Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (Tank) - Gamzo

January 14, 2021, 11:48:51 pm
Read 2254 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (Tank) - Gamzo
« on: January 14, 2021, 11:48:51 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Gamzo
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Gamzo
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Ole Folde, 26, from Kristiansund in Norway.

I studied music for a couple years, but been living on benefits for a few years so got a LOT of spare time.

I enjoy making music and watching TV shows and playing video games. I've always been competitive in nature no matter what game I play and I enjoy sitting through warcraftlogs or reading guides online to stay on top of things.

Class/Spec:

My main this expansion has been a Vengeance Demon Hunter. I played Boomkin through all of BFA and the first few weeks of this expansion, but I grew tired of it.

My ilvl in Vengeance is 210 and my ilvl in Havoc is 208. The items for them are very similiar since both specs use haste/versa and even though I am much better at playing Vengeance I don't think it'll take long for me to learn Havoc at a decent level, even though the spec is pretty underwhelming right now.

In Vengeance I mainly prioritize stamina as a tank, so any big ilvl upgrade is a good upgrade.
Otherwise I always try and prioritize haste/versatility over other stats.
For Vengeance I try to get full usage of Soul Cleave to proc the legendary Razelikh's Defilement so I can use my covenant ability, Elysian Decree more. I use Spirit Bombs if I'm capped on bombs and to apply the Frailty debuff. I haven't tried the Fiery Brand build a lot, but I am interested in trying it whenever I get the Soul Ash to craft Fiery Soul legendary. I've understood that the Fiery Brand build is a lot more defensively oriented so it might be better heading into mythic raiding.

For Havoc I am much more new and haven't been properly tested on it yet, but I'm a fast learner. The opener is something like: Immolation Aura-Fel Rush-Blade Dance-Glaive Tempest-Eye Beam-Metamorphosis-Blade Dance-Eye Beam then it goes into a priority system of making sure Immolation Aura, Eye Beam, Blade Dance and Glaive Tempest are always on cooldown. It's also good to try and fit in a Throw Glaive whenever there's room for it and keeping Fury up while not overcapping.

Alts:

I have a boomkin that's ilvl 199.

Other than that I have a Mage that's level 52, a monk level 50, a paladin level 50 and another druid level 51.

Professions:

I have never really gotten into professions, as I'm much more into raiding and running dungeons. I am however engineer on both my characters because World Shrinker is cool.

If grinding professions is a requirement it is definetly something I'd get into.

Raiding Experience:

I used to play my Boomkin back in BFA. I started playing Druid at the tail end of Battle of Dazaralor and became 3/9 mythic rather quickly before the Nazjatar patch dropped where I kept raiding with the guild I was in and became 3/8 mythic there before I was forced to take a break from the game. I came back to the game during Ny'Alotha patch, but the catchup grind was too tough and I didn't have the time to start grinding the cloak and didn't really want to. I promised myself I'd come back in Shadowlands to start raiding, which I have, and honestly think the expansion has been really good so far, except for Torghast. Fuck Torghast.

I also raided actively in Cataclysm when I was 17-18 and got 8/8HC before Mists of Pandaria launched.

Previous Guilds:

I was an active member of Fractured on Draenor, which is now ranked 88 on that server. I raided with them for about half a year before I had to take a break from the game a couple months into the Eternal Palace tier. I asked the raid leader a week before Shadowlands dropped if I could try and get my raider spot back, but they had been extensively recruiting and didn't have room.

After that I decided to migrate over to Alliance and Grim Batol to try and make a guild with friends. We started recruiting as much as we can, but soon ran into a brick wall as Grim Batol isn't an active realm anymore with few players. We got a small raid team together though and managed to get 4/10HC in the few months since the expansion launched, but we still had to pug a lot of players. Eventually some of the people in the friend group stopped playing and the guild eventually disbanded. I recently migrated back to horde and ended up choosing Kazzak and am applying to guilds in hopes of finding a solid group of players to raid with, which I see can become quite difficult since few guilds are looking for a tank and Havoc isn't the best spec.

Availability:

I am available whenever since I live on benefits. You'll usually find me online at late night and during the afternoon/evening. If I'm ever unavailable for a raid I will let you know days in advance.

Communication:

I have Teamspeak 3, a microphone and I'm fluent in English, but why aren't you using discord?

Computer / Connection:

I upgraded my computer last year at the start of lockdown.

Specs:
i9 9900k
32GB 3200MHz RAM
ASUS 3070TUF
Crucial P1 M.2 500GB

I have a 100/100 fiber connection as well.

I think I should be fine.

Addons/UI:

The UI: https://i.imgur.com/IHjOK1V.png
Weakaura in the middle is usually hidden in combat, but I put it in so it's represented in the picture. The raid-frames are down right, above the right chat and next to the Details window.

My keybindings are fairly simple:
1-2-3-4 for Fracture, Soul Cleave, Fel Devastation and Interrupt.
F1-F2-F3-F4 on the above bar for Taunt, Spirit Bomb, Fiery Brand and Consume Magic.
5-6-S1-S2 for Sigil of Silence, Sigil of Flame, Use-Trinket and Sigil of Misery
Shift-X for Kyrian Flask, Shift-3 for Health Pot, Shift-G for Healthstone
F for Throw Glaive and E for Immolation Aura.
Shift-E for Covenant Ability
Mouse buttons for Demon Spikes/Metamorphosis/Infernal Strike(jump)
Shift-Q for battle potion
Shift-4 and Shift-5 are Imprison and Summon Steward (Kyrian)

Okay I know I said simple and then got into super detailed, sorry lol

Relevant add-ons:
ElvUI
Plater
Weakauras
NameplateSCT
DBM
Details

Other Games:

I played League of Legends for years. A lot of it. Maybe too much of it. I've also played a lot of Battle Royale games like Warzone, Apex Legends and PUBG. I've also played a lot of Pokèmon and Zelda in my life.

Why Iron Edge?

Because I like professionalism. You have a website, which says a lot about a guild. Your blog posts about meeting up also shows you have a good community going, which definitely is a selling point. I just want to find a guild that is as committed to raiding as I aim to be.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I always aim to be the best player I can be and whatever I lack in game I make up for with good humour and a hell of an attitude!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

In-game guild finder.

Last Words?

"Never retreat, never surrender" - Mahatma Gandhi

January 18, 2021, 02:46:55 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (Tank) - Gamzo
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 02:46:55 pm »
Hi Ole,
Thanks for showing interest in Iron Edge. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and your friends on Grim Batol. Unfortunately you've applied at a rather bad time as we're not looking to take on many, if any, new people at this time. We'd be happy to offer you a social spot for the time being and revisit the potential for a raid trial in a few months, but as it stands we wouldn't be able to offer you a trial right now.
Let us know what you think. If you choose to go elsewhere, we wish you all the best for the future.

Regards,
Sam/Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:32:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 0 Users