Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Supre

May 15, 2015, 02:27:59 am
Read 6007 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Supre
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:27:59 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Supre
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Supre/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Greetings Iron Edge,

I must confess it has been a long time, and dare I say it a long time coming. Due to popular demand here we go.

My name is Petar Stojanovic, I am 27 years old and currently live and work in Vienna/Austria. Originally I am from Serbia but a long while back (Even when I was raiding w/ the old Iron Edge) I moved over to work w/ my family.  

I enjoy playing games of all king, WoW, Dota and generally anything that's new, regardless of if it is single player or not. I sadly have less time to enjoy it then in the heyday but... we all have to get old no?  

Class/Spec:

Currently I play Sub, as it is the "go to" spec for this content along w/ Combat on the offspec for aoe and bosses where I can get the most bang for my buck.

Regarding what I actually enjoy the most sadly that would be Assassination > Combat > Sub.

My Rogue is FAR from geared, that much is clear, tho I do have the will to raid and progress along w/ the experience to pull it off, but we will get into that later.

My Rogues gear lvl is 645 as Sub and Combat.

Alts:

I have played every class of every spec at one point on another, worst case I have lvld every class multiple times.

Regarding raiding properly and seriously I have done so on only 3 classes.

Paladin, Rogue, Warrior

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Triumvir/advanced  <---- Pala

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Donvir/advanced <---- Warr

My Warrior was my main this xpac, I tanked everything up till Operator Mythic. Tho I can play the other 2 specs w/ no problems.

My Paladin has been my main for the past 10 years. When I stopped raiding I spent a lot of time doing PvP.

Professions:

On the Rogue I have Enchanting and LW, the reason for this was that Enchanting use to be able to enchant rings and LW had the best bracer enchant in the game. Nowadays? no real reason to pick or chose any profession, Garrison has made them all almost irrelevant. You only get faster profession specific mats if you have a prof.

On my other alts I have all the professions in the game up to lvl 600.  

Raiding Experience:

I will skip over Vanilla since iv done everything up until Nax where I had to quit due to me moving back to Europe (I use to live in the States during High School days).

TBC I finished everything as well, especially Sunwell before any nerfs. Level of raiding was top 50-100 Guild world wise.

Wrath was the high point, for me this was the golden age of WoW and the best xpac thus
far. Along w/ numerous Server Firsts I was at the top of my game as a Holy Paladin.

Level of raiding was top 16-100 Guild world wise.

Cata was idd the shattering for me, I stopped raiding on my Paladin and focused on PvP. By the end of it all I got my first Glad as Ret in the last season, along w/ leading my RBG team and getting a few Heroes of the Alliance achies. PvE wise I started focusing on my Rogue during the end of the Firelands. I got everything ex Raggy down as my Guild was very relaxed and pushing forward and mass wipes was not what it focused on. I finished Dragon Soul at the end w/ my Rogue as well, a series of nerfs had been implemented by then tho. This was a very casual Guild w/ friends and I just played to have fun.

MoP came around, as far as im concerned the lowest point in this game. I got another Glad title and my first Rank 1 title on the Pala. Raiding wise I skipped over everything up until SoO. I started tanking on my Paladin on Kazzak. Finally I had mastered all 3 specs. I tanked everything up till Garrosh, at this point my casual Guild fell apart. I swapped to Bifrost and played for a few raids as Ret, very depressing to see Ret doing half the dmg of the Mages and Locks I called it before I could actually get any get and thus fkk over the Guild. I moved back to Ravencrest Alliance where I got Garrosh down w/ a friend of mine and his Guild when they needed 1 more dps to help them.

WoD - 1/7 HM Mythic and so far 6/10 BRF Mythic w/ my Warrior tank.

Since the end of Wotlk up until now I have generally played w/ friends and in casual Guilds, I have stopped chasing the "best raiding experience" and swapped it to enjoying the game w/ friends.

Previous Guilds:

In Vanilla I was in two Guilds, one was The Order of the Black Rose (Hey... I was 16... give me a break...) and Shadows of Altherac, we opened the AQ gates, so it was clearly a step up.

Before TBC I moved back to Europe and got my Paladin. I started on Haomarush in a Guild where my friends were and where I could start off, from there I moved to the best Guild on the server "Jotun", sadly that Guild fell apart and I moved to the second best Horde Guild and thus the second best Guild on the server now "Invictus" raided there from Hyjal & BT till we got the first boss down in Sunwell. At this point they wanted to move servers, I did not enjoy my time in there so I moved to Dunemaul. Made a application to where most my friends laughed at me and said I did not stand a chance at the time. Yes, Iron Edge.

Fate smiled upon me and I got accepted since their former Paladin "Lobster"... or something left. I was a tad bit under geared (Or so they said) but I was given a chance to prove myself. When I entered IE they had just killed Brutalus. But up until we got to Felmyst (the third boss) I was first on healing w/ zero mistakes made. At the time I was very much into the healing meters and was doing well. FM went down on the first night I think. Twins a few raids later. I got promoted to raider. After the twins we could not progress on to Muru as there was a door and we would have to wait another week.

The week later the doors opened and we hit a brick wall, and not just any brick wall, a brick wall on dope and steroids... Muru was a nightmare of true epic proportions. I must confess I nearly quit. The former GM expected me to solo heal the main tank who was picking up the big adds, the healing was so intense on my then 3ms comp that I started hating the game and having nightmares. We were use to decreasing the healing spell lvl but on Muru u had to go max lvl and thus rape ur mana, every time I did not crit heal the tank had a good chance of dying. I was blamed every time he died. It was a heavy mix of casting, and if he does not get hit in the last mili-sec u had to stop cast to save mana.

Anyways, the boss fell after like 300 tries (At the time this many tries was a massive feat for us). KJ was a pushover after Muru. The nerfs hit a month or so after.

We were ready to on Wotlk.

Wotlk was very enjoyable, right off the bat the lvl of difficulty could be felt was much much lower. Nax could be done w/ half a brain active, the only problematic boss was Patchwerk because the tanks were not Def capped and could be critted and thus one shotted. After a few crits the RNG Gods looked favorably upon Iron Edge and we killed him. We got the Server first that very night. Two nights and we had already cleared one of the 3 instances. The next night (Or the one after) we pushed on to Malygos, we too died and granted us another Server first. Sadly we did not have the time to push into Sats lair and a combo of So What and Ravenous (Old players will remember these Guilds) got the SF from there.

Ulduar came out, it was a nightmare, farming Nax for ages made us all lose our edge, ppl got bored and quit and only a handful of the old crew remained. We pushed on. We lost the first kill on Yog to some random Turkish Guild, altho there was no SF for the normal kill. We recruted more players and by the end got Algalon and Yog no lights Server First just barely ahead of the other Guilds. The massive problems in the Guild could be felt by everyone.  

Ohh, did I mention this is about the time when I got Rash into the Guild? (Sorry Rash, it had to be said !)

We did ToTGC when it came out, we had a solid team by then and had a fair advantage in legendaries and progress. Sadly Legendaries were not all that was needed and we had recruited a few tards that constantly forgot to put up healing totems on Anub and this wipe us. We lost the Grand Crusader Server First less the 12hrs to Ravenous.

We moved on to ICC, this time was a boiling point btwn the former GM of IE and myself, we sadly had not seen eye to eye since the start and had been at each others throats for many years now. With the lack of progress, losing kills to another Turkish Guild that had formed at the time and the constant arguments w/ the GM I decided to call it. It was a very hard decision since I was getting along very well w/ most other members.

I joined some Romanian Guild to play w/ friends, oddly enough we almost took the server first at the time.

After this I moved to Ravencrest Alliance and to await Cata.

In Cata I joined Alterac Deviants while I pvpd. I am still in this Guild w/ my Paladin.

Availability:

I can make it to 90% of the raids, probably more, but I don't want to make promises to more then 90%.

I generally work from 7:00 in the morning, and thus can easily make the Guild raid times. Sadly some times I work from 14:00, altho this should not be a problem as I organize my work times and when I need to work from 14:00 I will just move it to non raiding days.

Regarding holidays, I will prob take a week off sometime during July or something, but I dont have the exact date now.

Communication:

Yes I am proficient in English, I do have TS3 and I do try to listen. I got a working mic and I tend to be very chatty when I get used  to the ppl im playing with.

Computer / Connection:

My rig is much better then a few xpacs ago, no fps issues, the connection is decent and stable. No high pings or lag. And I generally never dc.

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs, Debuff Filter, (Hermes when I tank), Mobile Energy, NugComboBar, Recount.

http://postimg.org/image/5p4www24p/ <--- Rogue

Mind u, no Bigwigs on that SS, I turned it off.

http://postimg.org/image/ylsuda6ef/ <---- Warrior w/ Bigwigs.

Other Games:

As mentioned above I enjoy Dota, and a wide range of other games.

Why Iron Edge?

I have always felt that this was my home, every other Guild never had the same feel. I could have returned sooner but I never saw the point of it. I have a couple of friends left in IE, might as well enjoy the game where I had my best days. Not to mention that the ppl I had a problem with are no longer a part of the Guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

At this time except my high attendance and the will to play? very little. I take myself as a highly skilled player, no where as good as I was once but still better then most. Low level of mistakes, good overall performance. I don't have a problem w/ communicating and swapping or adapting to new tactics.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

As stated before I was in the Guild for a number of years and have known about it for a long long while. Before that? from friends who played on Dunemaul for ages.

Last Words?

I may not be what I was, my characters gear is appalling, but I would like you (The members of IE) to look upon this as a kind of investment into the future. I will pull my own weight and sing for my dinner. I may not have the best experience as a Rogue but my overall high experience while raiding and playing this game for over 10years has made me be able to adapt to a new class fast.

I thank you for your time and for reading my application.

Kind regards,

Supremacy

May 15, 2015, 03:20:03 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Supre
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:20:03 am »
That was a nice read.

Supremacy did indeed vouch for me when I joined, so I'm happy to return the favor now, a couple of years later :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

May 15, 2015, 05:52:20 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:52:20 am »
Holy shit this app.. There's always room in the weekend raid for one of your alts xD

Always happy to see old players rejoin.
Ba dun tss!

May 15, 2015, 06:35:33 am
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:35:33 am »
Sooooo,

Normally I rip applications apart, you've stopped me doing that here. Quality application by a country mile best I've seen. I'm guessing with rashs vote it's only a matter of when and not if.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

May 15, 2015, 10:15:57 am
Reply #4

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:57 am »

Normally I rip applications apart

Yeah, I use to do that too.

p.s. Why cant I see my "Signature" and the other stuff that I had for ages? I see it on my profile but not here?

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

May 15, 2015, 10:17:08 am
Reply #5

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:17:08 am »
Nvm, guess the above was just a application format, ignore me.

May 15, 2015, 10:49:34 am
Reply #6

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:34 am »
I just noticed that the "class/spec" Is missing even tho I did write a solid chunk of info. I will paste it here from the original app. No idea why this was not included in the app, is there a limit to how long it can be?

Sub -

As Sub the opener is the "hard" part as you are required to start well in advance and execute it w/ perfect precision, dare I say it far more demanding then any other class (Hate inc). Now I did not say Rogues are harder to play, I just said the sub opener is hard to get perfect.

Well in advance before combat you need the healers to crit heal you for Honor Among Thieves to proc 10 combo pts (Failing that 10sec in advance casting Premeditation to get 2 cp worth of Slice and dice work fine as well), at witch time you cast a 5cp S&D 3 second before the pull, 2 second before hit the pot, and as soon as the tank pulls Shadow Step in hit Ambush, Hemo and then depending on the talents hit Ambust again (If you have the Subterfuge talent, and I dont because my gear is crap) or Backstand and then quickly Shadow Reflection, Garrote and then keep spamming Ambushes w/ trinkets used and what not during your Shadow Dance.

After this point the main goal is to keep Find Weakness up as long as humanly possible for maximum benefit. The maximum should be around 35-40sec, depending on the opener and when you used your Shadow Dance. Some rogues find that during the opener waiting for Find Weakness to drop to 1sec and then entering Shadow Dance to be the best way, I find it all comes down to Bloodlust.

Regarding the Stats its Multistrike > Mastery

Talents are more or less the same as most other Rogues, I prefer what you see on my armory:

Shadow Focus - Due to not having the gear to properly use Subterfuge

Combat Readiness - Altho I did fail to see where this talent may actually aid me, Nerve Strike may be a good option for stunnable mobs and Deadly Throw has its uses on some fights.

Elusiveness - Good talent for using on reducing dmg before it happens, requires a bit of pre thinking but Cheat Death is fine for many fights as well.

Shadow Step - Costs nothing = No energy wasted outside of dps. Tho Burst of Speed is very good and very useful on many fights.

Internal Bleeding - I use this for the extra dot when I can stun, I would gladly use Prey on the Weak for the extra dmg the whole raid gets, sadly too many ppl spam stuns and thus doing 10% more dmg for 1second means nothing.

Anticipation - A lot of times as sub you have to wait for combo pts to come to you via HAT because you are preparing for the perfect Shadow Dance and thus your CPs go over 5, w/o this talent that would all go to waist.

Shadow Ref - Flat out most dmg, Death from Above too expensive and does too little dmg and venom rush is more suted for Combat.

Combat -

More or less the other of the two "Easy" specs, Combat is fairly str8 forward. Open w/ Ambush to get 2Cps, hit slice and dice, use Revealing Stike, get ur energy to as low as possible using Sinister Strike (With out CP capping which should not be a issue) and my opinion is to spam SS untill you get Shallow Insight for the extra 10% bonus dmg, at such a time use Killing Spree, and asap after Adrenaline Rush. In this way both your main CDs are used and when you start spamming Evi cos of your energy boom due to AR you get the timers down to almost half (in my gear). At this point just keep S&D up along w/ RS and ur good to roll. Use Vanish w/ Shadow Focus for a low cost 2p Ambush that will aid u in using Evi faster.

Secondary Stats - Haste > MS tho Mastery and Crit are solid stats too.

Talent wise there are changes only on the lvl 100 talents, you take Venom Rush instead of SR.

I realize I have no enchants, but that is mainly due to changing gear all the time, once I get a real quality item or start raiding srsly I will have my full gear enchanted/socketed.

May 15, 2015, 11:57:16 am
Reply #7

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:57:16 am »
Vejeta definetly got a hard on when reading this.

May 15, 2015, 12:56:08 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:56:08 pm »
Vejeta definetly got a hard on when reading this.

Drayne it's still hard now wanna free taste, hate to leave it to waste!
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

May 15, 2015, 02:47:50 pm
Reply #9

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:50 pm »
Vejeta, don't confess you gay desire to me, even though am flattered, Aidan is the one that can help you with these problems, ofc if you are willing to leave your family behhind that is.

May 16, 2015, 11:12:37 pm
Reply #10

Offline rödhake

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »
guildbank is missing 600k fix it !

May 17, 2015, 05:36:02 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 05:36:02 pm »
Kek, me and Nox dabbled with Alterac Deviants too! Weird people.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 17, 2015, 07:00:14 pm
Reply #12

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »
Kek, me and Nox dabbled with Alterac Deviants too! Weird people.

Heya Vorte, long time no see.

May 18, 2015, 01:48:38 pm
Reply #13

Offline Aretum

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:38 pm »
All seems in order.

Some useful stuff re sub/combat in this thread
http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=7917.15
"CAPTAIN! WE'RE SURROUNDED!"
"EXCELLENT, we can fire in any direction now"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:55:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users