Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Iron Edge Dota 2 Power Rank 20/4

April 20, 2012, 06:13:21 pm
Read 9087 times

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

Iron Edge Dota 2 Power Rank 20/4
« on: April 20, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »
It's time for them Power Ranks again. We have 8 games on the menu this week, most of them pretty delicious games! I'll be doing a new thread each time now because well... It's kinda spammy, but spoilers and huge threads are annoying to work with. This actually takes a lot of time!

If you want your games that I didn't play included in the Power Rank, you need to screenshot the post game screen and put the image somewhere in this thread. Delling did that for the games I missed this week.

So let's not wait any longer, I'm sure you're all excited about this week's Power Rank! This week's Power Rank will be themed, NFL quarterbacks go!

1. Tyler

Tyler is "Big" Ben Roethlisberger. Just like the tough as nail Quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Tyler is leadership and management embodied in the Iron Edge games.

They say that when the quarterback gets hit by a defender the play ends, unless that quarterback is Ben Roethlisberger, in his case the play begins when he's hit. Killing Tyler repeatedly is pointless. He will make damn sure his team is lead to victory, fuck the gankers.

You can gank carry players into oblivion to keep them down, but you can't break leadership, you can't outfarm good management and while you can prevent Ghost from picking morphling or pluug from picking storm spirit by banning them, you can't Ban Tyler from doing what he does best.

Well deserved, old man!

2. Pálmar

I am Eli Manning, the clutch quarterback of the New York Giants. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if the raw ability isn't there. Just like Peyton's younger brother it's not about being flashy all the way through. It's not about being dominant every game. But good leadership, good decision making and good mechanics make sure that I always give my team the opportunity to win the game.

Posting very solid K/D stats this week (71 - 28), I managed to push myself ahead of Kawe in the race for the second spot.

3. Toastcleaner

Kawe is Michael Vick, the freak athletic quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. A perfect analogy Vick, Kawe isn't your conventional successful Dota player. Vick is just as likely to run the ball using his godlike speed, as he is to throw it. Kawe possesses a similarly unique skill in Dota, namely his ridiculously strong split-second decision making and reactions.

Kawe is also more likely than anyone in Iron Edge to show us flashy plays, sharing that trait with Michael Vick. He's a thrilling player to watch, and when other players seem to have a mental cap as to how many spells and items they're able to use in a pinch, Kawe doesn't seem hindered by anything like that. More options is better.

As a sidenote, I think Kawe may be one of the most "banned against" player in Iron Edge.

4. Delling

Delling is Tim Tebow, recently aquired by the Jets after his mindblowing season with the Broncos.

Tebow has been dubbed the worst quarterback in the league by his detractors, and one look at his traditional numbers seems to confirm he might just be. Similarly Delling's unimpressive (28 - 29) score in the last week seems to not be the kind of thing ending you up in the Power Rank.

But just like America's most popular NFL athlete, Delling just wins. You might think those numbers were from a pretty average schedule, but no. Delling isn't your normal Power Ranker, he has an astonishing 4-1 score, better than both Kawe and Myself this last week.

This game is about winning, and it doesn't have to be pretty. With Delling it rarely is, but it's the results that count, and no one can deny Delling his spot among the elite this week.

5. Ghost

Ghost is Drew Brees, the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints. Ghost is your typical "put me on the field and I will perform" kind of player, just like his New Orleans counterpart. And his 17-1 performance on Morphling just shows what he's capable of.

Ghost always performs, he's long ago proven himself to be an Elite player. Drew Brees is always the centerpiece of the New Orleans offense, posting the most passing yards in a single season in the history of NFL last year, it bears striking resemblance to the questions faced by Ghost's opponents: "How is Ghost going to destroy us this game?"

Statistics

Some random Statistics, to help with the suspense before we get into the real deal!

• Unlike last week, Dire won 7 out of 8 games this week. Having lost 5 out of 6 in the last power rank.
  • Pluug had the most stompy performance this week, going 20-0 on Skeleton King.
  • Tidehunter was the most picked hero (6) Veno, CM and Windrunner were picked 5 times each.
  • Most deaths in one game were by Curu on Sand King (15)
  • Tyler and Arches played the most games (7)

Shit Tier: Cwave

Cwave is Blaine Gabbert, much criticized quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Aside from the fact that he actually kinda resembles the guy, Cwave has many the same flaws as the unimpressive quarterback.

Gabbert's critics say he's way too quick to let go of the ball when he's afraid of getting hit, and we all know how fast Cwave turns his tail and runs when he thinks he's in any kind of danger.

Cwave didn't have a good week winning games (1 - 5) or making plays in those games (22 - 42). Gabbert and Cwave don't show much in terms of leadership either, completing a pretty embarrassing performance for both of them.

That's it for this week's Power Rank. I will accept ideas for themes, game screenshots and such via IRC or in this thread!
Trolls are awesome!

April 20, 2012, 06:21:03 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Iron Edge Dota 2 Power Rank 20/4
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:03 pm »
Aw, I was hoping I'd be further up -- but yeah, my score was pretty bad! I think it's because I still primarily play support, but still haven't mastered staying at the back/out of trouble. It'll come to me eventually I think -- I was exceptionally good at it in WoW. Just need to learn the layout of the map, and get more practice.

I would disagree that Ghost always performs. When he gets hit hard early on, or fucks up in some way, he doesn't usually recovery very well. He goes all quiet and pouty.
Now I run a tech website.

April 20, 2012, 06:23:46 pm
Reply #2

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:23:46 pm »
you played: Venomancer, Vengeful Spirit, Skeleton King, Bane and Viper.
Trolls are awesome!

April 20, 2012, 06:29:19 pm
Reply #3

Offline Fulskar

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:29:19 pm »
Good read, hopefully I can participate in more 5v5's in the next few weeks. Seem to always be around when they're not.

Some ideas for themes:

- Pro SC2 players
- Pro Dota / Dota 2 players
- Pro gamers in general
- Dictators past and present
- Political figures in general

April 20, 2012, 07:31:35 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »
Awesome reading as always Palmar, I'm loving the theme thing idea.
Well deserved ranks, Tyler no.1 with all the awesome wards and support he is bringing into games.

emo? >3

April 23, 2012, 01:33:14 am
Reply #5

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:14 am »
Remember to get me screenshots of the games I didn't play in this week.
Trolls are awesome!

April 23, 2012, 01:39:02 am
Reply #6

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:39:02 am »
Kawe said he will do it after he clean his toaster!

emo? >3

April 25, 2012, 02:24:44 am
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:24:44 am »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:17:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 0 Users