Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gloam

August 18, 2021, 09:08:12 pm
Read 5273 times

Applicant

Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gloam
« on: August 18, 2021, 09:08:12 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Gloam
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Gloam
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hi Iron Edge, my name is John. I am a 48! year old Irish male who works in IT and has been playing wow since late vanilla. I am married with one child and very well behaved most of the time. I like to be with family, run, cycle, walk, watch the sport and play computer games.

Class/Spec:

I am a bit of an altoholic and like to explore the different classes and specs. As of now, I've settled on lock. I like the malevolent mystique of the class and the hard hitting spells of destro, the dot dot of affli and the teeming minions of demo. I wanted something that would be fun to play in PVP too. I like to heal too and tank at lower keys.

Alts:

Onomatopoeia

Professions:

Enchanting and Tailoring on Lock, nothing cool about my profs...

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I've raided  a fair bit, but don't do it anymore as I tend to stop playing around 21.30 hours most nights. Helps to spend some time with important others! PVP is mostly casual, but is something I enjoy for sure.

Previous Guilds:

I joined midlife crisis on the second day of it's existence on Agamaggan many years ago. I took characters out a couple of times to do more intense raiding back in the day. The guild started to die as Agga died. We migrated to Kazzak, and have had many good years here, but now the guild is on it's knees again, very low activity. Several folks from MC have joined your guild, they are nice people and I trust their judgement :)

Availability:

I work all week, sometimes i'm on early in the morning. As previously stated normally finishing at 21.30 hours. Have a four year old so up and down during the evening too as sleeping is not something that she relishes!!

Communication:

I am proficient in English, I have discord and i can listen, i have a microphone and i use it!!

Computer / Connection:

This is my second homemade pc, it works pretty well, I don't have connection issues normally.

Addons/UI:

host of addons, GTFO and Weak Auras probably being the most important for a slow boomer..  Favourite addon is probably MDT, great piece of kit, just my memory isn't great...  I have tried pasting my screenshot here, but it does not seem to work. Happy to email to someone if necessary.

Other Games:

Europa Universalis 2, Half Life, FF 7, Age of Empires, Civilization, Neverwinter Nights, Morris Miner, Jet Set Willy, Road Rash, Racing Manager, Diablo, 1, 2, 3. Championship Manager, I don't play Counter strike, if that's what you are asking :)

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join Iron Edge because you are a reputable, active bunch of people. I am assuming i will add decent to this description in time, maybe even funny... Some of my ex guildies have joined, Pali, Io, Huggol, Imbar, good people, so i am hopeful that ye will offer a good community in which we can all actively participate.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

As a social member, I guess I'm not going to bring the extra 1k that pushes the group on to glory. But I would be present, active, decent and considerate, trying to set a good tone for the community, joining groups if asked and not getting too huffy when blanked coz i'm not at the level required ;)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Imbar and I had a chat.

Last Words?

Everyone knows the best race for warrior is Orc....

(peace)

August 20, 2021, 10:13:34 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gloam
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 10:13:34 am »
Hello Gloam,

We have been waiting for your friends to come vouch for you.
So please poke them about it! :)
Ba dun tss!

August 20, 2021, 10:31:39 pm
Reply #2

Offline Imbar

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:39 pm »
Gloam/Ono is a great guy, really enjoy playing wow with him. 

Chilled out and plays to have fun, reliable and friendly.

August 21, 2021, 07:09:38 am
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 07:09:38 am »
You can poke any officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

August 21, 2021, 09:26:47 pm
Reply #4

Offline Gloam

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 09:26:47 pm »
Thanks Guys,

I have been moving house, hence the lack of pokes and replies. See you in game.

J.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:04:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users