Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 70 Rogue application

May 02, 2007, 10:03:39 pm
Read 7597 times

Offline Doomblade

• Former Member

70 Rogue application
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:03:39 pm »
Hello Iron Edge

I am applying to you with my lvl 70 undead rogue Doomblade playing on Dunemaul.

Personal Information
My real name is Niklas, Im 18 years old and live in a small town in Denmark. Im currently studying on a gymnasium (closest resemblance would be a high school) in the same class as the huntard also known as Gerdi. Im on my last year and got my finishing exams in a few weeks, after that im planning to spend a well earned vacation until the social authority drags me screaming out of my house and tells me to continue educating myself.

Character Information
As I mentioned earlier- I am the happy owner of a lvl 70 undead rogue. Ive done my finest, to gear him up outside of raid instants because Ive spend most of my TBC time in a guild with some raiding troubles, but more about that later. Im abit of a PvP person and Ive obtained the warlord rank aswell as keeping my hunger for PvP through my entire game time. So basically Ive tried to collect some really nice PvE gear, aswell as some good PvP gear. This is the gear I am currently using in raids and instants:

http://ctprofiles.net/5121893 (Since armory is bugged to oblivion…)

I decided to post my gear here aswell for the lazy ppl that go zomg loading time on ctprofiles makes me sad panda: 

PvE Gear:   
Head: [wowitem]Stealther's Helmet of Second Sight[/wowitem] + 34 AP / +16 Hit
Neck: [wowitem]Traitor's Noose[/wowitem]
Shoulder: [wowitem]Shoulderpads of Assassination[/wowitem] + 13 Crit Rating
Back: [wowitem]Cloak of the Inciter[/wowitem] + Getting 12 agi
Chest: [wowitem]Hauberk of Karabor[/wowitem] + 6 Stats
Bracer: [wowitem]Spymistress's Wristguards[/wowitem] 24 Ap
Hands: [wowitem]Handgrips of Assassination[/wowitem] + 26 Ap
Belt: [wowitem]Socrethar's Girdle[/wowitem]
Leggins: [wowitem]Oilcloth Breeches[/wowitem]
Feet: [wowitem]Fel Leather Boots[/wowitem]
Ring: [wowitem]Violet Signet[/wowitem]
Ring: [wowitem]Band of the Exorcist[/wowitem]
Trinket: [wowitem]Core of Ar'kelos[/wowitem]
Trinket: [wowitem]Bladefist's Breadth[/wowitem]

Weapon MH: [wowitem]Gladiator's Right Ripper[/wowitem] + Mongoose
Weapon OH: [wowitem]Gladiator's Shiv[/wowitem] + WC – Immune Disarm
Ranged: [wowitem]Sethekk Feather-Darts[/wowitem]

I didnt enchant some items because I assume that I will get a better one soon, by doing certain heroics and stuff. I might have a few PvP gems, which I will replace if required. This also applies for my talent spec where I have a few PvP talents like Imp. Expose Armor, Nerves of Steel and Deflection – Riposte.   

PvP Gear (Incase anyone is interested)
Head: [wowitem]Stealther's Helmet of Second Sight[/wowitem] + 34 AP / +16 Hit
Neck: [wowitem]Traitor's Noose[/wowitem]
Shoulder: [wowitem]Shoulderpads of Assassination[/wowitem] + 13 Crit Rating
Back: [wowitem]Cloak of the Inciter[/wowitem] + Getting 12 Agi
Chest: [wowitem]Chestguard of the Dark Stalker[/wowitem] + 150 Hp
Bracer: [wowitem]Spymistress's Wristguards[/wowitem] + 24 Ap
Hands: [wowitem]High Warlord's Leather Gloves[/wowitem] + Getting 26 Ap
Belt: [wowitem]General's Leather Belt[/wowitem]
Leggins: [wowitem]High Warlord's Leather Legguards[/wowitem] + 30 Sta / 10 Agi
Feet: [wowitem]The Master's Treads[/wowitem] + Minor Speed
Ring: [wowitem]Conquerer's Band[/wowitem]
Ring: [wowitem]Band of the Exorcist[/wowitem]
Trinket: [wowitem]Ancient Draenei War Talisman[/wowitem]
Trinket: [wowitem]Bladefist's Breadth[/wowitem]

Weapon MH: [wowitem]Gladiator's Right Ripper[/wowitem] + Mongoose
Weapon OH: [wowitem]Gladiator's Shiv[/wowitem] + WC – Immune Disarm
Ranged: [wowitem]Sethekk Feather-Darts[/wowitem]

Attunements:
Karazhan: Yep.
The Eye: Nope (Starting the cipher of damnation quest within a day or two.)
Serpentshire Cavern: Nope (Got the quest: Need Grull and Nightbane down)
The Black Temple: Nope.
Hyjal: Nope.

Raiding
I am a few weeks away of my graduation. After that, the summer holiday is here and then my holiday year where ill be working, which means I will have time to play pretty much every day besides maybe wedensday or the weekend evenings which means I can raid in the afternoon.

More specific times after my graduation:

Mondays: Free
Tuesdays: Free
Wednesdays: Might have an appointment around the evening.
Thursdays: Free
Fridays: Free, except maybe for the evening.
Saturday: Free, except maybe for the evening.
Sundays: Free

This might change abit though. Since Im not sure of my working times after the holiday it might depend abit, but basically I should be in the day hours and thereby be free to raid in the evenings.

I dont mind spending alot of time grinding pots and gold to supply my repair costs. I am currently working on my last skill points in mining and I stopped lvl’ing my enginnering when I achieved a certain item (Jumper cables for the win, I r ressor). This means I am selling all the stuff I get on AH, which is a very reliable source of gold. Not to mention fist spec = grind bot.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history.
My interest in Blizzard games started with Diablo and after that it just went on with Diablo 2, Warcraft (2+3+TFT), Starcraft. Beside that Ive been playing pretty much all the classic FPS like CS, HL2, BF1942 and so on.

I started playing WoW after a friend introduced me to the beta. When it hit the stores I got it and started lvl’ing a warlock on dunemaul. I was in one of the old school guilds on Dunemaul called The Bastards while lvl’ing, but after I reached 60 it disbanded and reformed into DH. Instead of following some of the old members who joined DH, I managed to get a spot in Ravenous, which was competing with BR to be the 2nd best guild on the server at that time. 
I was with Ravenous through BWL and AQ and decided to take a break from the game in summer 2006. After the vacation, TM migration had made ½ of the old members from Rave, many of them my friends, leave for TM. So even though I was offered to return to Ravenous, I decided to throw my time on a new found passion for PvP on my rogue alt. I farmed for several months and went through alot of pain and misery to achieve rank 13. After that I started farming Silithus like a madman in order to get Earthstrike (which I threw away after 3 days of TBC… The irony).

TBC arrived and I decided to go abit casual (shame on me). So I joined the guild Storm in which I had a good IRL friend. They had been progressing really nice through BWL despite the fact that they were casual so I was pleased to get in. Sadly TBC went really wrong for the guild. We ended up having officers in 1 Karazhan raid and the rest of the guild doing nothing because most of the members had not done the attunement quest. This brought alot of trouble to the guild and even though Storm is getting back on track I realised that I had a really big problem with playing casual.

Since I was’nt raiding I did alot of PvP, instants, jumping in Orgrimmar and whatever could increase my /played. So I wasted alot of time and played even more than I would like too because I didnt have a raid schedule which I could stick too. Besides wasting alot of my time, my goal was to gather a nice bunch of equipment, despite my low possibility to raid. If you feel like I just wasted alot of your time and prevented you from gathering a nice bunch of equipment, despite your high posibility to raid, whisper me and ill send you a /hug ingame.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
As mentioned earlier, I realised I suck at playing casual and didnt have a raid schedule to stick too. And after Gerdi yelling at me that I should learn to raid and join Iron Edge I decided to give it a go. I want to join Iron Edge because I enjoy being among the first to do raid encounters on the server and work to complete these. I want to join Iron Edge because I have friends in it aswell as the fact, that Ive meet a large part of the players in the guild and they turned out to be really friendly, skilled and entertaining personalities. And finally to avoid this being 3 pages of ass licking I don’t mind to run around in l33t shiny epix while having Iron Edge tagged over my head. ;)     

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer a dedicated and descent-geared rogue, considering I nearly haven’t been raiding, that has been playing this game since its dawn and experienced pretty much all of its aspects. While grinding for my warlord and ES I set a goal and spend time on achieving it and Id like to do the same with my raiding even though there might be up’s and down’s. I play this game for the moments you experience when you have been working for something a long time and finally harvest the fruits of it.

Last word?

Einstein decided to throw his passion elsewhere after E=mc^2, ill let him get the last word.

/Doomblade

PS: Ive chosen to apply for raider even though I am pretty certain that you dont need rogues atm. Since this is the situation at the moment I would be more than happy to join your F&F squad to enjoy your company and perhaps try to prove myself worthy incase a raider spot appears.   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:20:18 pm by Doomblade »

May 02, 2007, 11:07:09 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: 70 Rogue application
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:07:09 pm »
Have't read this wall of text yet (as im in middle of raid), but just wanna say I've played with him a few times and he's a pretty good rogue and a nice guy!

GL!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 02, 2007, 11:36:26 pm
Reply #2

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:36:26 pm »
That is one hell of a nice application, best I've seen so far. Also, you're danish which makes me happy.. Held og lykke !

Lobsteer out!

May 02, 2007, 11:52:11 pm
Reply #3

Offline Doomblade

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:52:11 pm »
Thanks for the support mate  :) og tak for opbakningen Lobsteer  ;)

May 03, 2007, 12:01:36 am
Reply #4

Offline Narbol

• Forum Member

• MROTAL STREIK OLOLOLOLO

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:36 am »
Someone actually bothered to read my wall of text a.ka How-To application. I love you already!

-N
Murtumaan ei kristityn miekkakaan meitä saa, käymme taistoon ainiaan. Nyt laulumme Jumalille raikaa saa, siis tuoppine nostakaa!

May 03, 2007, 12:13:22 am
Reply #5

Offline Doomblade

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 12:13:22 am »
Someone actually bothered to read my wall of text a.ka How-To application. I love you already!

-N

Hehe I gotta admit it was great inspiration mate. After reading some of the other applications that mostly went something like:

"Hi, im lvl 70 and got blues. Can I join?"

I decided to go by the book and point out how I think an application, to a guild like yours, should look like. Good to see its appreciated ;D

May 03, 2007, 12:20:27 am
Reply #6

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:20:27 am »
Your name has a funny resemblance to a certain Doomdevil. Just thought I'd point that out to the guildies. That aside, very good application, and another danish person. Would bring the english and danish people back up to even numbers on the forums!
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

May 03, 2007, 01:01:52 am
Reply #7

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 01:01:52 am »
We need to win the guild nationality poll!! gogo

Nothing bad to say about this, he was a skilled and very hardcore pvp'er before tbc, remember doing some premade wsgs with him.
And we did a heroic sp with him recently went quite good in spite of his not having imp sap :) gogo patch imp sap for all rogues :D

Bears like alts!

May 03, 2007, 01:28:30 am
Reply #8

Offline Aleandro

• Guild Member

• Sneaky as we are!

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 01:28:30 am »
Very nice application,one of best in last time must admit . 8)
You have about best gear you can get as you said without raiding, but as i told you mate before we  are atm full with raiders.
You should mate like u typed in "p.s." just make one in F&F and w8 for chance i guess.
As soon you make it in F&F feel free to poke me or Tyler for /ginvite to join family.

May 03, 2007, 01:45:24 am
Reply #9

Offline Doomblade

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 01:45:24 am »
Thanks for the support Starbrow and Gaeios. I quickly realised that theres alot of danes in Iron Edge which is indeed a great plus for me personally  :D We did indeed have a good time in that heroic and im waiting in agony for the patch, but they seem to be having abit of a mess in PTR aswell as the fact that they need players to test both Black Temple and Mount Hyjal.

@Aleandro
Glad you think it was a good application and id be very happy to be a part of IE, even though it might not be as a raider. In time im hoping to get there, but im very glad to get a spot in the guild and maybe get lucky to experience abit of what it's like to be a raider. In the meantime im sure im gonna have a great time with the members of the guild and hopefully fool around abit in the smaller instants ;D

May 03, 2007, 12:46:52 pm
Reply #10

Offline Noble

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 12:46:52 pm »
Love your app. !

Need a Paladin app. that looks like that one, guess thats hard to get!

GL and hopefully we'll see you in /g soon
-Nob

"In nomine Patris, et Fili, e Spiritus Sanctus"

May 03, 2007, 04:13:10 pm
Reply #11

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 04:13:10 pm »
I so agree with Noble on this on....

The day a paladin application like this one gets thrown into the boards, I'm gonna start /dance !

- Lobsteer

May 04, 2007, 01:56:44 pm
Reply #12

Offline Shapa

• Guild Member

• Sapa SMASH

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:44 pm »
Realy nice application m8.
I remember you since the pre tbc you some huntard [Gerdi] and moi where garming Silithus for the trinket, that was a painful time but to be honest you helped me there a lot, i have played with him at that time and recently in some heroics and he's a pretty good rogue and a nice guy!

/good luck

May 05, 2007, 01:44:59 am
Reply #13

Offline Doomblade

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 01:44:59 am »
Thanks for the support mates  :D Appreciate it.

Hopefully ill be joining tonight since I havent been online the last 2 days. I just bought a new laptop, but I had some installing problems with my TBC though it should be up tonight. Looking forward to play with a framerate above 10 on a computer that doesnt have a hamster running in a spinning wheel, were your processor should be. ;)

Cya online!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:27:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

286 Guests, 0 Users