Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Señorgrande

January 07, 2022, 04:00:56 pm
Read 2949 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Señorgrande
« on: January 07, 2022, 04:00:56 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Señorgrande
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Se%C3%B1orgrande
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Blair, I'm 28 and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I'm studying Radiotherapy and Oncology and previously studied Aeronautical Engineering.

Saying this early on so that you see it and are open minded when reading my application. I am applying for a space either in this tier, or from 9.2 as a melee, if that's not suitable, no worries, I would also consider certain ranged classes. I have linked my Warlock as it probably has the best logs/experience in this current raid tier.

Class/Spec:

I played both Destro and Afflication, yet affliction was purely in M+ with the boots and night Fae combo. It was about 251 ilvl, lacking dom gear and sockets.

I actually switched to play Enhance in So Far Behind who is world rank 800 or so, but I was on the bench to play enhance whilst they were progging on Sylvanas. Due to the content drought, rerolling from Warlock mid-tier and just generally not finding anything to do in-game during this time, I took a break and said I'd come back to CE raiding in 9.2

In terms of Destro, the last time it was a Haste/Mastery build that was heavily favored, however, I always have raidbots premium and my gear was simmed before every raid for those encounters. As destro, cleave fights I would typically go for some more haste so that my havoc windows would generate more shards, and that was I could pump in more chaos bolts to priority targets.

The thing I loved with Destro was the havoc windows with pooling shards and then doing massive single target damage. In my logs, for example, you'll see that I was typically quite high, if not top on priority target damage and that is what my class is good at. On AoE fights, typically speccing more mastery for rain of fire damage was the way to go, but Crit was also quite important for shard generation in these scenarios also.

Alts:

My Shaman as mentioned before. https://raider.io/characters/eu/kazzak/Marvingaye

Professions:

My Warlock has Engineering, which I took to get Jeeves and Jewelcrafting as a moneymaker at the start of the previous tier.

Raiding Experience:

My first real raid was back in WotLK where I killed LK as a Disc Priest. After that, I floated around some guilds on Kazzak and then found my home with Vanguard on Kazzak and raided with them from Throne of Thunder. We got World rank 151 in that tier. Due to work etc, I was on and off from WoD and then really picked up raiding again in Ny’alotha with Pixelbased Lifeforms who are also on Kazzak. When I left, it was to play as Ele shaman for Laid Back who were around world 550 when I was accepted.  I left them due to Elemental feeling really, really bad at the start and  the whole legendary from the final world boss on rotation made me swap to Enhance. I ended up falling behind the pack in terms of gear and raided pretty casually with guilds who have since disbanded and then The Dambusters who are essentially a social guild who raid. A lack of attendance and a thirst for more has led me to apply back to CE raiding again. I played Enhance/Ele with From Ashes in Castle Nathria and got CE with them. Ended up playing WL in Once Again as their raid times suited me when I was with them, but I had to change jobs as the company folded and it meant late-night no longer worked. That's when I main swapped and joined So Far Behind to bench for them as they progged Sylvanas, but the content drought made me take a break.

Previous Guilds:

Answered in the previous paragraph but happy to clarify if needed.

Availability:

Your raid times are absolutely perfect for me. I generally play most days so that weeklies and dailies are done and I tend to do some M+ on the side. I only have a holiday booked for January 2023 to Thailand for 2 weeks, a small holiday to Amsterdam for a gig in November, and 2 days in Manchester in March/April, I can't quite remember.

Communication:

Yep, being Scottish, English is my main language. I have a perfectly functioning headset and I'm vocal.

Computer / Connection:

I have a well specced computer that can run this game quite well and I have a stable connection 100% of the time unless it's a game problem/server problem on Blizzard's side.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/4gFrD5c

So, this is a scuffed image as I was asked to play Ele last second on the first day of Sire Prog after playing enhance all tier, hence the icons everywhere but I'll explain.

SUF - clean unit frames which are easily customizeable to my liking.
Weak Auras - Obvious reasons here - mandatory for boss mechanics in modern raiding alongside spell tracking.
Big Wigs - my preffered boss ability timers.
Details! - My preffered damage meter as it's well maintained and it's easy to navigate and check priority target damage, HS/Health Pout usage and deaths etc.
Bartender - Again purely for neatness.
Hekili - Some people shit on this, but it acts like a weakaura to me as a prompt when a key spell is back up.

Other Games:

I play League of Legends, some Dota 2, OSRS, and Hearthstone when the expansion isn't an absolute disgrace.

Why Iron Edge?

Your raid times are good for me, you have CE experience players and you are a well established guild on Kazzak.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A CE experienced player. Someone who comes to raids prepared with flasks/food/gems/enchants and pre-simmed raid gear and sets.

Someone who is reliable, almost 100% attendance and is willing to put in the time and effort to help out with keys in M+ etc, and even off role if a group needs it.

I'm someone who has played different specs and classes in the last tier and expansion with different roles too, so I have experience there.

Someone who is also willing to reroll to what the guild may require come 9.2 and is open to playing ranged dps once again, even though they have a preferrence in playing melee.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I've been on Kazzak for about 12 years and I remember your name for a long, long time.

Last Words?

Logs for previous characters and raids: My Paladin's logs where I played Ret + Holy when needed in Ny'alotha (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/c%c3%a9linedion?zone=24&new=true#).

I then played Enhance Sham with a social guild in CN and later join From Ashes to play Ele but their raid times no longer suited. Logs as enhance/ele. (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/marvingaye?zone=28&new=true#zone=26) . )  

Logs for my WL (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/44578746)

January 07, 2022, 04:09:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Señorgrande
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:09:29 pm »
I meant to mention this in the application also.

To prepare for raids I generally look at a select few players who perform well in their class from the tier. For example, when I played Ret paladin in Ny'alotha, I followed Meq, Ranishka, Danbtw and I would look at their logs before fights to see cooldown usage, cast priority and then compare my performances before and after raids. In terms of talents specifically, I'll always check if I need a certain talent for the fight such as windrush, or if I can choose something more defensive. If I'm free to go offensive, I'd use feral rush for more uptime. It's really dependant on the raid comp, alongside my role on the fight. Generally never run the same talents due to roster swaps and cooldown changes for the raid setup.

My Paladin probably has the better logs for you to delve into, which was played in Ny'alotha. When I played my Paladin I actually had quite a bit of responsibility as I was playing with Pixelbased Lifeforms and I was in charge of freedom callings Shad'har, group leading kick rotations on Xanesh, and taking responsibilities on N'zoth and trying to help with CD's and tactics during progress, helping out healing on N'zoth when we wanted extra kills and we never had the roster.

January 07, 2022, 08:39:18 pm
Reply #2

Online Cnackaa

• Guild Member

• Cnackaa

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 08:39:18 pm »
Hello Blair,

Seeing how you've hopped through some "try-hard" guilds that were pushing for world rankings, I feel it's necessary to warn you that the atmosphere in Iron Edge is much more relaxed. Our goal is to get CE while having fun. And while we do our best to do it in a timely manner, we refrain from putting emphasis on world rankings, parses, logs etc.

Best of luck on your application!

January 07, 2022, 09:06:56 pm
Reply #3

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 09:06:56 pm »
Hey Cnackaa,

Thanks for your reply.

I value raiding atmosphere over anything else, hence why I was in Vanguard for so long. They were a 2-day raiding guild and never went to 3. Any 2-day guild that has the same or better progress than a 3-4 day guild is worth its weight in gold, which is a big reason why I looked at Iron Edge.

As I get older and studies intensify, the balance of playing and real-life balance gets more important than raiding 3+ days a week.

I appreciate the heads up but trust me, I feel like I've not made any mistakes in making an application.

All the best,

Blair

January 08, 2022, 04:01:18 pm
Reply #4

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 04:01:18 pm »
Hiyo Blairwully,

Good to see that you have this attitude when it comes to raiding, because as Cnackaa said our goal is to get CE before the end of the tier. I like your application as well and would like to offer you a trial spot for our raid as a ranged, as the melee roster is full. You can poke me or any other officers online for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

January 09, 2022, 02:11:28 pm
Reply #5

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 02:11:28 pm »
Hey pal,  I'm really sorry, but I've found a guild who is taking me in on a melee spot for 9.2 which is my preferred role. I've accepted to join them and wish you guys all the best for the future content.

June 28, 2022, 11:03:59 am
Reply #6

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 11:03:59 am »
Bump -

Looking to come back to raiding after being in a car accident and not playing for a few months. Would consider rerolling if this would interest you.

June 30, 2022, 09:24:04 pm
Reply #7

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 09:24:04 pm »
Hi again,

Really sorry to hear about the car accident and hope it wasn't too serious and there's no lingering effects from it. Previously you declined to join us since another guild accepted you as a melee, which was more preferable to you, so would you still want to join us as a melee or ranged?

July 01, 2022, 10:55:04 am
Reply #8

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 10:55:04 am »
Hey there,

Thanks for the well wishes, much appreciated! Im actually much better now, no serious injuries or any lingering affects thankfully, mostly was a painful back, but that’s subsided.

Well, I would honestly prefer melee. I have a 265ish ilvl Ret Paladin that I could gear towards 9.3 even, or another melee class you may prefer?

If that doesn’t work then my warlock isn’t too terribly far behind, and I would consider playing another ranger class that you may prefer, but I would need to gear it ofcourse.

Happy to trial from 9.3.

July 04, 2022, 05:09:47 pm
Reply #9

Offline blairwully

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 05:09:47 pm »
Not to rush or anything like that, but do you think a decision will be made tonight/tomorrow so I can get my +15 in for the chest?

July 04, 2022, 05:53:02 pm
Reply #10

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 05:53:02 pm »
Hi again,

Sorry for the delay. We can take you on as the melee of your preference and start your trial when the next patch drops. You can poke me or any other officer in-game for an invite  :D

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:40:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 1 User
Cnackaa