Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia III - World War III

July 07, 2011, 12:25:20 am
Read 338716 times

Offline Palmar

Mafia III - World War III
« on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:20 am »

Nachmanun will be co-hosting this with me, I need one more co-host because this game happens somewhat reactively.

Welcome to Mafia III - World War III

1. Voting will be done in the main thread, this forces people to take a stance with their vote. Votes will be cast using the format ##Vote: playername. Any votes cast without this format may not be counted.

2. Inactivity will result in a modkill. Failing to vote, or failing to turn in your night action if you have one, will result in a modkill. If you get mod-killed, you will be banned from playing at least one future game of Iron Edge mafia. Sounds harsh, but inactivity really ruins the game. If something special comes up, PM the host(s) and we'll have a look.

3. The voting rules have changed. If no player reaches majority vote, the player with the most votes will get lynched. If two players have equal amount of votes, the player who got there first will be lynched.

4. Play to win. Any meta-game strategies or intentionally losing because you think your team is stupid is forbidden. Getting yourself modkilled for your advantage is banned. Play the game, win the game. Don't ruin the fun.

5. I will not send you a PM asking for your night action. It's your own responsibility to make sure you send the PM in time, if you don't, you get modkilled and banned for the next game.

6. All action PMs must be sent to all hosts. This means that if there are more than one host, you're always sending two messages, or a single message to two people (Just seperate them with a comma in the "To:" field).

7. Posting any screenshot, pm or converstation you may or may not have with a host of the game, faked or real, will result in an instant modkill. Play the game, not the mods.

8. Show respect. Some roles in this game have the ability to kill you out of the blue. Even if a mod doesn't confirm the death, consider yourself dead. In addition, attempting to use an ability like day-time vigilante kill, when you don't have one available, will get you modkilled.

9. Don't post after you're dead. Don't talk about the game after you're dead. Don't influence other players after you're dead. We intend to open a private forum where the dead can discuss the game in peace without ruining the experience for anyone else.

10. Don't be a dick.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:49:34 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

July 07, 2011, 12:25:32 am
Reply #1

Offline Palmar

Re: Reserved
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:32 am »

This is a highly themed game. Please read the rules carefully before starting the game. There are several mechanics in this game that you guys will not have encountered before.

The factions in this game are:

The United Nations

The United Nations win the game if all the members of the Conspiracy Club have been eliminated.

The Conspiracy Club

The Conspiracy Club wins the game if they ever outnumber the United Nations

The Failed State

The Failed State wants to bring everyone down to their level. They win if civilization ends in a nuclear apocalypse. They don't have to survive to win.

Day Cycles:

The day lasts 48 hours and the night lasts 24 hours. At the end of the day the highest country on the vote list will be lynched. During the night the conspiracy club will use their single kill to take out a member of the United Nations.

Nuclear missiles can only be launched during the Day, unless specified otherwise.

Nuclear Warfare:

Some countries may possess nuclear warheads. Those can be fired in the thread using the command ##Nuke: playername. Other players may have SDI defense systems that can shoot down nuclear warheads. If you wish to use those you must PM all the hosts with this information.

A player may only launch one nuke per daylight cycle, unless specified otherwise. The exception is that you may always launch nukes in retaliation to an attack on your country.

You may launch nukes even if you don't have any. This will be reported and executed exactly like normal nukes, except no damage will be done and the radiation level of the earth is not increased. You cannot choose to launch duds if you have normal nukes available for launch.

After a nuclear warhead has been launched, it will take 8-20 hours until it lands, announced at the time of launch. No nukes may be launched in the last 8 hours of every daylight cycle.

Every time a warhead successfully explodes, the radiation level of the Earth rises by 1, and we're one step closer to nuclear holocaust.

Radiation:

Nuclear warfare causes fallout. That's bad for the planet. If the world reaches severe radiation levels it will start having an impact on the players in the game. If the radiation reaches critical, the world ends, everyone dies and the Failed State wins.

You will have an indication on how high the radiation level is, but you will not know exactly how many nukes it takes to end the world.

Countries:

Every player represents a country. You will have fitting abilities for your country. You are not allowed to post or quote any PM you receive from mods, but you can claim what country you are and what abilities you have, just in your own words.

Communications:

This game features a new system, an experiment, that requires everyone to actually not be a fucking idiot. No private messaging, IRC conversations, TS conversations or otherwise discussing the game outside the thread. The mafia can of course communicate with each other as they like, but aside from that, do NOT talk about the game outside the game thread, unless otherwise specified.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:04:57 am by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

July 07, 2011, 12:25:44 am
Reply #2

Offline Palmar

Re: Reserved
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:44 am »
Reserved for in-game information

Signups are open, just sign up in this thread. I will accept about 12-18 players into the game.

Signups:

Shiftey
Hugman
Abyiss
TTaM
Grishnag
Blackwhale
Starbrow
Cwave
Yoica
Graxlos
Tyler
Archz
Kendoki
Kagemoth
Surim
Vdti
Eetion
Vorte
Sintrael
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:35:13 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

July 07, 2011, 01:08:47 am
Reply #3

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 01:08:47 am »
Sounds fun.

Edit:  Also related!

Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 07, 2011, 01:09:29 am
Reply #4

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:09:29 am »
Me in.

July 07, 2011, 01:17:37 am
Reply #5

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:17:37 am »
Me too...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 07, 2011, 01:47:27 am
Reply #6

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:27 am »
Blackwhale in!
If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

July 07, 2011, 08:23:58 am
Reply #7

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:23:58 am »
Weapons ready.

July 07, 2011, 08:56:55 am
Reply #8

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:55 am »
Sounds like fun. I'll join in on this one too.

July 07, 2011, 10:08:03 am
Reply #9

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:03 am »
mememe

July 07, 2011, 02:28:22 pm
Reply #10

Offline Palmar

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:22 pm »
Just so it's clear.

This game allows firing NUCLEAR MISSILES at people you disagree with/don't like/think are scum/just want to ruin their day.
Trolls are awesome!

July 07, 2011, 02:32:54 pm
Reply #11

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 02:32:54 pm »
Just so it's clear.

This game allows firing NUCLEAR MISSILES at people you disagree with/don't like/think are scum/just want to ruin their day.

Hey man, I already have ##Nuke: Arches copy pasted into my clipboard.

Where are all the other real men?

July 07, 2011, 02:34:28 pm
Reply #12

Offline Palmar

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »
Just so it's clear.

Hey man, I already have ##Nuke: Arches copy pasted into my clipboard.

Where are all the other real men?

rofl

If a nuke doesn't get fired within the first 15 minutes of the game I'll be disappointed.
Trolls are awesome!

July 07, 2011, 04:27:57 pm
Reply #13

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »
Yeah okay I'm game for this.

July 07, 2011, 10:02:42 pm
Reply #14

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »
When will this game start? I wont be home for another 10 days :(

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:15:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users