Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 22, 2016, 11:57:09 pm
Reply #315

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2016, 11:57:09 pm »
Inexcitus The Town Doctor has been eaten alive

•   Welcome, Inexcitus , you are Malfurian Stormrage, the Town Doctor.

Abilities:
•   Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. You may select yourself to be healed. You may not select the same target twice in a row. You send in your action by sending a PM at night with the name of the target you want to protect.

Win condition:
•   You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

It's now day. Day ends tomorrow at 23:00 gmt+1 23-10-2016
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:22:14 pm by Cwave »

October 23, 2016, 12:02:15 am
Reply #316

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:15 am »
RIP Kili, you'll be missed!

No suprise here I'm going to vote for Archz, Although there is a tiny voice in my head that Vorte might not be who he seems to be.

Anyway we better get this right, because if we don't get the goon with this lynch the town will lose the game.

October 23, 2016, 01:56:29 am
Reply #317

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2016, 01:56:29 am »
Aww Kili, always a healer!  RIP

It could be anyone tbh, and by the rate people are posting last few turns theres basically no chance to find out. If we lose its cuz we were lazy.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 23, 2016, 02:04:32 am
Reply #318

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2016, 02:04:32 am »
I hate this game. Looks like Yoica is taking home a well deserved win!

What this even mean, do you think Yoica is the Kingpin behind it all? Can you elaborate a little?
We really need to get this right, lets at least try :)

Vorte, we haven't had any constructive post from you for a while. Any thoughts?

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 23, 2016, 11:34:50 am
Reply #319

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2016, 11:34:50 am »
I'll keep it short but it's hard to write anything concise. I don't any hard factual evidence that Yoica is mafia, I've just been going over the print (Ctrl+F "Yoica") and reading everything. I just find it a bit weird how Phoenix constantly agrees with him. Now, Yoica was the very first to vote for Phoenix, which is risky mafia play, but at this point it's clear that the mafia have thrown the other two under the bus pretty hard. Yoica is the one I would put my money on being old and wise enough to know that to make it in the long run, the voting pattern need to be good.

And that's the other thing, why isn't he dead? All the other old, wise and experienced players are dead? The doctor can't protect the same player twice in a row, I find it weird that the last mafia hasn't tried to kill him once.

The other thing I find weird is that he didn't attack my argument for suspecting Grilly AT ALL. If I remember correctly, he's a fellow engineer and I think he would loooove to argue at my reasoning there since it was partly a numbers game. He might just be busy/tired of the game like the rest of us, but I found that rather suspicious. I would have expected more of a fight if he were townie.

October 23, 2016, 02:30:23 pm
Reply #320

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
Thank you for confirming you are the mafia.

I just find it a bit weird how Phoenix constantly agrees with him.

He agrees with me once on day 1 and after never again. Curious that you consider this 'constantly'

Now, Yoica was the very first to vote for Phoenix, which is risky mafia play, but at this point it's clear that the mafia have thrown the other two under the bus pretty hard.

Actually both Mouse and Tyler voted for him before I did. I did start on the vote for Phoenix on day 2, because it was pretty clear that one of the votes for Inxcetus had to mafia as I've explained before. This was long BEFORE Hug went on his post spree which ended up with Rash getting lynched and not after "it's clear that the mafia have thrown the other two under the bus pretty hard"

Yoica is the one I would put my money on being old and wise enough to know that to make it in the long run, the voting pattern need to be good.

Thanks for the compliment. It's also why I see your arguments are so full of holes.

And that's the other thing, why isn't he dead? All the other old, wise and experienced players are dead? The doctor can't protect the same player twice in a row, I find it weird that the last mafia hasn't tried to kill him once.

I'm curious as to how you know the doctor can't protect the same player twice in a row? The doctor description was never linked. Cwave only linked a general wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doctor and there it only states some moderators don't allow this, but Cwave never publically posted this. That means you've gotten this information via another source, the mafia only thread maybe?!

Also so far only 'the old' players have been killed by the mafia.
Day one Tyler - probably the most experienced of us
Day two Hug - clearly the cop
Day three Grax - both of us more or less on the same page so it doesn't really matter of us died.
Day four Inexcitus - make sense, because Mouse, Vorte and Inexcitus were all marked as green by EVERYONE meaning that if you had killed me it you would definitely get lynched. Now you have a minimal chance to survive the day by convincing them to vote for me.

The other thing I find weird is that he didn't attack my argument for suspecting Grilly AT ALL. If I remember correctly, he's a fellow engineer and I think he would loooove to argue at my reasoning there since it was partly a numbers game. He might just be busy/tired of the game like the rest of us, but I found that rather suspicious. I would have expected more of a fight if he were townie.

I wasn't sure he was a townie. If you reread my posts on day 3 you'll actually see I have Grilly marked as 2nd most likely to be mafia. Either you died or he died it didn't really matter to me, because it would the other would be mafia and get lynched today.

Again it comes back to doctor you made. The 1st time it was a weak attempt to deflect from Phoenix and today with information none of townies had.

October 23, 2016, 03:30:59 pm
Reply #321

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2016, 03:30:59 pm »

Cards on the table, I learned this late last night when I was ripping on kili for not protecting Hugman and this was the reason, he was trying to play the mafia since they maybe wouldn't go for him since it was so obvious he was the cop and so obvious that he would get protected. I didn't check the actual rule since I thought this was standard to prevent a 1v1 stalemate between doctor and mafia, but apparently there's several set of rules. This was probably just for the doctor to know, but I guess learning about it now with just a lynch left it doesn't affect the game?

October 23, 2016, 04:42:05 pm
Reply #322

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2016, 04:42:05 pm »
So you knew Kili was the doctor before he was killed? Now that is interesting...

October 23, 2016, 05:33:26 pm
Reply #323

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2016, 05:33:26 pm »
added healer pm to post up top

October 23, 2016, 06:03:24 pm
Reply #324

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »
Oke so you've planted a seed of doubt in mind. Try and convince me Vorte or Mouse are plausible mafia candidates and I'll consider changing my vote.

I've reread Mouse's posts and I'm still fairly certain she's town.

I'll reread all of Vorte's post after the kids in bed.

October 23, 2016, 07:03:18 pm
Reply #325

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »
So you knew Kili was the doctor before he was killed? Now that is interesting...

No this was after he had died. I have nothing more to give as far as convincing goes, I only have my gut feeling on you :p

October 23, 2016, 07:48:05 pm
Reply #326

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »
I've reread Vorte's posts and theres not much in them to analyse. :/ Vorte show up! You're playing or not?

Anyway situation from my POV:
1. Arch is remaining goon. Obvious choice, a lot of weird posts from him. Like that time when he called townies to reveal their roles or now when he admitted that he talked with "dead" Kili out of forum thread.

But its Arches, so I'm not even surprised.

2. Yoica is evul mastermind, who played pro town whole game only to kill us off 1 by 1 by the end! Hes smart enough to pull it off, so who knows.. He did play Godfather quite successfully last mafia game (LOTR version)! But I got a feeling if he was a goon mafia would make a lot different strategic choices this game.

Bender, Futurama

October 23, 2016, 08:20:34 pm
Reply #327

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2016, 08:20:34 pm »
If I was the goon there is just no way I would've played as I did for 1 simple reason. You can't play the way I did in LOTR unless you are the godfather because you have to know you are safe from the cop. I've taken an aggressive and pro-active stance since day 1 and the start of day 2 when we didn't know who the cop was.

I've reread day 2 in full, because that is the only day where we had some discussions going on. The 1st day was still random and the 3rd day everyone agreed on phoenix.

I've also looked at the voting for day 1 and day 2. I noticed something I hadn't really looked at before. Rash voted for Archz, giving him 2 votes which brought Archz into the danger zone because the others were only on 2 as well. The order went https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cug9IYNtsqvyPrEkQBjXNSmAgMjaAfg7p1acgMih8gg/edit#gid=0

Inexcitus - 2 (he is a townie and had phoenix vote for him)
Phoenix - 2 (Mouse almost certainly town, and Tyler known townie
Arches - 2 (Rash was the 2nd vote on him)

At that time only Grill and Vorte still had to vote. Why take the risk of bringing one of your own into the danger zone? Particularly since day 1 votes tend to be very random.

On top that Vorte hasn't made a single post today....
But he did start the vote on Rash, but with an extremely weak reasoning.
I am leaving for work, and won't be able to do too many posts until late this evening. I'm going to place my vote on Rash for now, only to make him come out of the woodwork and post something.
This could be mafia play and just for Rash to come with argument Vorte could agree to change his vote. Except Vorte never the chance because Hug went after Rash like a bitch on heat.

No this was after he had died. I have nothing more to give as far as convincing goes, I only have my gut feeling on you :p

Play the devil's advocate like I've done above. I made the assumption you are a townie and relooked at everything. This brought some interesting details to light. You do the same but then assume I'm a townie, because I garantee you I am and see what you come up with.

October 23, 2016, 08:29:38 pm
Reply #328

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2016, 08:29:38 pm »
Sorry, been stupidly busy with an assignment due tonight.

Archz has to be the final mafia, the scenario where Yoica is the mastermind doesn't hold water with me.

Archz did seed doubt about Pheonix, and has had weird posts throughout. I identified the voting summaries as possible scum-play early on, allthough I leaned towards him being just..weird, back then.

I'm sorry for my inactiveness, but I consider the game won with 2 chances to hang both Grilly and Archz.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 23, 2016, 08:30:08 pm
Reply #329

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:08 pm »
Fuck, last vote is tonight? I thought it was tomorrow morning?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:48:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

37 Guests, 0 Users