Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Setavai

May 17, 2021, 09:06:33 pm
Read 2418 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Setavai
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:06:33 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Setavai
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Setavai
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Alex
Work: software/web developer and also fix my dads printer on a regular basis.

might quit that second job though, doesnt pay nearly enough..

Class/Spec:

Primarily played as mistweaver throughout BFA and decided to pick up some windwalker while progressing through nathria, been quite a learning curve since even though i have played melee dps quite alot, i've never raided with one before.

I'd call my mistweaver my main spec based solely on the fact that im more comfortable playing it, i am however interested in trying to main it as windwalker, since the last few weeks i've not really been enjoying it as much in M+

Since i've mained mistweaver for the most part, and i enjoyed playing it in a fistweaving configuration the most, i haven't optimized my windwalker as much yet,

I am currently in the process of getting my legendary sorted, i've primarily been using Jade ignition for dungeons since when i crafted it i figured it'd help out with the aoe fights, i am currently working on getting Invoker's Delight crafted though, since now that im getting more comfortable with the spec, the 33% haste is hard to beat when you get better at timing your celestials throughout fights,

For my stat priority ive mostly been running sims in raidbots and basing my stats on that, i keep a nice stash of gear in my inventory due to playing all 3 specs (quite enjoy doing low level m+ as brewmaster) so for the most part i've been able to adapt the stats based on what i lack, im mostly aiming for more crit versa though, since even though i originally needed more haste, i believe versa actually gives me a bigger damage increase.

for my regular rotation im mostly focused on keeping RSK and FoF on cooldown, while at the same time juggling between tiger palm and blackout kick to keep my combo strikes going. I prefer playing with Fist of the white tiger because i notice i occasionally mess up my rotation, and feel like it fills up that gap nicely where i would otherwise just spam tiger palm/BO kick to slowly get my chi back up. other then that i still feel like i can improve on my cooldown usage, figuring out when to use it effectively to have it available again during an important phase, stuff like that.

Alts:

I also have a similarly geared shadowpriest (Stopcasting on kazzak), that i also very much enjoy playing, though i haven't really raided on it (or on any caster actually) so i struggle to keep a consistent damage output going on it.

I'll probably primarily be playing it in dungeons though

other then that, some lesser geared alts of mine would be a ret pala, assa rogue, fire mage, fury warrior, and im slowly leveling my vengeance dh which was the alt i played most throughout BFA

Professions:

Honestly i've not really done anything with my professions, on my monk i went with engineering simply due to the easier access to the auction house (im poor and cant afford a longboi),

besides that i went with jewelcrafting on my monk while running inscription/alchemy on my priest,
theres not really any reason behind any of them, i just spend gold, i suck at making it

Raiding Experience:

Probably already touched up on this in the previous sections, but i primarily played MW in castle nathria (12/12 hc), and only really been doing mythic+ througout BFA since i didnt really enjoy anything else during that expansion.

I've never really been much of a raider in the past so before that theres hardly anything noteworthy to mention here,

Pvp however i did focus on quite alot in my early days, missing the HotA achievement on my disc priest somewhere in cata by a few points (yes, HotA since i was still alliance back then), i did however get to high warlord from RBGS, and spent months only doing arenas with friends, sadly only got to just over 2.2k rating from that..

lost interest in pvp for the most part though after my irl friends quit playing, and since getting back into any sort of serious pvp after this long is more pain then worth suffering, i'll probably stick to pve content for now

Previous Guilds:

Kanium, which sort of disbanded after we stopped raiding so im not sure if it qualifies as me leaving in particular, but when they were still raiding, i've been consistently joining them throughout normal and heroic progress in CN,

before that, i've only really been in guilds as a social, i only casually did m+ throughout BFA so there wasnt much of a need for me to join any communities

Availability:

I work fulltime during the day, sitting at a desk, staring at a monitor, so obviously i then go home and do the same thing all evening except with a game running on the pc, which im sure im not the only one here..

I dont work shifts, no exams, holidays i have yet to plan, so i cant really mention them here, although i am in the process of (trying to) buy a house but with the market here as it is, that will probably still be a few months away.

tldr: im available most nights, as long as i know beforehand, since i personally really dislike being asked the same day if i can do something that takes up several hours of my time (even though i would otherwise spend that time doing nothing anyway)

Communication:

Even though the amount of text i've written so far probably says otherwise, im generally not that talkative, quite introverted, and tend to keep to myself,
i would consider myself fluent in english, although i do feel i mess up my sentences quite often, but thats not an english problem since i do that in my native language aswell, im just retarded.

I dont have teamspeak3, nor did i know people still used that, but thats a 2 second download away from being fixed.

I have a microphone and am able to listen*

* actually half deaf due to a chronic ear infection, its not bothersome in regular conversation, i might struggle if 5 people talk at once though

Computer / Connection:

Recently upgraded my good old GTX970 to an AMD 6700XT, combined with a ryzen 3700 i'd say im probably fine,

im on a 70down/10up connection, its stable, my pings generally between 10-20ms, and i dont generally disconnect (had an addon fuck up at some point which i've since fixed).

Addons/UI:

Running DBM and weakauras to keep track of most mechanics
screenshot of ui: https://i.imgur.com/rhRrN0V.jpeg
debuffs do show above my healthbar aswell, and i honestly couldnt tell you where on my bars my abilities are without spending a few seconds to search for them,
i prefer having them visible even though i pretty much exclusively use the weakauras in the center of my screen to track everything

Ive been using the same keybinds since start of cata, which is basically 1-6, F, T, B, R, G, V, and then the shift, alt and ctrl combination of those keys, and i have my extra action button bound on F1, besides that theres not really anything special about my setup i believe

Other Games:

Only played other mmo's casually, but have spent probably as much time playing the Arma franchise as i have played WoW, even these days, i still regularly play Arma3 (mostly on pvp servers) with a group of friends.

Why Iron Edge?

With my current guild no longer raiding, these past few weeks i've not so much as talked to any of the guild members, and spend most of my time sitting afk in oribos and doing low level m+ to relax,
I'd say im probably ready to jump into more of an active community, and since Cake mentioned this guild, and since i have played with a few of you guys before, i figured i might as well give this a shot

What can I offer Iron Edge?

a consistent 23 dps on a good day, not sure what to say, i have alot to learn, i've not been raiding for a long time, and am generally not good with groups of people i dont know,
but i'd say in life i atleast try to give my best effort when i set my mind to something,
so i guess at the very least i'll show up, mostly on time :P

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Mostly through cake and squiggles i guess?

Last Words?

"Any last words?", am i in danger?

May 17, 2021, 09:25:37 pm
Reply #1

Offline cake

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Setavai
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:25:37 pm »
shit had to get my reading glasses out for this.
i would be more than happy to put my name down and vouch for him. good player and very active

May 17, 2021, 09:46:48 pm
Reply #2

Offline Nimwen

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:46:48 pm »
I also vouch for him ^^ saved me quite a few times in dungeons!

May 18, 2021, 08:38:28 am
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 08:38:28 am »
Hello Setavai.

I'm happy that some of Cake's friends are applying. Your lack of experience is the only thing that's "wrong" with the app.
I do believe that, if you actually take the time to learn about your class and each encounter (be it youtube, discord or whatever notes), you can easily succeed and be more than decent in Mythic raiding. Specially for 9.1, when a new tier comes around.

Think you can handle that?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:41:15 am by Xorm »
Ba dun tss!

May 18, 2021, 06:19:44 pm
Reply #4

Offline Setavai

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 06:19:44 pm »
Hello Setavai.

I'm happy that some of Cake's friends are applying. Your lack of experience is the only thing that's "wrong" with the app.
I do believe that, if you actually take the time to learn about your class and each encounter (be it youtube, discord or whatever notes), you can easily succeed and be more than decent in Mythic raiding. Specially for 9.1, when a new tier comes around.

Think you can handle that?

I generally pick up on things quickly and have plenty of time available to do so, so i'd definitely be willing to give it a shot.
As you said, i still lack quite a bit of experience but with some capable people around im sure i'd improve on that quickly

May 18, 2021, 09:38:57 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mafuya

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 09:38:57 pm »
yo i'm also handing out vouchers here featuring setavai

May 18, 2021, 09:40:57 pm
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 09:40:57 pm »
Very well.

I'll offer you a trial for 9.1. You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

81 Guests, 0 Users