Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Adimas

June 29, 2021, 08:30:27 pm
Read 1759 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Adimas
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:30:27 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Adimas
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Adimas
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Heyho!
My name is Stefan, 35 y.o. fiberoptics field engineer from Belgium.

Class/Spec:

I play mostly holy (ms) and to a lesser extent ret (os). I only ever play prot for when i tank low keys for friends. Both specs are around 225 ilvl.

99% of my higher level PvE content in SL has been as Holy. I havent mained Ret since Uldir.
Holy palas playstyle apparently mostly carried over from the end of BfA (which i didnt play).
Healingwise holy palas priority comes down to ''how can i get as much holy power as fast as possible''. You do this by holy shocking friendlies and crusader striking baddies in the face.
Holy palas are also a force to be reckoned with dps-wise, especially the Venthyr ones (which im not). A part of the damage comes naturally from generating holy power (hammer of wrath, CS...).
Judgement doesnt generate HP, still cast it tho: it hits like a truck + trickle heal, yay!
You want to aim for haste in all forms of content, with mastery (yuck) for raiding and vers (i guess) for m+.

Alts:

Warrior 225 ilvl
DK 215 ilvl
Hunter 215 ilvl
Monk 200 ilvl

Professions:

Enchanting. More of an emotional profession than anything else. Ive had it since TBC.
Mining. Gambled this would be a decent moneymaker at the start of the expansion, as im pretty shit at working the AH. Didnt pay off. Was contemplating picking up engineering since my m+ group didnt have a CR, but they all quit before i actually made the jump. Might still do it.

My old guild supplied cauldrons and didnt mind me taking 2 since 95% of the guild actually had alchemy, hence me not having alchemy.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla: mage at first, warrior later. Cleared everything up to twin emps.
TBC: holy pala main/warrior alt. Cleared everything up to Brutallus.
WotLK: holy pala main/warrior alt. Cleared everything (notable achievements are the Immortal and Undying,  Conqueror of Ulduar, A tribute to Mad Skill (25), a Tribute to Insanity (10), Firefighter, Alone in the Darkness, bears from ZG and ZA)
Cata: holy pala main/warrior alt. Cleared everything up until halfway heroic Firelands where i quit the game because i got burned out from dailies :)
I did most of this (TBC until i quit) in the same guild. Very much not a guildhopper.

Didnt play MoP or WoD. Started playing again near the end of Legion, very casual. Wanted to raid again, because thats why i play this game. Joined a guild where the GM was one of the players i used to play with in my old days. It collapsed at the smallest raidwall in Uldir (the mythic dog? icr the name).

Fresh promising guild where i knew nobody at the start of SL where i got 5/10 M CN before the official plan was to take a break until 9.1.

Previous Guilds:

The guild i was in from TBC until i quit in Cata was called School Bus. Cant even remember the name of the guild in BfA.
Current guild is Focus Target. We took a break 4 months ago with the plan of coming back together for patch 9.1
A few days ago the GM let everybody know on discord that he got too many messages of people not going to return after all and is throwing in the towel.

Availability:

Apart from vacations im available pretty much all the time. No late or night shifts, no exams, i can kinda decide my own hours.
No steady gf or wife, no kids.
I usually have near 100% attendance.

Communication:

I apparently do, didnt know people still use it! Havent used TS since my Unreal Tournament days. Have mic and can use it. Generally dont talk much during raid.

Computer / Connection:

No annoying issues. Wouldnt mind some more FPS but the current GFX card demand/offer  problems made me buy a PS5 instead (which is mostly gathering dust right now cus im always playing wow - dont hate me)

Addons/UI:

Most notably Bigwigs, details, IRT, ERT, WA, Elvui.

Other Games:

I keep buying games on steam sale but never actually playing them. Before Shadowlands i was playing Overwatch, Hearthstone and League of Legends. Some Monster Hunter, Borderlands, everything and anything really. Was also big into Street fighter 4 during my years long break.

Why Iron Edge?

You guys seem to be going strong, after all these years. The fact that you still have a website tells me youre probably pretty oldschool. Also the fact that you somehow fill 3 different niches when it comes to raiding means people actually want to stick around the players in your guild. It tells me that your members enjoy to be around the people who make up the guild, even though their in-game aspirations dont necessarily lign up anymore.
I seem to be one of the few wow players who actually still likes retail, but in the end we dont log in everyday for the game, but for the people.
Im assuming you provide stability, no doubt without its ups and downs, and thats what im looking for.
Im not a guildhopper. I dont particularly enjoy going through the process of looking for likeminded people, so if i had it my way this would be the last guild i'd join.
My goals in WoW are pretty simple; Cutting Edge. Doesnt really matter to me how fast i get it, i just want to see and finish the content.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Loyalty and close to 100% attendance raidwise.
I have to be honest and admit im not a very good innovator. Ill never be in a top 100 guild (not that i have those aspirations) because of that, tho i consider myself to be a very good copier. I look at what the actual good players do, try to figure out why they do it and just do what they do...
Because of that im extremely comfortable with feedback, i love nothing more. Its efficient, saves me time looking up stuff. Talk to me about why you think im an idiot for taking a certain talent.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Ive seen some of you guys run around Oribos, and while browsing Wowprogress these last few days i remembered the name.

Last Words?

I noticed you already have a solid holy pala for a while now, but i took my chances anyway. Maybe rerolls were being discussed for next patch.

June 30, 2021, 02:29:45 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Adimas
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 02:29:45 pm »
Hi Adimas,

I like your application very much, but your role/class choice is not exactly optimal for us.

Would you be willing to have a chat with us, maybe tonight? If that's not convenient you can approach me on Discord by joining the server and we'll set up another time.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 01, 2021, 07:39:35 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 07:39:35 pm »
Hi Adimas,

As we discussed on Discord, we would like to offer you a trial. But unfortunately holy paladin is a very difficult fit for us right now.

If you're open to switching to a different class, you can poke an officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 03, 2021, 10:39:20 am
Reply #3

Offline Helken

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 10:39:20 am »
Ill be taking you up on that offer. See if the old DK is up to snuff.

Right now its still on an RP server where i was playing with some friends. Not sure how to deal with that with the whole trial period.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:05:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

78 Guests, 0 Users