Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Blizzard giving some more epic balancing!

October 07, 2010, 06:33:05 pm
Read 8329 times

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

• It's all in your mind...

Blizzard giving some more epic balancing!
« on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:05 pm »
The balance changes in our next patch will primarily focus on improving the zerg.

Here are a few of the changes we currently have planned:

·         We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.

·         Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.

·         The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.

·         The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.

·         We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids.  We don’t expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.

I'm keen!  8)

Source: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/761331

October 07, 2010, 07:26:11 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
Re: Blizzard giving some more epic balancing!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:26:11 pm »
The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.

Is the worst idea ever, 2 worker rush can win you a game in few seconds...gg

October 07, 2010, 07:32:51 pm
Reply #2

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:32:51 pm »
 ;D
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

October 07, 2010, 07:41:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:41:46 pm »
The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.

Is the worst idea ever, 2 worker rush can win you a game in few seconds...gg

Protoss have to build a Pylon before they can build a Gateway!

Reapers are way too game controlling for their own good, I'll be glad to see this changed.

October 07, 2010, 07:52:41 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »
I dont have a problem with rest, I do have a problem with not seeing any protoss nerfs and also overlord as requirement for pool if they go with supply before rax :)

October 07, 2010, 07:56:59 pm
Reply #5

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »
I dont have a problem with rest, I do have a problem with not seeing any protoss nerfs and also overlord as requirement for pool if they go with supply before rax :)

Zerg already start with an overlord!  8) Requirement met!

If you read the full article they mention Protoss doing terribad against Terran.
Quote from: Blizzard
As you can see there are some issues with Protoss vs. Terran in many of the leagues.  From our own play experience, as well as feedback from the community, this matches pretty closely with what we're already aware of. We're working on solutions.

So in all likeliness Protoss will get a buff. Yay  8)

October 07, 2010, 08:01:22 pm
Reply #6

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 08:01:22 pm »
rax requiring depot is a bit weird, as it removes a few possibilities early on (reaper harass, not sure what other builds require rax before depot than some proxy marine rush). Other than that it seems pretty reasonable.

You shouldn't be able to blink out of fungal to begin with, and roaches have 3 range which is pitiful against hellions 5 and reapers 4. With the range increase (+1 probably) they will much more effectively shut down the early harass.

October 07, 2010, 08:02:56 pm
Reply #7

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 08:02:56 pm »
rax requiring depot is a bit weird, as it removes a few possibilities early on (reaper harass, not sure what other builds require rax before depot than some proxy marine rush). Other than that it seems pretty reasonable.

You shouldn't be able to blink out of fungal to begin with, and roaches have 3 range which is pitiful against hellions 5 and reapers 4. With the range increase (+1 probably) they will much more effectively shut down the early harass.

Proxy Marauder rush gets nerfed. This is the biggest news for me! Terran winning a game in less than 5 minutes makes me cry in a corner.

Also I just noticed I misread the article. Apparently according to Blizz Protoss are OP vs Terran. I loled but oh well :x

October 07, 2010, 08:06:16 pm
Reply #8

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:06:16 pm »

So in all likeliness Protoss will get a buff. Yay  8)

This is strange

Win % in Diamond (accounting for player skill)

49.6% win rate for Protoss when fighting Terran.

52.8% win rate for Protoss when fighting Zerg.

49.6% win rate for Terran when fighting Zerg.

Win % in Platinum (accounting for player skill)

56.3% win rate for Protoss when fighting Terran.

47.3% win rate for Protoss when fighting Zerg.

44.5% win for Terran when fighting Zerg.

Win % in Gold (accounting for player skill)

61.0% win rate for Protoss when fighting Terran.

61.1% win rate for Protoss when fighting Zerg.

49.5% win rate for Terran when fighting Zerg.

Win % in Silver (accounting for player skill)

63.6% win rate for Protoss when fighting Terran.

50.7% win rate for Protoss when fighting Zerg.

51.6% win rate for Terran when fighting Zerg.

Win % in Bronze (accounting for player skill)

59.0% win rate for Protoss when fighting Terran.

55.1% win rate for Protoss when fighting Zerg.

45.4% win rate for Terran when fighting Zerg.

I mean it seems balanced at top "high" level of play, but at lower not really. I really thought its exactly the opposite, as for me its really hard to deal with simple (marines marouders medvacs early pushes etc) terran play when i do protoss...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:07:56 pm by Narw »

October 07, 2010, 08:35:29 pm
Reply #9

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 08:35:29 pm »
I mean it seems balanced at top "high" level of play, but at lower not really. I really thought its exactly the opposite, as for me its really hard to deal with simple (marines marouders medvacs early pushes etc) terran play when i do protoss...

Yeah thats why I jumped to conclussions when I read "we are fixing protoss vs terran" because the number one complaint is MMMG(marine-maruader-medivac-ghosts) :( They really shut down almost the entire protoss army! Dam those ghosts and their cheap EMP!

October 07, 2010, 10:15:33 pm
Reply #10

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 10:15:33 pm »
That shows how much 4gate action there is at lower levels and how stupidly retarded build it is, and I'm 100% (without any proof tho) that all those numbers are infact due to 4gateing and players not beign able to counter it efficiently. Nerfing 4gate would be out of question since it would affect so many other things which would surely cause protoss to become the weakest race which it obviously is not atm.

October 07, 2010, 10:23:36 pm
Reply #11

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »
That shows how much 4gate action there is at lower levels and how stupidly retarded build it is, and I'm 100% (without any proof tho) that all those numbers are infact due to 4gateing and players not beign able to counter it efficiently. Nerfing 4gate would be out of question since it would affect so many other things which would surely cause protoss to become the weakest race which it obviously is not atm.

Yeah 4Gate can really be silly sometimes. Even Day9 said almost anyone can 4Gate themselves into Diamond League, but it won't be worth it when more people learn how to counter it and you're stuck with a one-trick poney.

October 15, 2010, 11:02:49 am
Reply #12

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 11:02:49 am »
NA has gone live with Patch 1.1.2 lets hope EU gets it ASAP!

[spoiler]

I must say I love every single change except two, the removal of energy from Thors and Corruptors. Not many units have energy to begin with and this just makes Feedback(a rather mediocre ability to begin with) even more useless... I mean Thors were tough enough already and now not being able to defend your Colossus against Corruptors with High Templar... I must say is very disappointing. The only thing I can really say is positive about this is 250-cannon can't be spammed anymore thanks to the cooldown, which I guess is pretty cool.

PS: Range 4 Roaches FTW!!!!!!!!
[/spoiler]

October 15, 2010, 11:11:20 am
Reply #13

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:20 am »
NVM I just logged in, EU has gone live with the patch!

Also I guess Terran will be happy about the Voidray nerf, most of the Zerg I've seen on the forums (and PsY) don't really see them as a threat but oh wells. Also PsY forgot a few of the notes, heres the full list:

Quote from: Blizzard
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

-Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
-The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified
-Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

PROTOSS
Buildings
-Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
Void Ray
-Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
-Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
-Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
TERRAN
Buildings
-Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
-Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
Medivac
-Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
-Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
Reaper
-Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
Thor
-Energy bar removed.
-250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
ZERG
Buildings
-Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
-Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
-Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
-Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
-Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
Corruptor
-Energy bar removed.
-Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
Infestor
-Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
Roach
-Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

-Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
-Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
-Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
-Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
-Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

Dam supply depo's did NOT need a health increase >.< as if the Terran wall wasn't bad enough

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:53:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Bürküt