Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Ultralift

August 15, 2021, 07:17:13 am
Read 4287 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Ultralift
« on: August 15, 2021, 07:17:13 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ultralift
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Ultralift
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hey!

My name is Valter, I'm 31 years old and I live in Portugal. I work as a Senior Associate in an Executive Search company.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is elemental. I think it is very funny and I tried almost every class and, for me, it is the one I enjoy the most. I am 244.25 ilvl atm, always simming and eagering to get better gear!!

Atm, I am learning to play resto at a proper level, but I do not feel comfortable raiding with it... for now!

The stats will depend. Mainly, with ele shaman you wanna go haste crit, specially for M+, with the legendaries echoes of the great sundering or skybreaker's fiery demise. However, the best raiding legendary - windspeaker's lava resurgence - you wanna go with haste and versatility. This legendary is the only one that changes your priority stats.

With that legendary, which we use in almost every encounter in SoD, we wanna prioritize lava surge procs above all, even when we are maelstorm capped or even when we already have a proc of master of the elements talent.

Regarding rotation, we will always want to cast a lava burst/ lava surge in between any other spell to get the master of elements talent buff on our spells. We have a priority list as well, regarding which spell we should prioritize after our lava burst/ surge: lightning bolt empowered by our stormkeeper, frost shock empowered by icefury, earhshock, elemental blast, icefury, etc.

Please feel free to reach out if you want me to tell more about my gamestyle and above all if you have some tips to improve my dps and mechanics output; I would appreciate!

Alts:

Havoc/Vengeance Demon Hunter - 234 ilvl
Frost Mage 232 ilvl
Holy/Prot Paladin (Kyrian - but available to switch to venthyr) - 220 ilvl (never played it since Season 2 was released)

Professions:

I have enchanting and Alchemy.

Alchemy because of flasks increased duration.

On my mage i have herbalism and alchemy and on my DH I have skinning and leatherworking: this way i can have 2 gathering professions and have gold to send to shaman (which is my main)

Raiding Experience:

I only started raiding on Season 2 of Shadowlands; prior to that I did ahead of the curve on CN with my mage, before switching mains - most honest answer I could give you.

Previous Guilds:

I was a social on Ascendence because my friend was there, then he went to Ancient Defilers and I went with him. After that, Ancient Defilers disbanded due to internal problems and the raid leader invited me to the new guild - Púzzle. Now I am leaving because he left and all core group is disbanding because it is not working: people are not commited, don't know mechanics, don't prepare themselves (watching videos, getting gear enchants, optimal gear/stats, etc). So we who are trying hard to progress are suffering with that and decided to move on with other challenges.

Availability:

Officially I work every day from 9 am to 6 pm (10am-7pm server time) but i use to work later. However, in raid days i leave the office on time and I am online 30/20 minutes before raid starts to prepare myself. If i commit with schedules, I'll be there in time.

Regarding the rest, unfortunetly I don't go on holidays that much, and I have had my dose this year - i just came back from my summer holidays today, so...

Communication:

Yes. I mean, I am portuguese, but my english is pretty good (it is 6 am here, so if there is anything wrong with my writting, I apologize).

Nevertheless, I understand everything. And yes, I have teamspeak and microphone and good headsets.

Computer / Connection:

No problems at all. Just renewed all my gear 2 months ago.

Addons/UI:

I will be very happy to send you a screen shot of my UI but i cannot find any button to attach any documents.

I use ELVUi. DBM, Details!, Infinite Raid tools, Masque, Method Raid Tools.

I use them because they give me good piece of information and, at the same time, they are "clean". And i always check for updates for them, aswell as to my weakauras - and of course i use whatever weakauras the raid leader tells me to - besides my char's specific ones

Other Games:

A bit of Counter Strike. Played League of Legends for some years, but stopped 1 year and a half ago. Tired of people flaming everything.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to find another guild to be with for a long and consistent period of time. I don't like dramas, although I am aware they exist and they are part of people relating with each other; but I don't like Egos and stuff like that to spoil the fun that the game should be providing to you.

I really enjoy knowing new people - i like several guildies from this guild I am atm, but they are all leaving and, at the moment, I think it is the best because we all need "fresh air".

I want to join Iron Edge because I want experienced people around me - different tastes, different experiences, but we will learn from each other.

I know you have a long story already and I like that; I want to learn from all of you and, of course, help you out!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a very very good mood!! I am very commited! If I see I am slowing you down (ok, besides getting benched) I will practice without you so the next day I am better!

Moreover, I am very helpful; I mean, I like to help people and to play with people while on discord/teamspeak; Help people getting gear, trade it if I get it, doing M+, learn from each other, etc.

And i consider myself as a very mature person: although i tell a lot of jokes and play around, I easily tell specific moments for specific behaviors.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Feel free to reach out on battlenet if you want. And even if you are not considering me for raiding (at least for the short term), you can always get me as a social or something: i am not applying for a lot of guilds because I want something consistent. If it means I have to prove my worth, so be it!

Megalift#2714

August 15, 2021, 08:04:54 am
Reply #1

Offline Cnackaa

• Guild Member

• Cnackaa

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Ultralift
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 08:04:54 am »
Hello Valter,

I like your application, and while I am in no position to influence decisions I think it will be beneficial for you to expand on your game/raiding experience.

You can talk about when did you start playing WoW, what were you doing in game and basically how you evolved to reach the point of today.

Also, you can use imgur to submit a UI screenshot

Good luck!

August 17, 2021, 09:47:12 pm
Reply #2

Offline Megalift

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 09:47:12 pm »
Hello,

First of all sorry for the delay on my reply.

So, honestly, as things shall be, I started playing wow this year, on January: I did some tmogs and mount farming at the beginning, I did not have fun on M+ or raiding because I leveled up through quests and stuff and then I did not have the mechanics for PVE. Besides, which I found out latter, I was not playing with the class I would end up enjoying the most. Nevertheless, I started playing some keys and started enjoying it when I got more familiar with stuff.

I already had 2 chars at ilvl 220+ (before season 2, of course) when I decided to look for "my" class and spec. Then I found out Shaman, on April, and never let that go!

Since then, and with more experience in dungeons and stuff, I started gearing up my Elemental and doing higher keys. Everytime I try to do a higher key than before, even for the vault loot at the beginning of next weeks.

As mentioned, I am always looking for min maxing the potential of my char, as well as trying to improve as a player every day.

As I said when I applied, I was invited to join my last guild by the Raid leader from the guild I was as a social before, far from imagining how much I would enjoy raiding.

Since then I started watching all videos, guides, streamers possible to get familiar with the mechanics. I practiced single target rotation to prepare myself for the raid and I think I have improved since the beginning of this tier.

Now I feel I need more experienced player and challenging goals to get "even better" (don't misunderstand what I am saying, not saying I am the best!!!)

So, again, and honestly, I have been playing the game since January this year; I have no experience on raiding on an hardcore or semi hardcore guild on previous expansions, but, in fact, I am eager to be part of one and I think I can be useful!

Regarding the screenshot of my UI, here it goes:

https://imgur.com/a/y1jT7aw

You can check my keybinds aswell!

Please let me know if you need anything else; I would be happy to answer you. And of course, if you have any immediate tip, please let me know!

Sorry again for the delay.

Cheers!

August 18, 2021, 11:25:35 am
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 11:25:35 am »
Hiyo Ultralift,

I would like to offer you a trial for our main raid and see how you fare together with our raiding team. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite!

Also check out this post for some more details regarding raiding with us.
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length