Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lightrox

February 27, 2021, 03:46:36 pm
Read 4510 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lightrox
« on: February 27, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Lightrox
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Lightrox
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

IRL Name:Tiago
Work: University Sports Coach/PT

Class/Spec:

My main spec is Outlaw (ILvl 222)- I prefer it as I'm most comfortable playing it, but I'm also proficient in the other two specs, as far as the meta goes- Outlaw is simply ahead in terms of overall performance except in a few niche fights. I also prefer to play a spec that has consistent dps with a solid amount of Aoe/Cleave.
My secondary go to spec is Subtetly (220) which I use mostly for world content. I did start raiding with sub, however with the rise of Outlaw I made the switch as I'm also keen on M+.  
 I'm also fan of the pirate theme...Yarrrrr?! Anybody? No? Okay.

My class knowledge is solid- I understand my strengths and weaknesses. Outlaw is simple to play and the pace is highly determined by the Roll The Bones buffs. Its a typical combo point builder/spender spec which requires the maintenance of 2 self-buffs (slice and dice/Roll bones) and a debuff (between the eyes). Roll the bones buffs have a priority which determines which buffs you should keep and which ones can be rerolled before expired. Mastery of the spec requires situational decision-making when picking and discarding buffs.
My stats differ depending on content, but I like to play with 11% haste as a minimum baseline and filling the rest with Vers and Crit. I use Raidbots tools as standard guideline but I dont use it as a pure absolute.

Alts:

I have a Havoc DH (Lightfell) which I mained during Legion and BFA but due to developers treatment of the class during beta and launch of SL I decided to opt for a class with multiple dps specs which provided a safer option when doing content.
My DH is currently 215 Ilvl and I generally only do keys with it.

I also have a 2H Frost DK (Lightell) at 210 which I use mostly for ze lolz. Its a bit of a meme, but I enjoy the simplistic playstyle when I just want to chill and do lower keys.

Both of these characters are still in my old guild that I was a part of since the start of MOP.

Professions:

My professions are Alchemy. Who doesn't love 2 hour flasks! And Engineering, mostly for the emergency CR but it also has a nifty Teleport item which makes it easier to get around the open world.

Raiding Experience:

TBC- I played a holy paladin throughout all the content as it was released. My guild then went AFK upon reaching Muru until Wrath.

WOTLK- Switched to Retribution and cleared all relevant content including several Hardmodes.
Cataclysm- Cleared all content up until Dragonsoul (my guild at the time was already running on life-support) We killed Madness but the guild core/leadership fell apart after that and the guild diabanded. I also had personal issues with my living arrangements which forced me to take a break.

MOP- Found new guild with a semi-casual/hc approach which cleared content but with a more relaxed attitude. We did all content up to and including Siege of Orgrimmar. We always cleared HC and dabbled into the earlier bosses on the harder difficulties.

WOD- Exact same approach as in MOP clearing all HC content and doing the earlier bosses on the more difficult modes. Towards the later half of Hellfire Citatel (everyone in guild was a break) so I joined a Hardcore guild to push further into the further into the raid. Little did I know it was a sinking ship and the guild (like many in WOD) disbanded 2-3 weeks after having joined it.

Legion-Went Flavour of the moth and rolled a DH and like in previous expansions- cleared all HC content and took on several mythic encounters in each tier.

BFA- Was again a similar affair- however I had to take a break from WoW due to a change of jobs which essentially made me missed out the entirety of the Eternal Palace. I came back at the end of EP tier by which point alot of the guild had gone on a break and was now playing Classic. Upon the release of Nyalotha the remaining members decided to go all out into Mythic where we were able get up to M Nzoth but at that point we also had alot of the more (casual) taking breaks which made it impossible to have decent set-ups to takle M Nzoth.

SL- Strong start to expansion and we even had two raid teams going into CN as a result of all players coming back. Due to a difference in ideologies- half the raid Team (the players that pushed into M Nyalotha) decided to leave guild because the Core officers didnt agree with their ethos. Even though I raided with them, I decided to stay out of loyalty to the old core players.  We still managed to do Sire HC eventually.

Previous Guilds:

Kawhoom-TBC-CATA (disbanded)(paladin Officer)
Midlife Crisis -Mop-current (core raider)
Ava- (2-3 week stint) not sure if relevant (disbanded)

I decided to leave midlife crisis as the guild is slowly sinking into oblivion and it has one remaining officer trying her best to hold the guild together. The core officers/GM/RL decided to abandon the guild for Classic. The guild is sadly bleeding out with many of the core players having already left. I found myself constantly pugging and I would much rather play in an active guild with a more ambitious mind-set.

Availability:

Due to the pandemic- I'm currently free and flexible to fit any schedule and its unlikely to change until late June.
However, upon returning to work- I have evenings and weekends available.
Nothing planned currently.

Communication:

I'm proficient in English.
I do not have T3 currently (didnt know people still used it tbh) but its no problem to get it!
I'm able to listen  
I also have a working microphone.

Computer / Connection:

Just recently got a new Pc with really good specs.
No Issues whatsoever.

Addons/UI:

ElvUi for the custom options.
WA's play a big part in the way I play- everything from Class specific things to track CDs/abilities to Raid/dungeons abilties, Cr Trackers, Pride trackers, even Poisons!
Big Wigs/Little Wigs
Plater
Details.
Would be happy to provide a screentshot through discord

Other Games:

Sometimes console games- but rarely any tbh.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge for several reasons.

First being that you guys are obviously active and continue pushing high-end content and I feel that I belong in a place with people with similar goals and mindsets. Having had to pug for the last several weeks its made me realise just how important this is. I really want to challenge myself as I love this game and I think Iron Edge could offer me that.

I want to be a part of a guild that offers that community feeling, having looked at your website, it seems like you guys do stuff outside of the game and I would love to be a part of that.
It seems like the guild that has been around for a long time and I would to have that security of a solidly established guild. Just a place I can call Home. *throw cheese in there

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I feel like I can offer several things
As a potential raider/member you can be sure that I'm always going to be on top of my game. I like performing at the highest level and enjoy competition within a team environment. You're always going to get good solid numbers from me.

I'm extremely reliable and can provide consistent attendance/availablity to guild events, be it raiding, Keys, even PvP.
I also enjoy doing more casual based things on alts and so on.
I'm communicative, albeit a bit shy at first but a huge team player.
I also like to think I'm quite helpful but always open to constructive criticism.

I'm into social events and even just socialling outside of Raids/wow.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I was looking at Guild recruitment within the game and saw the guild name. I liked the name and got a good vibe so I decided to look more into it. Checked your website and now here I am.

Last Words?

Thanks for taking your time with this.
Hopefully see you soon.

Feel free to contact me in game or on Discord should you require logs or anything else.
Lightfell#2291 (Wow BT)
Lightrox#6605 (discord)

February 28, 2021, 05:47:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline Io

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lightrox
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 05:47:28 pm »
I'm not in the guild (but hope to be). But I'll vouch for Lightrox, we've been in the same guild for years and he's helpful, friendly and a very good player.

March 02, 2021, 03:35:01 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 03:35:01 pm »
Hi Tiago,
Thanks for applying and thanks for being patient while waiting for a response. As it stands we wouldn't be able to offer you a trial for the main raid. We do like your application so what we can offer is a social spot until a position opens up, or revisit this application when the new tier closes in.
I realize you applied at the same time as your friend who has also been offered a social spot so if you want to make that decision between you and get back to us then please do

March 02, 2021, 06:10:53 pm
Reply #3

Offline Lightrox

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:10:53 pm »
First of all, thank you for your reply and the offer to join as a social. It's definetely something I would accept, I do however, have some questions regarding this position and I hope you can address some of my concerns.

As a social, is there any organised content created by the guild which I can take part in? Or is it a case of continuing to find PuGs to do content?
My primary goal is raiding, and push into high-end content, and I understand I can't just walk into any mythic raiding team off the bat and start raiding :D ; however, as a social are there any opportunities/paths to prove myself worthy?
What sort of activites and content can I be a part of?

I'm more than willing to wait for a spot to open up, and stay as a social. That's not a problem- but it's obviously something I need take into account as 9.1  is still a long way away (May-June?) and before accepting I would love to know what being a social entails.

I do hope that this isn't taken in the wrong way  ;D. I'm grateful and appreciative for the offer but obviously Raiding and doing organised content is a huge and perhaps the only motivating factor for playing WoW. 

Thank you once again for your time.
Light

PS: Io and I actually had no idea we had both chosen Iron Edge as our destination :P  It was completly random. I promise

March 03, 2021, 11:19:14 am
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 11:19:14 am »
With us having 3 raid teams, people who are looking to raid usually find a place in one of those teams so as far as I know, other than the odd alt raid, I don't think there will be much, if any, 'organised' raiding going on outside of the 3 teams. There's always M+ going on despite not getting involved in it myself and occasionally RBGs if that's anything that interests you.
Based on what you've said I imagine this may not be what you were hoping for, so i'll leave you to make that decision.
If it's not for you then by all means give the app a bump if things don't work out elsewhere and we'll look at availability then.

All the Best,
Shimmar

July 10, 2021, 07:15:00 pm
Reply #5

Offline Lightrox

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:15:00 pm »
Hey again!

I would very like to re-open my application to Iron Edge, not sure what your availability is currently within your raiding teams, despite my raiding goals I'm perfectly cool with riding the bench and taking a reserve role/social.
I do however have the capacity to raid any day and the information I provided in my application is still very much relevant- but feel free to shoot me any questions you may have.
At the moment I would just like a place that I can call home and perhaps raid at some point. Unfortunately the group that I joined last time did not come back upon 9.1's release which has left me astray and without a community.

Thank you again for looking over this.
Light

July 12, 2021, 02:02:49 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 02:02:49 pm »
Hey Lightrox,

Thanks for revisiting! Give us a moment while we review our availability for rogues in the main raid.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 12, 2021, 11:26:22 pm
Reply #7

Offline Lightrox

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 11:26:22 pm »
Thank you Rash

I would just like to throw in a quick update that I currently main Assassination spec for Raids as it sims higher than Outlaw.
I've also noticed that quite a few of my fellow old-time guildies have applied and it would be awesome to be amongst them (Hugglo and Paliouras)

Thanks again!

July 17, 2021, 04:18:09 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 04:18:09 pm »
Hi Lightrox,

Apologies for the delay, but we would like to offer you a trial if you're still interested.

Please poke an officer online to get invited and make sure to join our discord as well.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 0 Users