Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 a little tidbit of BC hunter info regarding pet scaling :D

September 16, 2006, 09:03:19 am
Read 11035 times

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

a little tidbit of BC hunter info regarding pet scaling :D
« on: September 16, 2006, 09:03:19 am »
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=28292836&sid=1

Q u o t e:

Alright, I will you and everyone else two tidbits of information that we've not yet revealed through any source. Both of which I'm personally very excited about, and hopefully you will be as well. First, when the Burning Crusade launches, healing over time (HoTs) spells such as Rejuvenation and Renew will stack for every player casting them. For instance, if there are three priests in your group, a target could potentially receive three renews as one time. Second, we're going to be scaling Warlock and Hunter pets come expansion so that they become stronger as the player gains more statistics through itemization.

Now you can't say that I've never given you anything, you know, besides Lightwell...

funkeh!

September 16, 2006, 11:42:44 am
Reply #1

Offline Haarangad

• Former Member

• Goo~ooD Mo~oorning Ii~iichigo!

Re: a little tidbit of BC hunter info regarding pet scaling :D
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:42:44 am »
I like the whole, being able to have more than one of a kind of HoT on the target, less wasted mana  :P
おはようIchigo!

GoooooD Mooooorning Iiiiichigooo!

September 16, 2006, 11:49:05 am
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:49:05 am »
I know it was a blue post, but tbh I think they're having a laugh regarding the HoT stackery.

It'd just be too much. 8 priests throwing a renew on a tank would just be insane. Easy mode 40 man current content, and trying to kill flag carriers in WSG who have just a few priest(s)/druid(s) would be next to impossible.

I dunno, maybe they'll do it, but it just seems like it'd break a mechanic somewhat... too exploitable or something.

September 16, 2006, 02:06:06 pm
Reply #3

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

Re: a little tidbit of BC info regarding Hunter/locks and HoT stacking
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 02:06:06 pm »
i would imagine Blizzard will set an upper limit for HoTs, with some kind of diminishing return or even just a limit to the amount of HoTs that can stack, likely  5 or so, otherwise yeah i can see how it'd be open for BG abuse.

post title edited :)

September 18, 2006, 10:21:19 am
Reply #4

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:21:19 am »
I know it was a blue post, but tbh I think they're having a laugh regarding the HoT stackery.

It'd just be too much. 8 priests throwing a renew on a tank would just be insane. Easy mode 40 man current content, and trying to kill flag carriers in WSG who have just a few priest(s)/druid(s) would be next to impossible.

I dunno, maybe they'll do it, but it just seems like it'd break a mechanic somewhat... too exploitable or something.

Well, I gave this some thought. In TBC you'll have 25 man instances yeah? But what if the bosses still hit as hard (if not even harder) than the current 40 man instances designed bosses. Then stackable hots isn't all that powerful still, because the bosses hurt like hell. Just a thought though.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 18, 2006, 01:16:18 pm
Reply #5

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:16:18 pm »
i thought taking 12 tanks was the best way to tackle these situations?

September 18, 2006, 05:22:11 pm
Reply #6

Offline Bifftanner

• Legendary

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:11 pm »
i have to admit, i am far more excited about HoT stacking than the pet scaling bit!
--

Kill me! it will be a server first!

September 18, 2006, 07:03:44 pm
Reply #7

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 07:03:44 pm »
Raid content will be down to 25 man = no more 15 healers in raid. Future raid instances will have even harded events and only thing that can keep it possible is this stacking HoT thingy, i dont see any other reason to implement it. I dont see point of mentioning BGs here, thing will be unchanged (rape healers first and then flag guy).

September 19, 2006, 07:50:26 am
Reply #8

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:50:26 am »
Ahh but Biff think about it, 25 man raids and the possibility of the hunter pet becoming a viable off-tank or DPS, with the lower raid cap hunters may actually offer something to the raid, instead of being pushed aside due to lack of space.

i'm personally really happy as my hunter has always been about my pet, i'm not an "Archer" i'm a hunter, my pet is part of my class, part of my dps and part of what makes me unique, anything that makes my little Homer tank better, DPS better, and hopefully (if we get some kind of pet AOE dodge talent) survive longer will make me a very happy bunny, hell i might even spec back to BM if the talents are good enough.

i just hope the hunter talents are decent or i'll be playing my Lock or Druid full time :(

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:08:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users