Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Vampen dps dk application - A-raid

February 06, 2010, 01:12:29 pm
Read 4925 times

Offline vampen

• Vendor Trash

Vampen dps dk application - A-raid
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:12:29 pm »
Personal Information
i live in Turkey, in Antalya, my name is Ekim (which means October (no i wasn't born in October :d )), i'm 27 years old and a computer engineering student, been playing computer games since 1991. i've been playing wow since US Closed beta. i have a gf who's also playing wow (it's been 1 months and she's leveling yet). so i kinda don't have any raid attendance problems.

Character Information

My gear can be seen here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Vampen

i'M playing unholy dps, since it seems the best atm. i'll be geting my 2nd t10 piece tomorrow. and then i'll go for another unholy spec with reaping talent. and sure i'll do ~7500 dps on single target boss fights

Raiding

i'm pretty sure i won't miss a single raid. but i'm not playing much at weekends.

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: %50 of the time if i'm not out with friends
Saturday: %50 of the time if i'm not out with friends
Sundays: %50 of the time if i'm not out with friends

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

my first pc was a dx386, bought 20 years ago, and my first game played was Volfied, then went on with prince of persia, prehistorik 2 and so on.. since then i kept playing pc games. played starcraft for a year on bnet (98-99) , played ultima online
for 3 years 2000-2003, played lineage 2 for 2 years(2003-2005) and since then i've been playing wow (and CoD sometimes).
i played on US warsong before eu servers came out , was tanking lucifron-magmadar with my warrior there while eu ppl were tying to get to lvl 60
,then played on EU Maelstrom for a while in guild Hellion for a year or so, killed nefarian, c'thun and killed 6-7 bosses in naxx. then i stopped playing wow for 6 months. then i started in EU Burning Legion in guild Fire of Dune, killed illidian there and got up to felmyst in Sunwell. then i stopped playing wow again for 6 months. now i'm back and leveled a DK to 80. and been gearing this one so i can get in a good guild with pve progression.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
because the must fun i have playing world of warcraft is when i'M raiding, and progressing in new raid dungeons. and also i don't like playing the game alone. it's a MMOrpg and i do wanna have new friends and ppl i help /get help, and a good guild provides all of these.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer a friendly and helpful guy with a good sense of humor. Im also quite active, willing to help my guildies whenever needed. i have mining/jc (11 epic recipes yet but geting 1 every 2 days) and an alt herb/transmuter. i'll be raiding as much as you guys need me. and i'm a quick learner who comes raids prepared.

Last words?
that's all i think. my gear is not that perfect yet since all i could do was going dungeons with pugs and i can't say i'm a lucky guy. but as we all learned from past expansions/item upgrades/new instances etc: skill > gear. you can get better gear easily but you can't make someone skillful. the most intense fight i've ever been and the hardest thing in wow i've ever done was tanking illidian's adds prolly, and i didn't fail once there. i'm pretty sure i'm capable of doing anything with an explanation of once.

February 06, 2010, 02:00:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Vampen dps dk application - A-raid
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:48 pm »
Why did u stop playing so much?  Are you going to stop playing again when we've killed 5 bosses in ICC hc?

Edit: A few missing words...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:20:39 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

February 06, 2010, 03:06:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline vampen

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:06:16 pm »
well i've playing wow for 5 years, it's hard to enjoy a game straight for 5 years.
sometimes it gets boring, the content ends etc. and each time i didn't play for 2-3 months then quit. first time it was because of being european-playing on a US server, i had 500+ ping all the time ,when eu servers came up i moved to here. 2nd time it was because TBC came out and all that lvling, geting new green items over my epics which i gave months of efforts , didn't seem fun. currently i'm enjoying the game and i'm not planning to stop playing anytime soon (before cataclysm at least). but i can't promise that "i'll be playing wow forever" , and i don't think anyone could. but if you are conserned that i'll get 1-2 items and leave, or play for 2 months and leave. that's not gonna happen.

February 06, 2010, 03:57:55 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:57:55 pm »
C'thun is good -- and Fire of Dune were pretty hardcore! (One of the few guilds on our battlegroup that gave us some competition!)

But looks like you haven't been hardcore since C'thun?

You lack experience!
Now I run a tech website.

February 06, 2010, 04:02:53 pm
Reply #4

Offline vampen

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 04:02:53 pm »
yeah, was raiding with FoD at TBC, but the guild had problems so all we managed was geting to Felmyst in Sunwell. i've been pvping since 3 months, got relentless wep and gear but pvping is not my thing, i always tried to get in a good PvE guild, but it's kinda impossible, i didn't get a single item in last weeks from icc25 for example, got in 3 pugs, all killed first wing, i didn't win anything. same with icc10. and without gear you can't get experience, without experience you can't get in a guild :).but i'M pretty sure i'll learn fast. all i know for now is toc25, and up to festergut in icc.

February 06, 2010, 06:34:29 pm
Reply #5

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:34:29 pm »
Like delling said your experience in WOTLK is pretty awful, hence maybe why your gear is not so great. I'm currently in recruit overdrive so i would like to see what other applications i get over the next few days before i can make any decision on this one.

Also, do you not have rotation problems with 5 expertise?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:36:34 pm by Intrinsic »

February 07, 2010, 02:35:50 am
Reply #6

Offline vampen

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 02:35:50 am »
changed my gear a bit, fixed the expertise issue. and got a reaping build now.

February 07, 2010, 04:12:39 am
Reply #7

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 04:12:39 am »
Recent content experience isnt up to scratch.
Has mining.
Has a useless trinket, any blue would be better.
His dps probably not going to be competitive.

February 07, 2010, 11:12:35 am
Reply #8

Föötmunch

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:12:35 am »
i just ran a togc 10m with this guy and he barely made 4k dps. he def isnt a-raid material.

February 07, 2010, 04:06:57 pm
Reply #9

Offline vampen

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:06:57 pm »
:) this is so funny.
you guys are just so arrogant just so you know.
learning 6 more boss fights takes 40 mins of bosskillers.com tactics reading , and 30 mins of youtube watching, and you may also explain before the boss on vent for like 2 mins. nothing more. i even tanked illidian's adds (one of the most intense fights i've ever been) without a single fail, just after 3 mins of explanation. i don't really think icc content is harder. nothing is hard in this game anyway, as long as you got the brain. you can learn-get better gear-fix your stats etc.
(this was for the guy who said not enough knowledge)
and for the guy who said i did 4k dps on toc10 , it was 5k ish for boss fights and how the hell were you expecting more dps while there are shit loads of adds around and noone is attacking them, i had to around run all the time gripping adds. i don't know what to say to you honestly.
you are recruiting a player to a game. you'r not selling your car, or deciding who should be the new president. try to be a little bit more human.

anyway no need for drama. i withdraw my application. thanks and good luck.

February 07, 2010, 05:11:10 pm
Reply #10

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 05:11:10 pm »
Two people make a comment and you go emo. You wouldn't last very long in IE  :-*.

February 07, 2010, 07:03:42 pm
Reply #11

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 07:03:42 pm »
lol weak , you really think we are rectuiting "players for a game?" its more like
"making an investment". This isn't lfg PuG guild , this is a real guild with a good
record and a good amount of time invested into each character we raid with.

I mean look at char. Why would we take you in if you dont have even a decent 2nd
proff. That ALONE would be enough for me to look at other applicants instead.

You have already withdrawn your app , but take this bit of friendly advice to heart
for future apps to other guild(s): View your character as an investment , the more
you put into it, the more benefit you reap. It really is so simple, you may even enjoy it.

Gl and Gbye.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:05:44 pm by kagemoth »
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

February 08, 2010, 01:05:09 am
Reply #12

Inphy

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 01:05:09 am »
Hm, drama ;o *popcorn munching*

That aside, nice to see someone from Burning Legion still around. Too bad you had to make all that drama, when you should know what it's like to be in a hardcore guild, as you've been in FoD and all. They were the elitist guild back on Burning Legion in ye ol' days!

February 08, 2010, 07:39:46 am
Reply #13

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 07:39:46 am »
and for the guy who said i did 4k dps on toc10 , it was 5k ish for boss fights and how the hell were you expecting more dps while there are shit loads of adds around and noone is attacking them, i had to around run all the time gripping adds. i don't know what to say to you honestly.

But you still did 4k dps, it strongly contradicts with your "i will do 7,5k dps" on single target. No, you wont. Reaping build and t10 isnt so big upgrade, it's that simple. I dont really know about which adds you are talking about (Anub adds?) but generally adds mean incrase of dps to unholy dk.

February 08, 2010, 10:07:29 am
Reply #14

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 10:07:29 am »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 02:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

109 Guests, 0 Users