, so there is definitely enough time to still play games as well :-) With my business of course comes some responsibility, and is why I can't raid 3-4 days a week anymore. However, I still really have that itch, which is why I'm looking for a stable guild with a weekend team like Iron Edge. Outside of the raid night I also have enough time to keep up with my character and get my weekly activities done. Other than that I'm also around a lot in the weekends.

Class/Spec:

I started off Shadowlands with the intention to play disc priest. I've played multiple classes and specs over the years, but priest has always been my main. Played all specs extensively, but haven't played disc in a raid environment since early Legion. I'm flexible in terms of what spec to play if I get the chance to join. Also open to play another class if it's mutually beneficial.

The way disc priests have worked since Legion will always make it that they like a heavy amount of haste and crit. Which works out well, because the same applies for shadow. Also, heavy haste builds are always the most fun :-)

In terms of priority lists. Not really that much to say. In raids disc relies heavy on atonement uptime and knowing when damage is coming in to set up cooldowns correctly. Very nice to see spirit shell is back now as well, which is going to be very strong and which puts disc at the #1 healer right now.

Alts:

I haven't gotten an alt up for Shadowlands just yet. But seeing how easy getting a character up and running is right now, I definitely will be. Most recent experience on alts are on DH (both specs) and prot warrior. However, I've played other casters extensively a couple of years back. My experience in BFA comes mostly from playing M+ in pugs. I've not been Mythic raiding for a while.

Professions:

Currently I'm going with alchemy and engineering. Professions I've always liked in the past. If it turns out that other professions have something really useful, I'm always open to changing that. The longer flasks however work out well, especially when you're playing M+ and are in between multiple dungeons. Also, perhaps the alchemy trinkets at some point, especially early on. Engineering on the other hand, always has some neat tools as well.

Raiding Experience:

In raid environments I've been in most roles over the last few years. Mostly played casters, switching back and forth between healing and DPS. Used to be a raid leader, but that's over 4 years ago now. Was also frequently in an officer role before, although I'm no longer interested in that responsibility.

Previous Guilds:

Hawks Reborn - first guild I really started raiding. Wanted more progress and had different visions on how to achieve that. Which is why I started Hyperia with a couple of like minded people.

Hyperia (first version) - first guild where I was an officer and raid leader. This guild started when MoP launched. Had some really good times there. Eventually fell apart because people had interests outside of WoW and recruitment was hard at the time.

Carnage Inc - raided here at the end of MoP, as a healer without any officer resposibilities. Was overall not the worst experience. But there was a lot of drama in the guild because the GM and her husband always stirred up drama, and let the guild down in a lot of areas.

VI - joined this guild because a friend from Carnage Inc knew a bunch of people there. Was in here for quite a while and was quite quickly promoted to be an officer. Had some really good times here and achieved a decent amount of Mythic progress in every tier. Eventually stopped playing here and took a break, because WoD wasn't as fun as we hoped it would be.

Hyperia (second version) - tried starting this up again in Legion. We gathered a bunch of friends from guilds we were in before. We were raiding very little hours and managed to achieve a reasonable amount of Mythic progress. Eventually fell apart because people lost interest in WoW and recruitment was hard seeing as how little hours we raided.

Availability:

Not so much during the week. Although more than enough to get the activities done on my character which are needed to stay on par. Usually around a lot during the weekend. Pretty much can promise 99% attendance during sunday night raids.

Communication:

English is not my main language, but I would say I'm quite proficient in it. Can use whatever VoIP tool is needed, whether that be TS, discord or anything else. I communicate well in situations where it's important. And also like to add to some banter and just generally have a good time.

Computer / Connection:

Computer and internet are very stable :-)

Addons/UI:

I always have a very clean UI, which also changes automatically when I switch specs. Of course I always use the required addons such as BigWigs, Weakauras, Exorsus raid tools, etc. Basically, whatever you want me to use for whatever reason, I'll use.

Other Games:

None right now. Played a lot of CS (mostly 1.6) in the past. Also some other games casually with some friends, but nothing regular.

Why Iron Edge?

My friend Nicky (Notnicky) is currently in your guild as a trial. However, I do intend to have my trial as an individual, not as a package deal. Everything I read about your weekend team sounds like it suits me really well.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A stable teamplayer with high attendance, who is always reliable when it comes to performance. I will make mistakes like everyone else of course, but from past experience I can say that I rarely make the  same mistake twice. I believe I'm a friendly and chill person to be around. Always appreciate some banter, but I do know when it's time to focus up and stop messing around.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Notnicky

Last Words?

Notnicky is an idiot.
I've known her since 2011, so you can take my word for it :-)

December 06, 2020, 12:32:32 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Joneskibeast (XR)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:32:32 am »
Hello Jonas,

Unfortunately i cannot offer you more than a social spot at the moment, since we have 30 members in our team and ~5 more waiting in queue.
As soon as a spot opens, i can easily move your position up in this queue.

Would that be ok with you?
Ba dun tss!

December 06, 2020, 09:45:58 am
Reply #2

Offline illmatic

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 09:45:58 am »
Hi Xorm,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. For now I'll continue my search for a guild with suitable hours, as I do want to start raiding on release. However, I'm still very much interested in joining, so if the situation changes I'd be happy to hear back.

Thank you

December 06, 2020, 11:26:32 am
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 11:26:32 am »
That's understandable.

If we'll have some spots available, i'll ask your friend to poke you :)
Good luck in your search!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users