Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Super Smash Brothers Brawl

June 30, 2008, 02:38:48 am
Read 5435 times

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
« on: June 30, 2008, 02:38:48 am »
I personally have been waiting for this game for I don't know how long.

It personally didn't dissapoint me, but as with Mario Kart (though most people don't play it anymore, I still do) post below if you're thinking of getting the game or already have it for some online goodness.

Played so much today (got it as an early birthday present at about Midnight last night as my folks are on Holiday over my birthday), already completed the main story line mode and all 41 event matches. All I can say is, event 41 is a bitch (Much like the one on Meelee), but Wolf is an utter legend. Almost did it 2-3 times on Marth before I gave up, but Wolf is a machine and did it with ease.

Unlocked all the Characters too, and am impressed by the large range. Out of the new ones, Meta Knight, Pit and the aforementioned wolf stood out (though I think I only like Wolf as I'm a huge fan of Falco and Fox). Also, the cut scenes in the main story mode are win. Make Diddy Kong and Falco look like utter legends.

Been looking at the amount of things to unlock, and I dare say that it will take a good few months. I've only about 150 trophies at the moment, and I know theres well over 500 (theres a trophy for getting 500 which is visible on my hint wall thing).

All I can say to those doing the event matches. When you do them all on hard, theres one or two REAL bitch ones, like the Wario one where you're Kirby and need to assemble the Dragoon. Utter Fag arse that one was.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:43:01 am by Meeckah »

June 30, 2008, 10:53:43 am
Reply #1

Inphy

Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:53:43 am »
Been waiting for this tittle for a long time aswell. Though the sad thing is, I just bought a new computer and can't afford this game.

Ill get it as soon as I have some cash to spare. And I think i'll play this as much as I played SSB and SSB:Meelee.

June 30, 2008, 07:03:04 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »
I have it, it arrived just before I went to paris, so haven't played it yet, but later this evening, probably after raid time - although I don't think I'll be in dundee on time for punctual raiding but who knows I might get in - I'll get cracking and we can share friend codes etc for the game.

June 30, 2008, 07:15:54 pm
Reply #3

Offline Inphyy

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:54 pm »
I used to be the king of SSB, sadly I never really played SSBM. Inphy, go buy noa!

June 30, 2008, 10:02:43 pm
Reply #4

Inphy

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:02:43 pm »
IM POOR INPHYY IM POOR!

You buy it for me, ill pay you back in 2 months :)

July 01, 2008, 01:06:56 am
Reply #5

Offline Inphyy

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:06:56 am »
Ok, I'll deposit the money tomorrow morning, just remind me or I will forget.

July 01, 2008, 02:57:20 am
Reply #6

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 02:57:20 am »
Been working hard to unlock all the maps for when we play online. Has some of the classic Meelee ones, like Big Blue and the Meteroid one. I was sad it didn't have the one with the big ass dragon in the background which slashes the screen and the map rotates as that was my favourite in Meelee, but you can't get everything!

Note: Don't do what I did. Theres this screen which shows you all the stuff you've unlocked and you get 3 hammers. I didn't notice these hammers for quite a while and when I spotted them, I thought they'd let you see what was inside the box you hit so you know what to do to unlock its contents... however, what it does it bypass that and unlock it instantly for you. So I used it on a random box and wasted it completely on something which I could have done with ease.

When I went online last night, it seems most people play with a character called Ike, whom I've never heard of before, since he has such amazing reach and incredible strength. Kinda a game breaking character. Much like Roy in Meelee (who if you ask me, could win just by waggling the yellow c stick around left to right).

And I have to say I've been sadly dissapointed with Solid Snake. Not really an inspiring character. I've since some insane videos of him clearing the time trials on youtube, but I can't see him being that much of a competitor.

July 01, 2008, 11:05:50 am
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:05:50 am »
Ike and roy weren't so amazing - they're a little slow to balance things out. Just get the hang of him a bit, then take advantage of him like some horrible molester.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:07:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

295 Guests, 0 Users