Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Unthinkable

July 17, 2010, 01:19:10 am
Reply #15

Offline Daekesh

Re: Unthinkable
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 01:19:10 am »
Just my two cents, coming from a very liberal and agnostic person!

Bad apple spoils the bunch and so forth.  Trouble is, how do u define which are the bad apples?  Coming from an outside perspective and hearing that some of x group of people like to blow themselves up, it's understandable that people are wary of the whole group, because they simply don't know who the bad ones are.

Personally, I don't really know anyone who vehemently believes in any religion, be it islam, christianity or whatever, so I kinda paint all people who are strongly religious with the same brush.  Every religion has people that will kill you for not thinking like they do.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 17, 2010, 02:04:15 am
Reply #16

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 02:04:15 am »
Kesh speaketh wisely!

Vehement religious zealotry is always a bit of a warning sign.

_Every_ religion, whether considered flawed by modern standards or not, is designed as a grouping of rules that will improve the quality of your life.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Follow these rules and your life will be better. You want your family to have a better life, so you encourage them to live by the same rules. That's as far as religion should extend: you offer it as an alternative set of rules to people you care about.

(I have more to say, but I'm struggling to put the words together -- it's too late. Will continue... later. I'm aware that I didn't get to the point of what I was saying :P)
Now I run a tech website.

July 17, 2010, 02:30:09 am
Reply #17

Kilizion

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 02:30:09 am »
I agree I mean it's hard to tell who the bad apples are and you're right about every group having bad apples. I think it's best to keep an open mind and decide on your opinion of individuals whenever you might have to deal with them in life, rather than as groups from what you've heard from third parties. I think you have a choice of who to like, may as well exercise it yourself based on your own experiences.

I find a bad person is usually just a bad person, religion comes into play when they use it as their reasoning for whatever actions they may partake in, to provide themselves some kind of reassurance, to justify their actions, to convert other vulnerable, gullible or weak minded individuals to their way of thinking or whatever really. This then gets labeled as extremism or fundamentalism attached to some religion and you get your bad apples. Usually down to misinterpretation or choice interpretation of religious texts, beliefs, ideals etc.

I've met people from many religions and really enjoyed their company, some of them are still good friends today. Truth be told most of my friends aren't religious but those who are respect my choice beliefs and I respect theirs, simply because they're good people and nothing else.

July 17, 2010, 04:42:50 am
Reply #18

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 04:42:50 am »
is it also the wests fault when muslim countries stone women to death, for being raped.

And every suicide bomber is the wests fault, by not being muslims?

and people living in Iran not agreeing with the government getting killed or jailed is ok.

dull talk grax. womans getting stoned in a mouslim country does not mean it's a common muslim act. it's a rare, very very rare situation in rare places and times, in some some country i never ever been in.
K.K.K, Inquisition, burning a house of minorities, are/were also ways of braindamaged fanatics in West. And sometimes they can have an effect on a very big authority. But suicide bombers is another story.
 i still believe that only a person without a future, without a family can kill himself for a reason. But what if u take it away from them ? i mean their family, their freedom, their legs or whatever, Every single person can turn to a terrorist. And yeah sorry but, west is very good on turning human beings into monsters. Killing someone can not fix the past for sure ! Especially if the one you'll hit for revenge is innocent aswell, it may bring more pain. But sometimes, some people do not think that way.
Easterns are not economically strong, they have no big army's to slap them back. Amlost all of them  beg for mercy, lay in silence, hope for a peace. But some, a very little minority(like %999999) can'T forget the pain, can'T deal with it. and fight back with what they can. A bomb, a gun, a plane or whatever !

I am not saying that all terrorists have reasons to act that way. But the fact that WEst has killed 1 million of civilians during the war can turn every single man to a terrorist. And i am sure that west will never accept that they are the origin of sin by invading and killing. They'll just forget about what they did and use those angry/disabled persons as an excuse to strike the next one. (may be water or oil, time will show)

Mouslims are mostly welcome, nice, tolerable persons. And even the most religous persons are nice. But bad persons, like Kilizion said always exist. And act bad !
The fact is while the bad people are brainless terrorists in IRaqi, The other bad people are leading some countries in West. How pity !
君に魔法をかけて蛙にしてやろう。 (i'll bewitch you into a frog!)

July 17, 2010, 09:59:12 am
Reply #19

Föötmunch

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 09:59:12 am »

Where do I know that Spanish-looking torturer from? Dollhouse or something?

he was jack bauers friend in the latest 24 season right at the start :-P

July 17, 2010, 01:04:57 pm
Reply #20

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:57 pm »
Ah yes, 24! Good call :)

Did you notice the terrorist's wife was also from 24...?

--
So basically, we've all agreed that there are bad people, and their affiliations are completely unimportant.

Bad Muslims = terrorists
Bad Westerners = war mongering freedom destroyers (or something)

So... we should hate bad people, rather than Westerners or Muslims, right?

If only it was that easy.
Now I run a tech website.

July 17, 2010, 02:58:25 pm
Reply #21

Offline Daekesh

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 02:58:25 pm »
So, when were you recruited, Karga?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 17, 2010, 03:32:26 pm
Reply #22

Kilizion

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 03:32:26 pm »
I agree it's not easy for some people to just change how they see the picture!

Anyway I would like to add I've actually seen this film, thought it was entertaining (got to love slj). Not his best film though to be fair, by a long shot. Interesting story and idea, just too long, poor supporting actors and not enough action in my opinion.

I'd give it a 5.5/10.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:16:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 0 Users