Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Kiff

October 07, 2021, 12:33:21 pm
Read 1618 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Kiff
« on: October 07, 2021, 12:33:21 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Kiff
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Kiff
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hi! I'm Paul, 33 from the UK. I work for Virgin Media and am married with 2 kids. In my spare time I go to the gym and party hard! Not really, have a wife and children, wtf is spare time?! I spend most of my time with the family or gaming. I lead a simple life and wouldn't have it any other way!

Class/Spec:

I play all 3 specs of shaman to a relatively high standard. I don't really have a main/offspec as I just play whatever I enjoy at the time or whatever the guild or group I'm in needs. Shaman has been my main since TBC so I'm pretty clued up on how to play the class. At the moment I'm playing ele for mythic + and raid cleave fights, enhance for ST or resto if we lack healers.

As I said I have played shaman for about 14 or so years now as my main so I have kept up to date with the class constantly. As ele I mainly spec for crit/vers as best I can with great sundering legendary but have windspeaker's and some haste gear for ST if required. As enhance I spec mastery with witch doctor's legendary for ST or haste with doom winds for cleave and as resto I use crit for farm/dps and mastery for progression fights.

Ele - keep LvB from capping, spending surge procs. ST make sure to ES after you've used up the surge proc to prevent from wasting.

Enhance - save DW for cleave if you can. ST use spirit wolves on cds and pray for LL procs!

Alts:

No substantial alts to shout about, I almost exclusively play shaman and only really level or gear alts on the very rare occasion I get bored of shaman. Call me old fashioned but I stick with something I enjoy and am good at and leave the class switching to the younger, better players who have a lot more time on their hands!

Professions:

I currently have engineering and inscription. I did have engi/JC since TBC up until a couple of months ago so probably got a few rare/interesting patterns lying about somewhere but with JC being absolutely pointless for some time now I made the switch to inscription as the wife wanted double the rune making capacity. It takes a VERY long time to make 400 runes at a time!

Raiding Experience:

I'll try and condense this down as much as possible as I've done a lot over the years!
Started raiding seriously during TBC and cleared all content whilst it was current. Managed to kill KJ a few days before WOTLK, so heavily nerfed but I still count it as a decent achievement! Cleared most content during WOTLK except hc ICC, I was in a hardcore 10 man guild back then and we had no hunter or DK which made Saurfang impossible so I stepped back rather than went to 25 man raiding until cata. Cleared the first tier in cata and firelands normal but took extended breaks in-between to focus on other things.
Had a fantastic time in MoP, started playing properly again in TOT where I got challenge mode golds and CE TOT and SOO. Took another break for most of WoD as I wasn't enjoying it and I wanted to focus on the family, continued to play but didn't really do much raiding. Some mythic HM and hc BRF but that's about it.
Legion I cleared most of mythic EN and did ToV but then had to take a break for almost all of NH as I had just had a baby and came back to clear most of mythic ToS.
Nothing noteworthy from BFA until EP where I joined a mate's guild to help them with mythic where we killed 4 mythic and went on to do 10/12 mythic in Ny'alotha.
Left to form my own guild from scratch at the start of SL where we cleared 3 mythic and got Sun King to below 10% before we lost a substantial amount of the roster due to the state of the game so we took a step back to hc to recruit more for 9.1. We struggled at the back end of SoD with fatescribe so went over to mythic to kill Tarragrue. After that we had another portion of the raiding team stop playing the game and could no longer continue without recruiting heavily so we stopped there!

Previous Guilds:

Passive Aggressive GM - Stopped raiding due to a lack of players.
Angry Exiles - Left the guild at the end of BFA to form a new guild with a few friends as a large portion of the guild were unhappy with where the guild was going.
These were my only guild's on Kazzak, before that I played on Draenor, Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas

Availability:

Work until 20.00ST during the week so available Monday-Thursday from 20.30 onwards, Friday is date night so never available on Fridays! Free from 19.30ST on Saturday and all day Sunday. I work 4 days a week so those other 3 I am available all day too.

Communication:

I am English so it's my first and only language. I have discord and am not afraid to use it!
Also have a working mic that I use frequently, being GM and raid leading plenty in the past means I can't be afraid to use a mic.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is decent enough. I have 2 others in the house available if I ever have any issues as both my wife and eldest son also game. I work for Virgin Media so if there's ever a network issue I can sort it myself and have 1Gig download speeds so connection isn't really an issue.

Addons/UI:

Nothing special on the addon front. Your usual raiding addons such as DBM, AA/ERT, details to track dispels, interrupts, deaths etc, whatever funky addons Elvui comes with and of course WA.

My UI for all 3 specs is very similar, most of my keybinds and toolbars for enhance and resto are hidden though to save space as they are the specs I've played the most over the years So I'll upload a pic of my Ele UI. Almost every spell and ability is keybound, the only things I have to 'click' are abilities I very rarely ever use.

https://ibb.co/D969KXs

Other Games:

Recently bought a PS5 so getting back into console playing. I have a VR headset so play games like Beat Saber, Superhot and Skyrim with a mate. Love the Far Cry and Assassin's Creed games too, recently finished Valhalla. I'll play just about anything that isn't CoD. Got nothing personal against it, just don't particularly like that genre of game too much. Also when I was a kid I had Medal of Honor Frontline which was incredible so I felt that getting in to CoD would be like cheating on MoH! Also been playing FF14 on the PC and enjoying that quite a lot.

Why Iron Edge?

Had a look at your wowprogress and guild website and liked what I saw. An established guild that I can't find a bad word to say from anyone, which is always a positive. Multiple raid teams so I'm hoping there's opportunities to move about if required and hopefully like-minded people to do mythic + and play other games with and generally just piss around with and have fun. It's the main reason I play the game.
A new home for myself and hopefully my friends from my current guild, as my main priority has been trying to keep the guys who have been loyal to myself and the guild as happy as possible and together.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A vast amount of experience playing wow, granted it's almost all been on the same char but I see that as a positive, not a negative! A very solid player with a proven track record of being able to pick up mechanics quickly and who is extremely reliable when called upon to do particular things such as interrupts, ball kicking etc.

I'm very loyal, don't guild hop (too old to do that now, I can't keep learning 30 names every few months) and know the importance of reputation so whilst I can have a laugh, give and receive banter as good as the next person I also know when to stop and where to draw the line.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Saw your post on the realm forum which lead me to wowprogress.

Last Words?

As I have stated I am currently GM of a guild that has about 6 members left. My main goal is to make sure everyone is happy and to try and keep everyone together. That being said if someone that applies doesn't get accepted for a raiding spot it wouldn't kill my desire to join, I only hope that they would be considered for a social spot for the guild as I'm sure you value loyalty as highly as I do.

Thanks for your time!

October 08, 2021, 09:08:37 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Kiff
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:08:37 pm »
Hello Kiff.

I'm really happy you guys decided to apply.
You can poke any officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 1 User
Pratiarch