Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual Raid] Shaman (Heal) - Varol [Accepted]

July 15, 2011, 02:10:31 pm
Read 6715 times

Applicant

[Casual Raid] Shaman (Heal) - Varol [Accepted]
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Varol
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Varol/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (Heal)
Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

Hello this is Fırat from Turkey, I'm 20 year old Economy student at university. I like playing wow, hanging out with friends, drinking beer, playing guitar and etc. I'm playing wow for nearly 3 years now, started with a shaman leveled him up to 55 and then switched to a dk leveled him to 80, raidid him in the mid-wotlk and then my account got hacked and I cant get it back so I started from the beginning leveled a warrior up, raided with my warrior in Toc and ICC then I took a brake because of school and RL issues. Last summer some old friends decided to move to a new server and wanted me to join them too, so I leveled up a new shaman and literally love it. I am applying to IE casual raid because I'm a little busy to raid more than 2 nights per week.

Spec:

When my friends invited me they said they need a healer so I leveled my shaman as resto and healing since then. I love shaman's style of healing because of its versatility like purging, interrupting, providing many buff (some are unique, some are not). I have Enha as my offspec just to be flexible when doing dungeons with friends and to quest easier. I have 370 ilevel equipped on my resto gear fully gemmed and enchanted ofc with best options available, and have 360 ilevel equipped on my enha gear which serves my purpose pretty well.

I want to talk about my spec a little, I have specced into Telluric Currents because it gives me something to do when im not healing and when possible its a great way to regen mana. I didnt spec into Cleansing Waters because in 25 man raids priests can also dispel&heal with only 1 major glyph at the same time without spending 2 talent points and also there isnt many places to dispel some debuffs from fellow raiders in the current 25 man content.And finally I spec into Ancestral Swiftness rather than Elemental Precision because i think the %15 movespeed bonus and instant ghost wolf's benefit is greater than not-missing some ligtning bolts.

Class:

Since cataclysm's release resto shaman's mastery was the weakest stat overall but after the good buffs, now it is more benefitable and provides more throughput than any other stat when talking in general. But there is an exception to this, which is the first haste cap for extra ticks on Riptide and Earthliving which is 915 for non-goblins and 788 for goblins. So i reforge-gem-enchant to get the 788 haste and put rest of my secondary stats on mastery as much as possible. But I'm thinking to change my reforging to haste-heavy when I get my 2 piece t12 because if i can make riptide tick faster, i can get more mana back via the bonus.

Alts:

I have a 85 warrior which I mainly PvP and he has some OK tank gear to tank BWD and BoT.

Professions:

I have Inscription and Blacksmithing for only their personal bonuses. Dont have too many glyphs and my BS isnt full skill but since I can use their benefits I'm ok with that.

Raid Experience:

I got 7/13 hc progress on BWD,BoT and TotFW. (Nef,Cho,Asc Counc,Sinestra,Conclave and Al'Akir was left)
And I have 5/7 progress on Firelands.

WoL

Alysrazor kill 14/07/2011
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rq27m4agzcuzmq0c/sum/healingDone/?s=11294&e=12046

Beth'tilac kill 6/7/2011
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y8shnlqbkgm9n9n1/sum/healingDone/?s=4644&e=5068

Baleroc kill 6/7/2011
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y8shnlqbkgm9n9n1/sum/healingDone/?s=9133&e=9496

Previous Guilds:

I was in Equilibrium for a while, the reason I left there because I am tired of raiding 3 nights a week and want to reduce it to 2 if my application is accepted.

Availability:

Most of time I could be available to raid but as a university student I have exam periods which I will inform you guys about.

Communication:

I dont have TS3 but i dont think it's too hard to install and use, so no problem. I am not the most talkative person but I can talk when needed. Also my English skills should be enough to communicate.

Computer / Connection:

My pc system can handle the game easily. Most of the time my connection is fast and stable, but during rain or storms it can be a bit slow. I havent experienced any Dc issues.

Addons/UI:

http://tinypic.com/r/2nv54yb/7

My UI in a 25 man raid.

Other Games:

I don't play many games other than WoW. Sometimes CoD with friends.

Why Iron Edge?

Well IE is one of the oldest and best guilds in Dunemaul which offers a good community, also casual raid's raiding schedule fits mine.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I dont like to give big promises but I try to do my best as long as rest of the team I work with does the same. When I think someone is putting less effort than me, first I talk to that person about it, after that I talk to Role/Class Leader about the situation. I dont like to miss raids if I dont have any emergency or more important RL stuff.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

I play in Dunemaul since I started wow. Its hard to not to hear about IE.

Last Words?

I dont have anything fancy to say right no as last words, so I will skip this part

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:39:33 pm by TTaM »

July 15, 2011, 02:23:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: [Casual Raid] Shaman (Heal) - Varol
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:24 pm »
Sure you don't want to raid 4 days a week? :(
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 15, 2011, 02:28:01 pm
Reply #2

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »
Pretty nice apply, shame you cant raid 4 days since A-raid are in need for resto shamans.

Thumbs up from me and GL with an apply.

emo? >3

July 15, 2011, 02:37:10 pm
Reply #3

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »
Hello and thanks for applying to casual raid. Blackwhale will respond to you soon

July 15, 2011, 02:42:13 pm
Reply #4

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:42:13 pm »
So what happened with your friends? (: Might have missed it if you wrote it in your app

July 15, 2011, 02:44:36 pm
Reply #5

Offline Varol

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »
Well our friend guild was in The Venture Co. server when some people start to fight over being the guildmaster, the guild disbanded and I migrated back to Dunemaul :)

July 16, 2011, 01:07:10 pm
Reply #6

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »
i like him, this guy knows his class and his gears good too! do we need more healers though? curious theory with the haste heavy 2 piece! but the next tick from haste is around 1260 or something which is a bit of a jump from sticking on the 1 tick softcap and because youre doing it for mana return i ask, do you run out of mana? because i think sticking to your current mastery build will be much better for throughput unless your having mana problems.
i cant say i have mana problems i try to keep myself around 2500 spirit, something ive been concidering trying out is telluric currents with the new cast and move at the same time glyph!

July 16, 2011, 07:17:48 pm
Reply #7

Offline Varol

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 07:17:48 pm »
well Worldbinder It's hard to go oom as a shaman on 25 man raids if you have 2100+ passive spirit, tsunami and 4p t11 as you already know I assume. But Im not sure about heroic t12 content fights so the haste heavy build was only a possible plan and if it doesnt go well I can easily redo my reforging  ;)

July 16, 2011, 07:39:38 pm
Reply #8

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:38 pm »
All i've read from that is  "I wanna be as good as paladin"
High functioning sociopath.

July 16, 2011, 09:46:21 pm
Reply #9

Offline Worldbinder

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 09:46:21 pm »
this is cojche! he has a worst enemy who he wants dead, called Spirit Link Totem, who he swears blind is the source of all shaman healing! (outhealed his ass before SLT existed yo ;P )
i dont doubt it will be good ^^ just theory talkin with ya! i can tell you know your class well

July 16, 2011, 10:01:19 pm
Reply #10

Offline Varol

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »
Well doing more healing than paladins are easy cake right now as a shaman, even without Spirit Link Totem so i can understand all the paladins who are jelaous  ;D. Also I would love to talk about my class and interesting ideas to improve my playstyle.

July 17, 2011, 09:21:05 am
Reply #11

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 09:21:05 am »
You'll need to wait for Blackwhale for a definitive answers, but I'd sure like to see you make that boast come true! That would mean our current shamans are slacking!  :P

July 17, 2011, 12:37:55 pm
Reply #12

Offline Varol

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:55 pm »
You guys are sure that Blackwhale is alive right? :D

July 17, 2011, 01:12:25 pm
Reply #13

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 01:12:25 pm »
Nobody is sure of that my friend. Ancients said one should never question where does he come from, what he is and his sexual orientation. All we know he is called Blackwhale.
High functioning sociopath.

July 17, 2011, 04:16:06 pm
Reply #14

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 04:16:06 pm »
i've been working ALOT this weekend and im heading to work right now.

Ill respond to the applications when i come home from work this evening.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:12:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

95 Guests, 1 User
Xormn