Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Oslo Massacre

July 25, 2011, 11:52:10 pm
Reply #15

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Oslo Massacre
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »
Its the same in denmark. Forvaring is basically locking a guy a up and considering if he is safe to release every 10 years or so.

Bears like alts!

July 26, 2011, 01:20:54 am
Reply #16

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:54 am »
It's pretty safe to say that this guy will never set foot outside a prison/institution ever again :p

July 26, 2011, 01:40:09 am
Reply #17

Offline velvetgeisha

• Former Member

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:09 am »
what he did is disgusting..i actually sat down and read his "manifesto" he seriously borders on psychosis and i am so afraid to even think he will highly possibly get away with the insanity plea..

July 26, 2011, 12:55:38 pm
Reply #18

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »
I told you that the Scandinavian nationalism is bad...!

Obviously it doesn't excuse this atrocity, but still -- if he really did it because he's 'afraid' of the muslims... that's probably something to talk about. How on earth do you get to that point? Imagine how much he must hate muslims if he is willing to kill 100+ of his own countrymen...

This has nothing to do with his beliefs, political opinions or plans.

This has everything to do with him being a mass-murdering fuckhead.
Trolls are awesome!

July 26, 2011, 01:14:54 pm
Reply #19

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:54 pm »
Indeed.

Whats worse, an attention seeking one. The Norwegian Courts have done well in making it a closed court, and limiting his contact with the press.

They really should just execute him; but if they can't just lock him away, for life, and don't allow any visitors.

July 26, 2011, 02:49:13 pm
Reply #20

Offline velvetgeisha

• Former Member

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:13 pm »
to be honest the best punishment for someone like him would be life time in solitary no contact with anyone from the outside so he cannot "enjoy his fame" as he see's it.

July 26, 2011, 03:02:31 pm
Reply #21

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 03:02:31 pm »
We dont want to execute a guy like that, that would make him a martyr for some people. Then he would have fansites all over -.-

Bears like alts!

July 26, 2011, 03:09:07 pm
Reply #22

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »
Yep, solitary confinement for 60+ years definitely sounds like a plan (though I don't know if that'd be allowed by law!)

Palmar - you don't just wake up, have a psychotic break, and murder 100 people. Or you can, I guess, but he wouldn't have said all that stuff about Islam, or written a manifesto, if he didn't think it would create an effect.

Put it this way, he might not personally hate muslims -- but he almost certainly knows that there's an underlying 'Scandinavia is afraid of immigrants' sentiment.

To put it another way, he almost certainly did it to create as big an effect as possible -- and he decided that the whole muslim thing was the right angle for that purpose. He could've killed people in the name of Nazis, or Jews, or paedophiles, or Christians -- but he chose muslims.
Now I run a tech website.

July 26, 2011, 03:20:19 pm
Reply #23

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 03:20:19 pm »
I think the point is that the scandinavian nationalism is about as relevant of this psychos act as islam has on religious wars.

If anything as a scandinavian I'm actually a bit proud after this act, there's no surge of revenge, no outrages on HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? in our magazines (atleast not the respectable ones) and no general anger over this, just sadness.

It's a sad thing that happened, but it happened due to some random fuckhead that might aswell have been leftwing/muslim/jew fighting for some other cause.

Scandinavian nationalism, disregarding our cultural disease that is the Jantelaw, in general is a pretty good thing - our nationalistic thinking (especially Norway) is generally that we're considered pretty nice dudes and should be less douchey towards our fellow men. Another thing I'd like to comment on is that I don't think any scandinavian country is afraid of immigrants, but the general aspect of the immigration politics we enforce are horribly frowned upon.

Most intelligent people in Sweden are well aware that a big portion of Swedens wealth and wellbeing is built upon the backs of hardworking earnest immigrants and the only thing that sucks are leechers of the system. Which is equally disliked, disregarding the colour of your skin.

So, to scoot back to the general point, if anything this shooting proves that Scandinavian nationalism is great. As tragic as this whole ordeal is, we're all just mourning over the loss instead of pointing fingers towards irrelevant targets of society that shares the less extreme views as this delusional looney.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

July 26, 2011, 03:38:04 pm
Reply #24

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »
Good post nach, I concur!

Personally, I'm megacurious on how this could happen, but realise that it's for the best to leave it be and mourne the losses.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 26, 2011, 03:40:46 pm
Reply #25

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 03:40:46 pm »
Yep, solitary confinement for 60+ years definitely sounds like a plan (though I don't know if that'd be allowed by law!)

Palmar - you don't just wake up, have a psychotic break, and murder 100 people. Or you can, I guess, but he wouldn't have said all that stuff about Islam, or written a manifesto, if he didn't think it would create an effect.

Put it this way, he might not personally hate muslims -- but he almost certainly knows that there's an underlying 'Scandinavia is afraid of immigrants' sentiment.

To put it another way, he almost certainly did it to create as big an effect as possible -- and he decided that the whole muslim thing was the right angle for that purpose. He could've killed people in the name of Nazis, or Jews, or paedophiles, or Christians -- but he chose muslims.

That's exactly my point, he was a mass murdering obsessive fuckhead, sure, this guy chose to obsess about muslims, but it could really have been anything.

So, the first thing that guy wants and the last thing we should do, is to actually consider his political opinions.
Trolls are awesome!

July 26, 2011, 03:45:17 pm
Reply #26

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:17 pm »
Good post nach, I concur!

Personally, I'm megacurious on how this could happen, but realise that it's for the best to leave it be and mourne the losses.

Mix together psychopathy, intelligence and obsession.

Apparently the Norwegian intelligence service had noted the amount of fertilizer that guy was buying.

I mean, while I don't think anyone wants a sick fuck like this guy to affect our politics, I think it's something scandinavia and europe needs to come to terms with. More money needs to be spent on defense, security and intelligence, Europe total spends less than half of what the USA spends.
Trolls are awesome!

July 26, 2011, 03:48:02 pm
Reply #27

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »
Nationalism is always bad IMO.

This does not prove anything about scandinavian nationalism, but that Norway is a good functioning democracy that should be applauded.

Bears like alts!

July 26, 2011, 03:49:39 pm
Reply #28

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 03:49:39 pm »
I agree, the worst thing we can do is put this guy on a soap box or listen to his manifesto - I'm just saying that he almost certainly chose muslims because he wanted to create the biggest effect possible.

It isn't about the 'intelligent people', Nach. The liberals (which make up most intelligent people) aren't going to be the ones shouting 'CLOSE THE BORDERS!'.

It will be the conservative, nationalistic 'dumb' people who were being targeted by this murderer.
Now I run a tech website.

July 26, 2011, 03:51:35 pm
Reply #29

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
I only think that Nationalism that excludes is bad, nationalism that includes isn't bad at all.

I used to work with a greek that really felt at home in Sweden and felt included into our society immediately in the early 80's when he first came here - he considers himself a part of Sweden and considers himself a Swedish nationalist in the same regard.

So I don't think it's the nationalism per se that's bad, I think being able to be proud of your origin and also being proud of where you currently are, not only geographically but also culturally is really great.

Inclusive nationalism is fine, "Scandinavia is great, come join us!" - it's when things turn into "You better be born in Scandinavia you knave or you ain't worth shit" that shit turns ugly.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:54:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

248 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93