Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Paladin (Healer/Tank) - Anderson

October 06, 2021, 11:27:05 pm
Read 1626 times

Applicant

Social Application - Paladin (Healer/Tank) - Anderson
« on: October 06, 2021, 11:27:05 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Anderson
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Anderson
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer/Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hello!
My name is Jacob and I'm a 29 year old guy from Sweden. I work full time. My plan, however, is to study to become a librarian.
In my free time I play video games, pet cats, craft cosplay outfits and drink tea.

I came back to WoW a month into 9.1 after quite a long break. My real life got in the way of the game but I am very happy to be back!

I am applying alongside a couple of friends from the guild Passive Aggressive. I am choosing to apply for a social spot since I lack the mythic raiding experience I believe Iron Edge is looking for. But I am interested in raiding.

Class/Spec:

Like I mentioned in my introduction I recently came back to WoW. I decided to main a new class and I simply picked the tank class that felt the most fun to play.
I have never picked a class based on what's currently considered to be the best/strongest/meta. I want a fun class that I can then use to push my own limits with.

I always gravitate towards playing tank and healer roles. I've spent most my time in WoW as a tank with a healing offspec.

Alts:

I got a druid, rogue and priest at level 60

Professions:

I got engineering on pretty much all my characters for the fun toys and for the belt enchants. For my paladin I also picked alchemy for the flask duration increase.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Before MoP I did not achieve anything worth mentioning here. But during MoP I started doing my first bit of organized raiding with a guild called The Shadowstalkers on the server Argent Dawn.
I joined Shadowstalkers during the Throne of Thunder raid and spent my time raiding with this guild all the way up to patch 8.1 and the Battle of Dazar'alor raid in BFA.

During MoP I cleared out the easier raid difficulties and then I'd usually get two or three bosses killed on the heroic difficulty. I dipped my toes into all the MoP heroic raids with Shadowstalkers.
Once mythic raiding was released in Warlords of Draenor we started killing a few early mythic bosses much in the same fashion.

Once Hellfire Citadel was released we did managed to kill every single mythic boss including Mythic Archimonde (I got the kill on the evening before the release of Legion)
Mythic Archimonde was my first cutting edge achievement. I was playing a blood death knight at the time. But considering the amount of time that Hellfire Citadel was out for I do not think this a very impressive achivement.

In Legion the guild managed to kill Mythic Xavius and Mythic Helya. But in Nighthold things slowed down and from that point forward the guild settled for clearing out heroic difficulty. I also started focusing more on mythic plus at this time.

In BFA I spent my time raiding heroic with the guild and doing a LOT of mythic plus. But since Legion I've always had an itch to try my hands at mythic raiding again.

Previous Guilds:

The Shadowstalkers
My only guild between Mop and patch 8.1 in BFA.
Reason for leaving:
Towards the end of patch 8.1 a big part of my social circle in The Shadowstalkers ended up leaving the guild or quitting the game. So I also left the guild.
Since my departure from The Shadowstalkers I've felt a bit lost and unsociable while playing WoW.

In Shadowlands I found a great group of people in the guild Passive Aggressive. At this time the guild is inactive and a small group of us decided to try out luck with Iron Edge!

I am hoping to find a community and a guild that I can call my home for many expansions to come.

Availability:

I work a very standard Monday to Friday week and 9 to 5 hour job. so I am available most evenings and weekends.

Communication:

I feel very comfortable with my English. I used discord and I have a microphone. I am willing to listen and I love to talk!

Computer / Connection:

My PC is able to play WoW at a comfortable 65-75 fps in most content. I have a fiber-optic internet connection and I've not experienced any issues on this front.
My MS on Kazzak is usually around 20-25 and I can't remember the last time I disconnected randomly while playing.

Addons/UI:

-ElvUI
 to manage my UI. Screenshot of my UI: https://i.imgur.com/hrRH78Z.jpeg

-Deadly Boss Mods
 For boss timers and warnings.

-WeakAuras
 For custom icons and tracking. I think WeakAuras is a a must-have for progression raiding as well as pushing mythic plus keys.

-Details! Damage Meter
 For tracking damage/healing and seeing my damage received when I tank. A great tool to get some insight into what went right and wrong during a fight.

-Plater
 To modify my health bars and to more easily track specific buffs and debuff on targets.

-VuhDo
 To modify my raidframes and to improve my healing. VuhDo also helps me use my class utility more efficiently.

Other Games:

I like to play smaller indigames. Right now I am hooked on Valheim!

Why Iron Edge?

I've heard only positive things about Iron Edge from inside my social circle. And that is what matters to me. I took my time to check you guys out before applying and I really like what I've seen so far.

I want to find a guild with a community that extends outside of the game. WoW will always be my main game. But without the social connection ingame I find myself not able to fully engage myself while playing.
I hope Iron Edge will be this social aspect of the game that I currently miss.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

From me you can expect a long term member that likes to be social. I will not jump ship as soon as the ride gets rocky.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about Iron Edge from a friend in my (currently inactive) guild Passive Aggressive

Last Words?

Skål!

October 08, 2021, 02:25:01 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Paladin (Healer/Tank) - Anderson
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:25:01 pm »
Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your great application! Welcome on board :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:34:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

84 Guests, 0 Users