Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 I guess this would be the best place to put it =P

November 19, 2008, 06:19:49 pm
Read 3087 times

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

I guess this would be the best place to put it =P
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:49 pm »
Well since I levelled a Death Knight as I knew it was my best chance to raid, I thought it best to make an application as a Raider and no longer as F&F!

Ingame name: Mickah, Meeckah, Phappadin - You know who I am!

Classes: Deathknight, Warrior, Paladin

Level: 80, 70, 70

Professions: You think I coulda gotten to 80 this fast and bothered with professions?!

Previous Raiding Experience:

As you guys well know I used to play on the US servers in a guild called Immortality. We were in the top 5 servers worldwide in our prime with top 10 kills through BWL to AQ40. This means I've cleared all of these thoroughly in a competitive environment.

Just before the Naxx patch was released, Uni life caught up with me so I had to quit. Six months (when TBC came out) later I joined the EU servers and helped a small guild of friends clear Kara (back when it was mildly an achievement. I've Offtanked all the way to TK and SSC with guilds such as Headhunters and Equilibrium (though VERY briefly at Equilibrium). I eventually joined Iron Edge as I wanted to join a guild where there would always be something going on, even if it wasn't raiding.

Why I want to raid in IE?

I've been in Iron Edge since... January now? I enjoy playing DotA with you guys (even the complainers amongst you! Though I never enjoyed playing on Fathers team.. for some reason). I often PvP with you guys and have been on Casual runs to MH and BT. I've even met a few of you IRL! (Dell, Kawe, Sint, Mal, Shardakan come to mind)

The only thing I'm not a part of is the raiding scene. This obviously was because of my gear pre WotLK, but now, since it's almost a reset, and I has a death knight, I'm hoping theres the possibility of needing a DK DPS/Tank for the new raids (though naxx isn't exactly new).

What I could do for IE?

I could write another song if needed! Though to be honest I haven't picked my guitar in a while, so it would be painful to the ears. Also, as some of you know, I do just play the game to enjoy it. I'm not gonna go emo, flip out, claim I'm the best hunter ever and that you won't be able to kill any more bosses without me (uhh.. sorry don't know what got into me there).

If I'm accepted as a Raider, though I know there probably won't be a spot for me straight away, I'll work hard on getting gear for everything. Though you'll probably be able to carry me in the 25 mans, as I've heard they're easy, I'd like to make as much contribution as possible.

Raid times:

I know when you raid! I can do those days and times! (though not sunday's if you start raiding sundays!)

Not sure if this application is needed, or called for, but it's best to be safe than sorry!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:21:36 pm by Meeckah »

November 19, 2008, 06:37:00 pm
Reply #1

Eyehole

Re: I guess this would be the best place to put it =P
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »
Good application thou :) it's nice of you that you took it serious...
Gz again for hitting 80!

we(dookie and i) are still leveling thou... my mood is abit broken with lvling fast and hitting 80 in a week... allience did so much shit to meh  :( anyways... i will be 80 i guess this weekend...

soon we need to choose a CL for DK i guess. besides i'm glad that crazy is back and he's leveling his dk also... maybe he ..? is the best choice so far according to me with only handicap "he doesn't like to be active on forum"

time is coming....

November 20, 2008, 05:34:03 am
Reply #2

kawe

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:34:03 am »
Would be great to have another tank available, and having another 'flavour' gives a raid group more flexibility, which is always good.

I know you can game well enough (smash bros!). So, if you would try that well in wow, it could be a very good thing - if you're going to tank, you have to be much more actively paying attention to what's going on with your group.

I think it would definitely be fun to raid with you :) Hit me up for some 5 man content and I'll help gear you up.

November 20, 2008, 01:10:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:10:45 pm »
Thanks for the app, Mickah :)

I'll be happy to accept your application, as soon as you have the gear to do the job.

When I see you can tank Naxx10, I'll bring you into the 25... and... we'll go from there!

As Kawe says, your observation skills as a tank have to be top-notch. That's what makes Nox so good, and some other tanks not so good -- he sees things coming before other people do. If you've raided in a top-end guild, you probably have what it takes... so, I look forward to trying you out in Naxx, when you think you can survive those 24k hateful strikes from Patchwerk :)
Now I run a tech website.

November 20, 2008, 01:32:01 pm
Reply #4

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 01:32:01 pm »
I can vouch for mickah having a brain as we did NPC pingpong while i was elemental specced. That is some proof of skill!

November 20, 2008, 01:45:57 pm
Reply #5

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 01:45:57 pm »
He's shit at dota.
Trolls are awesome!

November 20, 2008, 02:31:18 pm
Reply #6

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:18 pm »
Wow... that's pretty direct even for you, trollmar.
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:31:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

128 Guests, 0 Users