Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Bearback (XR)

December 17, 2020, 03:01:50 am
Read 2356 times

Applicant

Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Bearback (XR)
« on: December 17, 2020, 03:01:50 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Bearback
Server: Agamaggan
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Agamaggan/Bearback
Class/Spec: Druid (Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

34 / M / Manchester, UK.

I'm a lawyer, I practice Corporate Law, and dream of the day when I can retire again and go back to my college days of playing video games all day.

I also have 2 kids (6 and 4) and the associated joys/challenges they bring.

Class/Spec:

I've played a Guardian Druid since 2007 TBC when a friend first introduced me to the game.

I've always enjoyed playing a tank, and have basically tried to always come back to the 'ole nostalic class every time I've come back to game. (Raided to HC in WOTLK, long break till Legion when I raided Mythic for a bit, then casual since in BFA and now SL).

I've played every tank class in the game, but the big bear is my favourite. Plus my name is a sick pun so there's that.

Alts:

I really enjoy playing my Outlaw. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Agamaggan/Shadowblade

I also have an 50 Monk on Kazzak (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Krossfit) who I played a bit in BFA since Monk meta and all that.

Professions:

Umm I have a few, nothing particularly noteworthy though. I generally try to be as self sufficient as possible so inevitably end up having own tailor/enchanter, own herb/alch, own LW/skinner, etc.

I bothered to grind and unlock Jeeves on my Outlaw Engi last year if that can be called an achievement...

Raiding/PVP Experience:

TBC - I raided alliance side with Closed Circle - we were Server 2 Illidan. I stuck around a bit for Sunwell but dropped out of the team as I was traveling after Uni for the summer then (c. 2007/2008).  Also learned to be a backup raid leader.

WOTLK - I raided with Havoc on Agamaggan Horde. I eventually became main raidleader and guild leader. We raided till HC ICC, I stopped halfway through since I was starting my professional life then (c. 2010).

Legion - I raided with a couple of guilds (embarrassed to say I forgot the name but it was a successor of the original guild I joined) - good bunch of guys, but the team eventually broke up.

We managed like Mythic EN and HC Nighthold before I stopped playing again due to RL commitments with work.  I again assisted with raidleading and was known in guild for telling quite possibly the most painful dad joke in history to our trial members (I think it's a delightful joke but the groans would disagree).

Since then I've been mostly casual, not really looked for a new guild since.

Previous Guilds:

Closed Circle - Alliance Scarshield Legion - I stopped playing over the summer and consequently the guild broke up due to some guild leader drama - I stayed in touch with a few of the folks but largely we all went our own ways.

Havoc - Agamaggan - Guild folded a short while after I stopped playing, some of the members folded into a bigger guild at the time. There were limited ways to keep in touch back then and other than being friends with a few of the team on Facebook and from RL meets, we all largely went our own ways.

Legion guild whose name I have shamefully forgotten - Again, the team just grew apart. A few stopped playing, a couple had kids. Some of us are still in touch, did an M+ with the old guild leader the other day, but his 2yo takes up most of his time and attention now.

Availability:

I work fulltime 9-5:30 weekdays, officially.
Unofficially, given the nature of the profession, it's usually 9-9 6-7 days a week. I've been working from home a lot more nowadays (almost everyone has) so it's opened up a lot more time for casual gaming.

I tend to be on till 1am-ish most week nights, possibly later on weekend, and usually can play from 20:00 - 21:00 most nights (or earlier if I've been a good boy and get a gold star from the missus...).

My kids will always take priority though, so while I'm happy to do stuff when around and be a filler, I don't have greater aspiration or a desire to fill someone elses seat on a team. Just happy to help when around, and happy to do shorter content like M+ which I really want to push this time around.

Communication:

Yes to all of the above.

Computer / Connection:

Fairly decent system; I play at 100fps steady, ping stable around 30-40ms.

I've been fine playing in Kazzak on my alt there. I rarely disconnect (except the once in a blue moon when Virgin Media decide to do some kind of unscheduled work...)

Addons/UI:

Raiding ones:

WA - class specific WA, and encounter specific ones too. Helpful for certain M+ mechanics as well.  Plus there's a great little kick tracker aura that's great for lining up kicks I like to use.

DBM / LittleWigs. I currently have both installed. I've not decided which one I prefer more this expansion, both served me well in the past. Obvious reason to install for boss mechanic timers.

GTFO - it's an alarm that tell (loudly) tells me to get out of painful shit. Not necessary per se but can save time if I'm looking at another detail on screen and get the audio cue warning sufficiently early.

Details - useful for tracking various things - more relevant when things are problematic you can break down specific actions and track and adapt the team to the engagement. The death recap is also useful for tracking death cause.

I also have Raider.IO's Mythic and Raid Progress addon and used MDT for route planning, but haven't put much use to them yet.

I have a few other personal utility things, my UI is running on S&L with ElvUI base at the moment; recently deleted my WTF when moving the game to an M.2 so I'm still tweaking.

UI on my Guardian - default: https://imgur.com/a/uLyGzv2

UI in combat: https://imgur.com/a/xW6VEwt

Other Games:

EVE Online

Path of Exile

Various other 1p games

Why Iron Edge?

Honestly I was looking for social guilds to join and ended up looking for WoW guilds in and around Manchester, UK.

IE popped up, I checked the site out and liked what I saw. Plus I miss the old era of forum applications which Discord seems to have largely replaced.

Also your guild name is pretty decent. It's all about good names or great puns for me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Good banter - fairly high brow.

Decent player, experience in the game, I know my class, I know where to find resources and help when I don't know something.

An extra knowledgeable player who is happy to be slotted in. I tend to avoid ego tripping whenever possible (it's a game, we're playing for fun, there's plenty of power tripping in my professional life etc), so I wouldn't be stepping on toes or insubordinate, etc, and will generally try to help however I can within the reasonable confines of my availability.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Literally Google.

Last Words?

I'm too young to die?

December 17, 2020, 03:13:04 am
Reply #1

Offline Zeroniss

• Vendor Trash

Re: Social Application - Druid (Tank) - Bearback (XR)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 03:13:04 am »
This is my app btw but the account doesn't seem to have linked up - I'll respond to questions regardless.

December 23, 2020, 01:24:00 pm
Reply #2

Offline Zeroniss

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 01:24:00 pm »
Hi - appreciate you guys may be a little busy.

Just so you're aware, I've already put in for a server transfer to Kazzak (I always intended to since Agamaggan's group had been dead for a while), but don't let that influence the app as I intended to transfer anyway. :)

December 23, 2020, 01:27:26 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 01:27:26 pm »
Hello!

It seems that this app has, indeed, slipped through our fingers.
Poke any officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

December 23, 2020, 02:45:39 pm
Reply #4

Offline Zeroniss

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »
Many thanks, I've applied in game. I'll poke an officer later in the evening if not in by then!

December 23, 2020, 02:49:00 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 02:49:00 pm »
Hello again,

If i invite you and you're offline, that thing doesn't work.
Poking an officer would be best :)
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:56:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 1 User
Spetsnaz