Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Haelthenor

October 06, 2021, 12:35:10 am
Read 1836 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Haelthenor
« on: October 06, 2021, 12:35:10 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Haelthenor
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Haelthenor
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Dimitris, 32, UK. Working. Veteran player that has been playing on and off since vanila.

Class/Spec:

I main retribution and I have done so since late BT in TBC. I like the class fantasy, and that is the reason I have stuck with paladin.  I have not main tanked or healed in raids (last time was in TBC). I have previous healing M+ experience (Legion) and current tanking in M+.

I usually tend to go healer / tank for M+ content when I have a consistent group that I am playing with needs to fill that role on ocassion or that we want another person with the ability to tank or heal (for example pushing keys with alts etc).

Gear wise, retribution is my main spec, with any my off-spec gear lagging behind. Rougly, 250 as ret, 240ish as prot / holy.

For retribution, the stat weights fluctuate and therefore any potential upgrade has to be weighted against the current equipped set and any pieces in the inventory (as they say in the paladin discord "sim yo self").  As a rule of thumb, I tend to try to fit the highest ilvl gear, since strength has the highest weight, but that is not always applicable (such as necks, rings, trinkets etc.).

The retribution priority system I use is a follows:

TV / DS (capped or close to cap HP) > Judgement (if no debuff on target, not HP capped, finisher soon) > BoJ > HoW > Judgement > CS

The burst sequence (with the talents I have been using in Shadowlands) is usually:

gather 5 HP (4 if BoW is off CD) > Seraphim > Final Verdict > Execution Sentence >  Divine Toll > TV/DS > WoA > TV/DS

Alts:

I have a couple 60 level alts, but they are for professions / resource gathering.

Professions:

I currently have alchemy and enchanting. I do not have any special recipes any more, which irks me, but I had to make a choice when I realised that BS is just a gold dump with no special recipes any more...

Raiding Experience:

The following list is listed with the release of the next instance in mind (for example I have the Chosen achievement, but I did not kill Helya before Nighthold release).

Shadowlands: 3/10M SoD (Soulrender tries), 6/10M CN (Stone Legion Generals, tries).
BfA:  AotC and 2/8M pugging on Uldir, AotC pugging EP. Did not play / raid other patches.
Legion: 5/7M EN, 1/3M ToV, 6/10M NH, AotC pugging ToS, AotC pugging Antorus
WoD:  AotC HC, played a bit in Highmaul.
MoP:  Cleared SoO Mythic via openraid, final bosses in pre-patch. Did not raid in most other patches.
Cata: BoT Heroic 5/5, BD Heroic 6/6, TotFW Heroic 2/2, Firelands Heroic 6/7,  World top 50 ranks with SlashCry.
WotLK: RS Heroic 25 2/2, ICC Heroic 25 11/11, ToC 25, ToC 10 HM, Ulduar 25, Ulduar 10 HM, Naxx 25, Naxx 10
TBC: Kara, GL, Magtheridon, SC, TK, BT, SW (up until Brutalus, cleared in prepatch)
Vanilla: MC, BWL, Onyxia, ZG, AQ, Naxx tries

I raided as holy in vanilla and TBC and switched to ret around mid / end BT in TBC. I am happy to nitpick any of my achievements, but I do not have anything to bring up that was not summarised or noted to a degree above.

Previous Guilds:

The Wild Hunt: The guild stopped raiding, followed by a mass exodus.  [Shadowlands, April 2021 -]
Unguilded / Personal guild bank [Legion - Shadowlands, March 2017 - April 2021]
Nox Imperium: The guild stopped raiding, followed by a mass exodus. [Legion, August 2016 - March 2017]
Unguilded / Social member of a few Greek guilds [Mists of Pandaria - WoD]
SlashCry: stopped playing around end of Firelands (schedule issues on my part), the guild stopped raiding at the end of Cataclysm, followed by a mass exodus [Cataclysm]
WotLK:
[Guild that I have forgotten]: The guild decided to stop raiding right before Cata, mass exodus followed [end of WotLK - Cata pre-patch]
Affinity: The guild stopped raiding, followed by a mass exodus [WotLK]
Infernals: Due to recruiting issues, the guild moved server and changed name. [TBC-WotLK]
Legion of Lunatics: The guild stopped raiding, followed by a mass exodus [Vanilla - TBC]
Unguilded / Greek social guilds [Vanilla]

Availability:

I am usually available in the evenings after 20:00ST and I can schedule things around if I have suficient notice. Any unavailabilities are usually due to planned holidays.

The only things that may affect my ability to play in an unplanned manner is any delays during my commute from work, which is rare.

Communication:

Yes on all of the above

Computer / Connection:

Decent hardware and stable connection.

Addons/UI:

Tukui (UI replacement, I like to move things around)
WA (primarily for any buff tracking, as I have debuffs in a visible location)
DBM (Big Wigs has had issues in the past with the way it stores options and my screen size)
MRT  (primarily for the note function in raids)
RCLC (Was used by my previous guild for loot distribution)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/236220806252724234/889240751077204048/WoWScrnShot_091921_205759.jpg

Other Games:

Not anything else at the moment, any spare time outside of WoW I spend with family or with watching series / movies etc.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a community that I can be a part of. To that end, I am interested in a guild that can provide me with the environment to form groups outside the raiding hours, primarily for M+ and PvP content.  I feel that Iron Edge can provide me with that environment.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I have an extensive experience with the game, thus I can usually provide with an opinion on things that may or may not work, should it be required. I get up to speed with mechanics and fights relatively fast and I try to learn from my mistakes and not repeat them.

Outside of raids, I try to help people should they require it, and if I am available or I am not actively pushing for a goal in game I am happy to help.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWProgress

Last Words?

I am aware that my mythic experience in the recent expansions may not look great but unfortunately this is the way things go when most of your contacts / friend list are either not playing or play for pets and mounts only. The last attempt to gather a few groups of people in Legion did not go through to the finish line (Cutting Edge). In Shadowlands I decided (for better or for worse) to play the game seriously again and finding the right environment to do so has been challenging.

October 09, 2021, 01:40:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Haelthenor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 01:40:08 pm »
Hi Dimitris,
Thanks for putting in the application and forgive us for the wait while we considered your application. As it stands you are not what we would be looking for so I will have to decline the application at this time.

We can offer you a social position with the hopes of an opening in the main raid in the future if that interests you.
If not then we wish you the very best on your search!

October 09, 2021, 10:45:14 pm
Reply #2

Offline Haelthenor

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Haelthenor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 10:45:14 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me, unfortunately I will have to decline joining as social at this time, as I would like to attempt pushing for cutting edge this patch.  Feel free to ping me in the future should you find yourself in need of a ret paladin. I wish you good luck with your progress.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:22:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

81 Guests, 0 Users