Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Verdicon (XR)

August 23, 2021, 01:59:56 pm
Read 3644 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Verdicon (XR)
« on: August 23, 2021, 01:59:56 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Verdicon
Server: Draenor
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Draenor/Verdicon
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hey i am Andy 35y old from belgium
I work for Volvo Ghent 5/7 days nighshifts and i have been for the last 17 years, hence the weekend raid time apply.
I also have an American stafford dogg that loves her walks so my WoW time is split into smaller windows during the week leaving room for m+ but not hardcore 4 days raiding.
I have came back WoW after a 10y+ ( i burned mid Cata ) break cause friends kept my twisting my arm over the years, eventho they have quit after KSM last season it seems i got the taste back and want more from my game

Class/Spec:

My current shaman is a reroll ( i mained war/pala in 9.0 ) i did for a weekend raiding guild located on Draenor, for now i have no other gear or proper expierience other then Elemental due to the high RDPS need
If need to be i can check for a healing OS but it will take a few weeks to get max lvl lego cause i only just finished my m+ one for elemental
Current Ilvl is 238 for raids and 239 for M+

I sim every drop and personal test adviced rotations on both dummies and normal pugg raids as the theory doesent always align with the actual practice
I know what my spells do, i know what the boss abilities do and i will act/use them accordingly
Raid = domnation slots > Int, haste, crit/vers prio
M+ = Int, crit, haste/vers
Wowloggs i have some legendary scores on normal and best avarage of 92.7
On heroic my best avarage strands at 80 atm due to lack of gear as i often top 90% parses when it comes to Ilvl

Alts:

I have a prot pala i use for the accosional m+ with guild but due to low activity is barely sees play and i cba to pugg with it right now
Not sure if i even had to mention it cause they chances that i will be transfering 2 chars are slim

Professions:

I'm not sure if there's alot of cool or special recipes left in the game
I have alch/ench : Farmed the shadestone recripe to make cauldrons but that's about as cool as it gets , for ench i have no knowledge of special recripes
Took these proffesions cause they are the most raid/dungeon relevant

Raiding Experience:

Vanila i was a PvP players, palyed R13 with SP but dident get time to combine with raiding other then MC for anathema ^^
I played a SP in TBC upto KT ( dident down that one )
LK i played as disc healer priest and prot war clearing everything including some of the HM's like sart 3 drakes ( cant remeber all relevent stuff from that time tho sorry )
Cata i formed my own guild to get into dedicated raiding with a small 10 man team as a SP, i had server first dragonwrath staff and we competed for server first kills often enough be it on a rater small server makeing us end at like world 400 smgt
Most notable in my opinion would be spine of deathwing pre nerf

Previous Guilds:

Vanila i left cause i stopped pvp
BC i got removed cause i couldent make the strict raid times went they turned it up a notch at KT
LK i stayed till end but guild dident boot back up at cata
cata i burned and quit playing for 10y
Now the relevant part for SL :
I joined <Grumpy old horde> as a social purely for the name  when i first got back into the game.
I rerolled for 9.1 and am currently in <Strange loop> as they also match my raid times with a saturday/sunday schedule.
I have the feeling it's a tad to casual/social to my norms
If an officer/leader wishes to know more we can do this in a private discord chat

Availability:

I always work mon/thu from 21u30PM to 5AM, fridays i start sooner but it will likely change to same hours in the future : This means i'm online on and off between 13h to 20h during the week
Weekends i'm online always at evenings and nights with sunday beeing the easier day to free cause RL mostly takes place on saturdays :)
If i come here i can pretty much guarantee 100% attendance

Communication:

I have all the items needs for proper voicecoms
I willl use comms when needed and i will keep my mounth shut when needed aswell

Computer / Connection:

Hope i dont jinx it now : my internet is as stable as it gets , rarely lagg or MS issues when instanced
My computer is more then ok for wow and looking at a new build inc this year

Addons/UI:

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/08/23/WoWScrnShot_082321_134726.jpg
Elvui
Biggwiggs
WA with needed pluggins
GFTO
Plater

Other Games:

Rocket league and hearthstone sometimes but it has been a while again tbh, all my time is going to WoW

Why Iron Edge?

I want to get into an active, dedicared guild envirioment with the eye on progression that i can call home

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A dedicated player who is always willing to learn more about his class that can take critisism when it's fit and always welcomes feedback beeing it good or bad
A player that loves beeing vocal on discord beeing it in raids, dungeons or just to chat with guldies
A player that always come prepared with baggs full of consumables and has red up on tactics
A player that is always on time at the entrance

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Forum

Last Words?

I am willing to reroll if needed tho it will take some catch up time ofc
I do not concider any form of social or step in slot, if i transfer it's for a mythic raiding core spot

August 24, 2021, 03:27:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Verdicon (XR)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 03:27:28 pm »
Hello Verdicon.

I really like your app and i think you'll fit the Weekend Raid perfectly.

You do, however, have slightly less experience than our raiders (talking regarding the past 1-2-3 expansions), so you'll have the chance to step up and kick ass.
Another thing is that we use DBM, not BW. You can keep using BW, but we'll need you to have DBM as well (for raid coordination).

That being said, please poke any officer for an invite once you transfer!
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:49:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 1 User
Oni