Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Astryal

January 05, 2022, 09:29:17 pm
Read 1975 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Astryal
« on: January 05, 2022, 09:29:17 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Astryal
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Astryal
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Tea
Frankfurt DE and Zagreb CRO
Economics and management

Class/Spec:

atm I play only destro (ilvl 250) but I am learning how to play demo.

Haste and mastery
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/astryal?zone=28&new=true#difficulty=4

Alts:

I have most classes on max lvl.

Professions:

alchemy so I can get a higher duration of flasks.

Raiding Experience:

SOD 10/10 Heroic
9/10 Mythic (first 3 I went with a pug, but other bosses I saw only once as I went with my guild when they had an empty spot so I would just note it as a learning run)

Previous Guilds:

Gramno - Sylvanas (ally) fell apart
At the moment I am in Albino Toilet Boys (Kazzak Horde), and while they are my irl friends, I don't like the atmosphere in the raids.

Availability:

Flexible, I am mostly online in the evening (from around 18) but can get on earlier if needed.

Communication:

Yes, yes and yes.

Computer / Connection:

Hight performance PC and good internet connection which causes problems extremely rare.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/7w8Ist0

Details for dmg
BigWigs
GTFO (if I happen to stand in shit it will yell at me)
Method Raid Tools
Plater
+ weak auras ofc

Other Games:

The witcher 3, cyberpunk, the elder scrolls, cs:go, assassins creed,

Why Iron Edge?

I loved your wowprogress profile and felt like Iron Edge is a mature community I could fit in well.
I'm also interested in the main raid, but understand that it might be some time until I have a shot for that spot.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I bring cookies (without having to beg for them) and stylish tmogs. On a serious note, I am adaptable, learn fast and don't make the same mistakes over and over again.
I am fairly new to a warlock main and from here I can only get better with time and practice. Would love to be able to progress from the beginning of the next raid as I won't be quitting as soon as I get an achievement.  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I searched far and wide to find a guild which seems welcoming. wow progress helped.  

Last Words?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/869278713014026320/892067062778843156/bongo-cat-warlock.gif

January 06, 2022, 09:52:11 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Astryal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 09:52:11 pm »
Hello Astryal,

Can you tell me what happened in your current guild?
You seem to only have 1 kill on the later, more difficult bosses.

Also, the Weekend Raid is currently on a break till 9.2. Just throwing that out there, in case you were hoping to raid asap :)
Ba dun tss!

January 07, 2022, 12:56:28 pm
Reply #2

Offline Karma

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 12:56:28 pm »
Hi Xormn!

Nothing really happened in my current guild, as I said most of the core raiders in it are my real-life friends. The core group in my guild is pretty much set with members and already has more than enough warlocks/dps, and another group which is a social group struggles with clearing heroic without the help of the core group. That is why I feel like I should switch a guild and find a community where I can actually play mythic raid content and progress with them instead of being condemned to a said social group. I can always go for an m+ run with my buddies when I feel like it, but I think I should have a place to push myself and progress in raiding as well.  :D

I noted in Raiding Experience that I have killed the first 3-4 bosses with a random pug group, and for the latter bosses I was invited when the core group was lacking players which were available to raid that day. Hence me saying I treat those kills more like a learning run, to actually experience what is happening in mythic on those bosses. I would love to try redoing those bosses several times again to really get into it, but it is what is it they are selling runs now so they don't need a mythic learner in their group.  ;D

While I was secretly hoping to raid asap, I don't mind waiting for the next patch. That is a realistic expectation which I already had while searching for a guild this late into a patch.

TLDR I was in a social group which was bad so I just pugged stuff both full heroic and first 3-4 bosses mythic. The core group invited me to reclear when they had a dps not showing up so I got 9/10M with sad logs.

- Astryal

January 07, 2022, 08:20:19 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 08:20:19 pm »
Seems good to me then.

You can poke an officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 0 Users