Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Cwhy

July 29, 2022, 12:16:20 pm
Read 2305 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Cwhy
« on: July 29, 2022, 12:16:20 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cwhy
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Cwhy
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Jonas Audenaert
Belgium - Flanders
Business owner &  contractor of a medium sized company
Married & father of 2 kids
My spare time gets filled by either gaming or going for some drinks with friends

Class/Spec:

Able to play a multitude of classes and able to adapt according to the guilds needs.

Unholy & frost dk are my main specs, currently sitting around 274 ilvl as I rerolled hunter/lock last season since I mainly focused on m+ then.

Having played DK since it's inception with wotlk I've been maining the class for a long time now, and can safely say I know all the in's & outs to perform well in mostly pve environments.

Alts:

Able to play and master any class or spec (preferably dps role) in a reasonably short amount if deemed necessary for the guilds needs.
I currently have

276 survival hunter
270 destro lock
265 frost mage

Other classes are for the most part leveled but not geared to todays standards (which is easy to do in a few days anyway)

Professions:

Alchemy/Blacksmithing or engineering on most characters

Raiding Experience:

Raided top 100 for a long time from Vanilla all the way up to early cataclysm on different server(s). Played resto shaman untill wotlk and swapped to DK than.
Experienced in guild management and leading for quiet a bit as I used to be a long-standing officer and co-gm of said guild for roughly 2.5 years starting from late TBC up to early cata.
I took a long break after that due to different priorities and burnout of the game, and started playing again in Legion where I joined a fairly casual guild.
Stopped playing shortly after clearing Nighthold on heroic and progressing a few bosses on mythic.
After that I started playing again in the last patch of BFA (hated the release since classes felt super bad to play early on) and got CE in Nya.
With the release of shadowlands I joined the officer team, but due to recruitment difficulties only got up to denathrius but never got CE. The same issues continued in SoD where it was hard to find capable people and we decided to disband a few bosses into the raid tier.
I joined a few different guilds after that, and progressed untill sylvanas but every one of them decided to stop at that point since no one seemed to enjoy the fight, which made me decide to take a break as well. I started playing again, roughly 1 month after the release of 9.2 and ever since, mainly did m+ on a fairly casual basis (3350 score on hunter).
Since the upcoming patch looks to be refreshing and interesting, I decided to focus on raiding again, and as such am looking for a healthy guild with a likeminded attitude and mindset as myself.

Previous Guilds:

See above

Availability:

Even though I'm a business owner, I try to keep my work with reasonable timeframes in order to keep a healthy social life, hobbies and family.
I'm available most days from 19:30 until late at night.

Communication:

Able to talk to discord for obvious reasons, my English is more than sufficient for proper communication (I hope) :)

Computer / Connection:

Computer is reasonably up to date (~2 years), and I have a solid internet connection. 20-30 ms.

Addons/UI:

Using the obvious addons like bigwigs, details, weakauras, GTFO, MRT, plater, omniCD, simc, etc..
My UI is something I find very important as it can greatly assist in how well a person plays, and mine has been mostly customised by myself for optimal play.

Other Games:

Nothing specific, I tend to stick to 1 game only.

Why Iron Edge?

I used to play with Batibath, and he had positive things to say about your guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A reliable person who tries his best in optimising his character(s) and gameplay.
I rarely or almost never run late, am always prepared with full consumables, and do research beforehand.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Batibath

Last Words?

I'm not only looking for a guild to raid with, but a community to hang out with on discord besides raids :)
I can always hop on discord if you want to have a chat before you make a decision!

July 30, 2022, 06:20:49 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Cwhy
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 06:20:49 pm »
Hi Jonas,

Thanks for applying.

You mention that you're not just looking for a raid but rather a community to join which is good to hear as that's something we definitely have on offer here and something we value.

With your interest also being in season 4 raiding, it does give cause for concern since the season 4 changes for raiding are being considered a filler more than something that will be long term. If this 'refreshing and interesting' experience is the key interest for you, I would like to know what your stance will be when it goes back to just straight-up Mythic raiding without the '+' features. What are your feelings on raiding in general since you opted to not raid in 9.2?

I would suggest reaching out to Batibath to vouch for you too. A vouch can go a long way.

We usually expect a screenshot of your UI and with how you've described yours, we would love to see that! :D

Hope to hear back soon,

- Shimmar

July 31, 2022, 09:19:03 pm
Reply #2

Offline Batibath

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 09:19:03 pm »
I have no problem vouching for this man.

I've been playing with him for the last few years as he was an officer in my last guild.

He's a very good player with loads of experience and you can never have enough Belgians in your guild am I right?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:21:33 pm by Batibath »

August 01, 2022, 10:44:32 am
Reply #3

Offline Cwhy

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 10:44:32 am »
Hi Jonas,

Thanks for applying.

You mention that you're not just looking for a raid but rather a community to join which is good to hear as that's something we definitely have on offer here and something we value.

With your interest also being in season 4 raiding, it does give cause for concern since the season 4 changes for raiding are being considered a filler more than something that will be long term. If this 'refreshing and interesting' experience is the key interest for you, I would like to know what your stance will be when it goes back to just straight-up Mythic raiding without the '+' features. What are your feelings on raiding in general since you opted to not raid in 9.2?

I would suggest reaching out to Batibath to vouch for you too. A vouch can go a long way.

We usually expect a screenshot of your UI and with how you've described yours, we would love to see that! :D

Hope to hear back soon,

- Shimmar

Hello Shimmar,

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my application and understandable concerns.

To put it simple, I always enjoyed whatever type of end-game content has been offered and been played thus far. Unfortunately, the past 2 raid tiers were difficult to overcome due to the dwindeling playerbase making it very difficult to find a reliable raiding team. Having to constantly look for, or wait for new players to replace the people quitting has been frustrating (even has a regular raider, and not just as an officer) and has caused me to burn out in this expansion generally speaking.
Although I've raided in some high-end guilds in the past, I do not mind having a slower, more steady progress as long as the core team itself is reliable.
Next patch is indeed a filler, but also something completely new which sparked my interest (as with -probably- many others).
I never really intended to raid in 9.2, but had some friends who started playing again, and wanted to have some fun in m+ and asked me to join them. Combined with the fact that I started late into the patch, and I much rather would join from the very beginning of a raid tier, I decided to not focus on raiding this time and only cleared heroic.

For Dragonflight, I'm expecting to raid mythic as usual, and fill with m+ for gearing / enjoyment if they follow their regular path of progress for said expansion.

I couldn't find a recent screenshot as I did a fresh reinstall and a lot of elements are hidden outside of pve/combat but I'll post a screenshot of me on a dummy to give you a general idea. The setup is pretty straightforward, but efficient.

https://i.imgur.com/b2GhzB6.jpg

Sorry for the late response, but I wasn't at home this weekend since it were the last days of my vacation. ;)

August 03, 2022, 02:12:43 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 02:12:43 pm »
Hi Jonas,

That response will do me! You can  poke an officer for an invite

Welcome to the team and look forward to seeing what you've got tomorrow!

Cheers,
Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:25:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 0 Users