Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Liquidroom

August 13, 2021, 08:27:41 pm
Read 5698 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Liquidroom
« on: August 13, 2021, 08:27:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Liquidroom
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Liquidroom
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Evandro and I am a portuguese 28 year old psychologist who works at a mental institute. In my spare time I like to read, play games and watch movies with some golfing on the side and in the summer, going to the beach.

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing harmony arcane due to the nerfs in 9.1 to fire. Fire has been my go to throughout the years but I've always followed the trend and played what was stronger. My only weakness is the frost spec, as I really dont the damage profile and the overall playstyle. With that in mind, I decided to switch to arcane and as I was going to only play that spec, I went with kyrian which was the most suitable for both m+ and raiding.

Stat wise, I'll prio mastery and crit althou I'm reaching a threshold were versatility is the go-to. I'll cast pre-pull arcane explosions with a eating macro to fish for clearcast procs, till the 2 second mark of the pull timer, when I pop my rune of power and start arcane missiles till i reach 18 harmony stacks. By that time I start my rotation with radiant spark + ToTm + AP (macroed with the racial and the ruby) and do 4 arcane blasts + queueing 1 arcane barrage at the end to benefit from the radiant spark buff. One of the things I need to take into account is the travel time of the AB, which forces me to either be close to the target, or manage properly the range to the target according to my haste. In situtations where I can not control this, I should frostbolt after radiant spark and then go with the normal 3x AB. I usually play Sync, as with arcane prodigy with get AP every 1:30 min, which even though doesnt sync with a ruby, makes the rotation way easy and its just about 2% loss. Ill go desync on fights that demand to do so, such as Soulrender.

Alts:

I have a resto druid at 237 ilevel, with which I like to play a bit.

Professions:

I don't really put any effort in professions anymore. I have enchanting and alchemy, mainly for the extended duration of flasks.

Raiding Experience:

I've been raiding on and off since late WotlK. I invested more in the begining of cataclysm, having cleared BWD and BOT, nefarian being done pre-nerf. After that firelands came and my computer couldnt really handle all that pretty fire so I had to step down (this was when I went out for college). After that I stopped playing completely, and came back with the release of warlords of draenor. I raided casually earlier in the expansion, clearing Highmaul and was forced to quit the game again when blackrock foundry hit, as I was studying and couldnt have a regular schedule to raid properly. The same happened in Legion, where in EN managed to clear heroic and Nighthold went 3/10m. BFA was prolly the expansion besides mists that I quit really soon. As for now, having a job a regular schedule, I've been playing regularly and non-stop since the release, having done 7/10m CN, and 1/10m SoD. I had to pug the last 3 bosses on heroic.

Previous Guilds:

Most of the time I left the guilds was because I stopped playing. My first guild this expansion, simply couldnt find players and the 2 guild masters quit the game so I had to search for a new home. Then I went to ancient defilers, we progressed till and on sludge, but then some internal affairs with some of the greek members resulted in the guild being disbanded. The guild master tried to reform a new guild, but we were struggling to find decent recruits who wouldnt abandon after 1 raiding night, so as of today, the guildmaster decided to end the guild and hence my search for a new home.

Availability:

I work from 11 server time to 19 server time ( 9-5 for me, I'm on -2). Other than, I have full availability and I can sucessfully rearrange my personal life to be present at every raid.

Communication:

Yes to every question.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent rig (i5 6600k, 1070ti, 16gb) and a 100 mb fiber connection. N

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs, method raid tools, weakauras, rc lootcouncil.

https://lensdump.com/i/ZuwMoZ  (i dont usually have the bars showing)

Other Games:

I play some CS:GO and league on the side + some hearthstone.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a mythic focused guild that's well-structured and with a solid foundation, which can also enable to become a better play and to achieve higher results in the next tiers.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

You can expect from me a patient and interested player, who does his research and can take criticism. I'm a aware and I do have 2 ears and a brain which I put to the use in every raiding night. Besides that, I can assure 100% raid attendance and I'm willing to do adjust whatever is necessary in my playstyle/class/behaviour.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

I can just say that I'm fully open to discuss any matter you feel I didnt dive too deep in. Just ask me everything you need to know.

August 14, 2021, 06:19:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Liquidroom
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 06:19:29 pm »
Hey Evandro,

Thank you for your great application!

With your preference on playing firemage, do you think you'll swap back to it in the near future?

firemage already seems to be making a return in m+ and is only slightly lagging behind the other two specs but is definitely viable.

Cheers,

Nashor
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 08:35:30 pm by Nashor »

August 14, 2021, 06:50:29 pm
Reply #2

Offline Cnackaa

• Guild Member

• Cnackaa

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 06:50:29 pm »
I am asking this because of your occupation:

How "problematic" would it be, for you, if a raid member calls another (not yourself) a "retard" (or something similar), during a raid (Including both ironically and not)?

August 16, 2021, 08:18:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Liquidroom

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »
Hey Evandro,

Thank you for your great application!

With your preference on playing firemage, do you think you'll swap back to it in the near future?

firemage already seems to be making a return in m+ and is only slightly lagging behind the other two specs but is definitely viable.

Cheers,

Nashor

Hi there! If I find that fire is the go-to in the near future, I'll surely switch back to it. Don't think I'm not enjoying arcane, because I am and it has been a breath of fresh air after many years playing fire.

August 16, 2021, 08:24:14 pm
Reply #4

Offline Liquidroom

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 08:24:14 pm »
I am asking this because of your occupation:

How "problematic" would it be, for you, if a raid member calls another (not yourself) a "retard" (or something similar), during a raid (Including both ironically and not)?

Not at all. I don't get offended just by hearing people insulting each other. The term is fairly common between friends and doesn't imply any special meaning to it. Same as calling someone gay, I don't get offended even though I believe that repeating this kind of terminology to describe someone in a negative way just perpetuates the stigma. Still, you'll probably hear me shouting out like professor Chang "Aha, gayyyy". It is what it is. I'm not that kinda of psychologist that has a posture problem leaning too much to the left.

August 17, 2021, 12:23:45 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 12:23:45 pm »
Hiyo Liquidroom,

I like your application and would like to give you a trial for the main raid. You can poke me or any officer in-game for an invite!
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

August 17, 2021, 02:48:00 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 02:48:00 pm »
Welcome Liquidroom!

If you'd like to know more about raiding with us, please check out this post.

See you in the raid!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users