Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Rage

October 10, 2011, 05:38:36 pm
Reply #30

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

Re: Rage
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »
Im not sure Sint, i doubt it would do any harm to put it. If you really need vt_maxpPPF "8" command (its for dual core cpu's) put it not only cfg but also in launch command for game.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1238149-rage-cfg-maker/

In my oppinion just try to use that tool?

October 10, 2011, 10:20:55 pm
Reply #31

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:55 pm »
OK, got it running with Narw's Ultimate Fix post. Had no gfx issues for 2h, smooth framerates, but now I occasionally get some flicker bugs when racing (strangely, the first 5 races were OK). Well, shrug, no biggie.

Odd thou for an id game - I'm constantly out of ammo...
The hardest part of Mutant Bash TV was conserving enough ammo. Meh! Guess I gotta buy some.

October 10, 2011, 11:11:42 pm
Reply #32

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 11:11:42 pm »
How can u be out of ammo?  Only place I ran out was the mutant bash... and that was just with 1 gun.  Still had 4-5 guns with ammo left.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 10, 2011, 11:13:48 pm
Reply #33

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 11:13:48 pm »
I... shoot mutants!

Dunno, so far I was always short on ammo, ran out on Mutant Bash and had to go Melee. I assume the game expects you to stock up in shops.

October 11, 2011, 12:29:59 am
Reply #34

Inphy

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:59 am »
So much trouble to play a silly game. Makes you want to delete the game and play something else.

But how would you rate the game so far? I should be able to run it without problems on Nvidia card with i7 so it might be worth a shot.

October 11, 2011, 12:47:53 am
Reply #35

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:53 am »
The game has a few problems.  It's pretty short.  It needs a map (damn them for not including a map.)  It has controls designed for consoles.  It uses the same levels for 2-3 quests.  However, it's quite fun in short doses.  I like the driving!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 11, 2011, 01:14:09 am
Reply #36

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 01:14:09 am »
I would give it hmm, 6,5/10. Definitly wasnt worth putting the effort into making it playable. Still, im big fan of post apocalyptic stuff so will prolly finish it.

October 11, 2011, 10:09:31 am
Reply #37

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 10:09:31 am »
OK, regarding the ammo problem, now I noticed I can buy&carry truckloads of ammo from the vendor.

Regarding the game Inphy, I wouldn't buy it.

• At least on PC, I don't see the engine being the Next Big Thing. Seems Carmack went a bit into the wrong direction. So the artists are able to directly paint the world, so no texture ever gets repeated. Thing is, with most modern games, you don't really notice repeating textures anyway, due to texture overlaying/decals etc. Apparently internally id software worked with Terabytes of textures. For release they had to scale it down to 3 DVDs, thus now we have a product where everything is pretty from a distance and mushy closeup, cause there are no detail textures.

• The world is completely static: You can shoot certain objects (destructable crates etc), but 99% is a fixed world mesh. This applies to stuff like chairs, couches, tables, vases. Shoot a vase on a table, nothing happens.

• The world lighting is completely static/prebaked. There seems to be no dynamic lighting of the world mesh at all, apart from some basic flicker fx (torches etc). Shoot a light, the light does not move nor cast any moving dynamic shadows. This is something their previous engine introduced (Doom 3) which is now completely missing. Wtf. Only character models are dynamically lit.

• I'm not sure the engine running at 60 FPS instead of 30 makes such a big difference. Especially in a single player game (no deathmatch) and with mouse controls being very wacky on my system: Mouse movement is very "jittering" and creates some screen-tearing like effect, even with mouse smooth option on. Problem doesn't exist when using a gamepad, but that doesn't really take advantage of 60 FPS responsiveness.

• Gamepad controls: I can only select 4 weapons without pausing the game and using the inventory? Why didn't they use a bigger weapon selection wheel like Ratchet&Clank or Deus Ex:HR? Same with secondary weapons. Due to controls, bandages are pretty useless, because unless you have them preselected (digital stick), you're never gonna select+use them in time during combat.

• Combat: Suffers from Enemy-have-bullet-weapons syndrome. Enemies either instant hit you or not, typical problem with games where enemies have bullet firearms. You can't evade a bullet. Makes for lame combat cause it's basically kill-them-faster-than-they-kill-you.

• Crafting system/inventory: Yeah awesome, so instead of directly placing items like secret-door-openers in the the world, they place 3 components from which I can create that item myself. Whoa - DEEP!

• Driving: Meh, that feels like some quake mod (low quality). Between-mission vehicle combat boils down to Stop & Turn towards enemy & Blast him with rocket launcher & Be done.

• Level design: That once was - right next to tech -  one of id's strengths. So far I have not seen a single interesting set piece in Rage. The first 4h have been tons of samey enemies in pretty but gameplay-dull corridors. Yeah, this ain't Half-Life.

TL;DR: A pretty but simple shooter, and 6 years of development don't show. Compared to today's other AAA games, nothing out of the ordinary.

October 11, 2011, 01:33:03 pm
Reply #38

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 01:33:03 pm »
To fix the screen tearing, you need to turn vsync on.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 11, 2011, 02:07:52 pm
Reply #39

Offline Slash

• Guild Member

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
played for like 5 hours now.. i like the game overall, the only thing i can say i dislike for now is how the mobs die, sometimes when i head shot the damn thing doesnt die -_- but thats all, racing is nice and fun actually reminded me kinda of Death Race when i saw the "Weapons Offline" thing so i had fun clearing all the races in Wellspring :D

"He who doesn't fear death dies only once." - Giovanni Falcone
"Going to Paris to create art is now like sitting and waiting for a butterfly to fart." - Charles Bukowski

October 11, 2011, 02:33:18 pm
Reply #40

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:18 pm »
Only problem with the racing is that it's FAR too easy.  Especially the rocket races.  You can just get so far ahead of the other cars that they can't fire their rockets at you...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 11, 2011, 03:57:42 pm
Reply #41

Offline Slash

• Guild Member

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
thats.. quite true, one race i started killing the dude that was last lol xD

"He who doesn't fear death dies only once." - Giovanni Falcone
"Going to Paris to create art is now like sitting and waiting for a butterfly to fart." - Charles Bukowski

October 11, 2011, 04:22:51 pm
Reply #42

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 04:22:51 pm »
Am also 5 hours into the game now.. I've completed the races in the first town, and TTaM is correct in that it's too easy. I think I had to try twice on _one_ of the races, the rest were oneshots.

I've also noticed that the monster hitbox isn't all that realistic.. a shot to the head does in many cases not seem to have increased impact, which is bad.

Other than that, I'm liking the game a lot, and loving that it runs so smoothly on my partially outdated system. It seems to have some sort of option that blurs everything around you in the directions you are not looking, which eases the load quite a bit. Ofcourse it takes a while for it to un-blur when you turn around, but I'd trade that for performance anyday.

Also, I have now realised that terrifying mutants are not my favourite kind of mutants :(

October 11, 2011, 04:40:45 pm
Reply #43

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 04:40:45 pm »
I like the card game, too.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 12, 2011, 11:06:32 pm
Reply #44

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 11:06:32 pm »
Just completed the game, and I must say it's way too short for its type of game. I was expecting a lot more story for my money, but it took me about 9-10 hours to complete the game with gold medal on all races, more cash than I could spend and enough firepower to bring down a death star..

It had a feel to it of Borderlands mixed with Fallout: New Vegas, but lacking in just about every aspect apart from performance. No RPG-elements, too generic levels in which you'd never stop and think where you had to go, very little free-roaming, even though it was an open world.. Generally I'd say it's not worth the buy for the above mentioned reasons, along with Multiplayer being a little meh.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:40:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 0 Users