Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Xurlio

June 28, 2021, 08:25:42 am
Read 1668 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Xurlio
« on: June 28, 2021, 08:25:42 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Xurlio
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Xurlio
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Ryan, 30, Liverpool - England, Currently unemployed caring for my son.

Class/Spec:

MM. I have always enjoyed MM, and I am really enjoying it in SL. I am playing Kyrian covenant as the 1 minute burst profiles are really nice, and they do amazingly well in M+ which is what I was mainly focused on doing in 9.0 / 9.0.5.

My Hunter is 224 in bags, all though I tend to run at 222 due to trinket ilvl.

Crit / Mastery. As I am Kyrian I am using the Surging shots leggo, it provides a lot more burst in my 1 minute burst profiles, and as I used to focus more on M+ (last few months I have been coasting content on auto pilot, I haven't been pushing anything) this setup was more beneficial.

Alts:

I have quite a few alts, tends to happen with a long drawn out patch like this one, but the ones that I would mention are:

Havoc DH
Assa Rogue
Frost DK

I have exp with all 3 classes, and can play them all to a decent level.

Professions:

Engineering and Skinning

I wanted Engi just for the combat ress really, oh and the goggles mog!

Raiding Experience:

Now then...

This expansion has been a strange one for me, as I mentioned above, I care for my son. He has a lot of complicated issues, it has been the last 6 months where we have had to deal with the brunt of it, for example he has a feeding tube as he can't eat, and he has IV nutrition, there is alot going on with him.

Anyway, due to that, I haven't had a lot of time to raid this expansion, nor commit to a guild. However, we kind of have everything managed, and we have a great routine which means I have evenings free, meaning I can raid and commit to a raid schedule again.

This expansion I have AOTC and 3/10M... It's basically 2/10M because I died so early on Hungering (I didn't get the tactics explained too well lol)

I have played WoW on and off through pretty much all expansions, but raiding has never been a massive part of play style since WotLk... Those Ulduar days <3

But as I say, I am competent player and I have the time to dedicate to progresses through this next tier.

Previous Guilds:

I tihnk I have been in around 4 guilds this expansion, I haven't done much with them due to the reasons I stated above, not having time etc. So most guilds I have sat at social rank. One guild I was in collapsed as they were progressing Sun King Mythic too, so that was fun lol

Availability:

I am free every Evening apart from Wednesdays and Fridays, I am at kickboxing on these days. Other than that, I'll be online!

Communication:

Well, I am a scouser so English is a hard point for me, but I try! I don't have TS3, but I can get it if that is what's needed. I have a mic and yes I am vocal.

Computer / Connection:

Yes! I recently got a new computer! I have gone from running at 20 fps, to 70+

Internet connection is stable, I use an ethernet cable so it has never dropped since I have been using it.

Addons/UI:

DBM
Tell Me When
Threat Plates
Details

I can't find anywhere to link my UI, but if you need it I can send it on discord or something similar!

Other Games:

Not much really, I have dabbled into Destiny 2, but that's just because this patch is killing me.

Why Iron Edge?

It looks like a really good guild, the weekend raiding suits me perfectly due to my kickboxing timetable. I joined a casual raiding guild, but if I am being honest, I believe I can do a lot better. I don't want to be progressing normal raid for a long time, which I and the GM of the guild think we will be.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A reliable player who learns quickly. I am friendly and talkative, always willing to help anyone who needs it as well. Also, being a scouser it will help with the diversity of the guild! xD

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Kazzak Forums

Last Words?

I understand I might be a risk of a player to take with my lack of raiding exp, but I assure you I am a competent player. I also spent about 8 months on a WotLK private server, I know it's not much but raid xp is raid xp I guess! Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

June 28, 2021, 08:33:12 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Xurlio
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 08:33:12 am »
Hello Ryan!

I like your app! What class do you play in Destiny 2?

It's true that you don't have a lot of experience, but a new patch is always good refresher for people that want to go a bit higher. Think you can handle that?

Also, since you mentioned that you take care of your son, can you talk during the raids?
Ba dun tss!

June 28, 2021, 08:46:36 am
Reply #2

Offline Xurlio

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 08:46:36 am »
Morning mate!

I play Gunslinger, have done since Destiny 1, that golden gun is too good lol!

Well, I feel like I missed a lot of opportunities in this first patch, so I am aiming to make up for them in 9.1 and push myself in a raiding environment as well as M+.

I can do yes, I'll most likely have push to talk to avoid you guys listening to my wife watching Grey's Anatomy in the background lol, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. As for my son, he is usually in bed for 5pm UK time, occasionally I may have to run up to his room if his pump is beeping etc, but if we are in a boss fight, my wife will run up and do it. So while we're fighting, I am 100% in game and focused.

June 29, 2021, 09:57:27 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 09:57:27 pm »
Perfect!

I'd like to give you a trial in the new tier.
Poke any officer for an invite and tag me on Discord to give you a role.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

76 Guests, 5 Users
Spetsnaz, mortos, Lethys, Rash, Wali