Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 To the frost mages or basically anyone with the knowledge....

November 16, 2010, 12:02:31 pm
Read 17578 times

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

• Kundrak: Klan of the most IRON EDGE-ious nuccas

To the frost mages or basically anyone with the knowledge....
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:02:31 pm »
I have a question regarding blink... for some reason when I'm dueling, my blink sometimes carries 2mm forward from my initial spot.. ??? Is there something that I can do so that it becomes more reliable or am I doing something incorrect.
I would be like: "Ha ha, take this you big bad warrior, Ima blink outta here, eat my dust", then I smash down on my blink key and I move like 2mm. Then he's like " Mage girly, I open can of whoopin" and boom he smashes down on my head.... Blink is costing me alooooot of aspirin.. hahahahah

God bless!
Kundrak- aka Kun aka KUNdawg aka KUNstyles aka who want it aka please KUN dont hurtem aka Kdawg aka you gotta rip in yo couch aka they should have neva given yall nuccas money aka FB SCREAMA aka you get the picture aka twist yo cap aka tighten your ass up aka I FUKIN LOVE IE^^

November 16, 2010, 12:20:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

Re: To the frost mages or basically anyone with the knowledge....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 12:20:08 pm »
Objects, hills, or small spikes in the ground layer renders you invalid to teleport further than to the point where you encounter these. Its a known bug, and blizzard is working on it. I imagine it will take as long as it took to do something to Vanish.
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

November 16, 2010, 12:21:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Destro

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 12:21:32 pm »
Did you blink into a hill? I find that jumping before the blink solves everything.

I have a very huge brain.

November 16, 2010, 12:34:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:34:45 pm »
Ahhh ok I understand what you mean... thanks for this.... I will try jumping before. If i understand correctly, warriors have the same problem with charge sometimes.

God bless!
Kundrak- aka Kun aka KUNdawg aka KUNstyles aka who want it aka please KUN dont hurtem aka Kdawg aka you gotta rip in yo couch aka they should have neva given yall nuccas money aka FB SCREAMA aka you get the picture aka twist yo cap aka tighten your ass up aka I FUKIN LOVE IE^^

November 16, 2010, 12:56:19 pm
Reply #4

Offline TTaM

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:56:19 pm »
Jumping before blink can make you go backwards.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 16, 2010, 12:58:34 pm
Reply #5

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »
oh? Do you think that it may confuse the opponent a little? Although it is an accident?

God bless

November 16, 2010, 01:06:57 pm
Reply #6

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »
Jumping before blink can make you go backwards.

I have literally never seen this happening, unless you mean it puts you back in the spot where you jumped from, instead of blinking backwards. If that's the case you're right, but it can only happen when you jump-blink into an object / bugged place / height difference, not when it's just a wide open area with no height differences. Actually, there is a way of blinking backwards, there's some macro for it, but that's not what this is about...

And no, it might confuse the opponent for 0.1 second, but that doesn't make it worth it compared to the weird position you'll end up. :P

Charge is a bit different, it's possible to jump away right before the Warrior charges and then he will charge to the spot where you stood, usually a few yards away. For example, if you blink just before a Warrior charges you, he will charge to the place you were standing before you blinked. You will switch places pretty much.

November 16, 2010, 01:40:54 pm
Reply #7

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:40:54 pm »
yeha i noticed in underbelly, tht little height difference between the water and the thre platforms has an effect on your blink. Although the height difference is real small. but yeha like you all said it is bugged.

Thanks for the help!

God bless

November 16, 2010, 02:42:28 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:28 pm »
God bless!
God bless!
God bless
God bless

Your religious blessings scares me a little  :-[

I've seen mages blink backwards sometimes. Keep in mind that you sometimes have to blink a little sooner when jumping than when you think you're actually at the highest point in your jump. Lag might delay it abit!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 16, 2010, 02:45:50 pm
Reply #9

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »
God bless!
God bless!
God bless
God bless

Your religious blessings scares me a little  :-[

I've seen mages blink backwards sometimes. Keep in mind that you sometimes have to blink a little sooner when jumping than when you think you're actually at the highest point in your jump. Lag might delay it abit!

God Bless the holy Lag.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

November 16, 2010, 02:47:49 pm
Reply #10

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 02:47:49 pm »
whahahhah.. na Therash im not THAT religous.. just a way of saying take care... ;D

Watch your six..

God bless the wowiniacs

Kundrak

November 16, 2010, 02:57:40 pm
Reply #11

Offline TTaM

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »
oh? Do you think that it may confuse the opponent a little? Although it is an accident?

God bless

The ultimate confusion was the Archmage Vargoth staff from Netherstorm.  Have that and blink in a macro and pow, u disappear and weird ghostly npc is in your place! 
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 16, 2010, 03:09:23 pm
Reply #12

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

The ultimate confusion was the Archmage Vargoth staff from Netherstorm.  Have that and blink in a macro and pow, u disappear and weird ghostly npc is in your place! 

holy shit that's cool, when did they remove that guy?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 16, 2010, 03:10:40 pm
Reply #13

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »
They didn't. :P

November 16, 2010, 03:19:06 pm
Reply #14

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:19:06 pm »
It's the oldest trick in the book or a bug. Blinking is made impossible due to the smallest obstacles at times, this is a bug as old as the game supposedly without a fix.

If you however are refering to "the vanishing blink" here is a video describing what to do.
  now this isn't a very tricky thing to execute, but as shown in a pvp movie which I can't recall the name of as of now, he puts some math into it.

If you blink so that you land behind your oponent, slightly to the right of him, he will spend more time looking for you than if you blinked slightly to the left of him. The normal course of action when searching for someone inside wow is to spin your camera 360 degrees, in your left direction.

That's the mage lesson of today!

[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users