Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Børky

November 08, 2017, 05:35:42 am
Read 6381 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Børky
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:35:42 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Børky
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/B%C3%B8rky/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: Sam

Class/Spec:

Subtlety is my preferred spec why? Huge single target dps with decent cleave and aoe not to mention the huge buffs that came alongside T20 been playing it since the start of the expansion currently 938Ilvl.

Off spec is Assassination I am not a huge fan of keeping up dots it is around 932 ilvl this is why I have a feral druid for bleeds :D

Lets start with my Stat priority: Agility>Mastery>Versatility=CriticalStrike>Haste
Generally versatility is on par with Critical Strike but the reduced damage taken from versatility makes it a far more viable option.

Rotation:

My Opener (Assuming the use of the legendary hands): Prepot at 3 , Shadowblade at 1 , Shadow Strike , Nightblade , Symbols Of Death , Shadow Strike /Shadow Dance Macro , Eviscerate , Shadow Strike X2 , Vanish , Death From Above , As landing Shadow Dance  , Shadow Strike x2 , Eviscerate , Shadow Strike.  

Alts:

Infusiøn 932 Ilvl Havoc / Vengeance every Dps Legendary Acquired my old main.
Itsborky 932 Ilvl Feral main / Balance OS / Guardian OS my bleed kitty  

Professions:

Alchemy: Huge money maker at the start not so much right now jewelcrafters raking   in all the cash :(  but I still use it for rank 3 flask procs

Enchanting: Disenchanting mainly because I love waking up on a Wednesday to  get my free chaos crystal from my weekly chest :p

Raiding Experience:

Dragon Soul 10 Man : Fire Mage Dps
Demon Hunter Havoc Dps EN Mythic 6/7M missed out on Cutting edge by 1 day
Demon Hunter Havoc Dps ToV Mythic 2/3M (after nighthold release)
Demon Hunter Havoc Dps Nighthold Mythic 4/10M ( pre concordance krosus kill)
Rogue Subtlety Dps ToS 3/9M

Previous Guilds:

Ill describe the guild my rogue has been in not my other classes through out the expansion as it would be long and annoying here goes

Colei: Raider rank entered during the end of nighthold tier had 2 members who claim to have been in method promised big things for ToS and had planned to aim for CE unfortunately 2 officers left due to burnout leaving the GM to take up responsibility raid sizes kept being smaller until we became a 10man raiding guild and the GM called it quits guild disbands.

CaeeshMeOutside: Raider rank entered during there Mythic Harjatan , Inquistion progress surprisingly 1 shotting inquistion on our 1st attempt and about 20 attempts on Harjatan for it to go down we started mythic Sisters progression and it became very apparent the raider leader was not doing his job raid leading and players were refusing to do mechanics during that fight I decided to leave in the end due to the next guild.

Dispossessed : Vouched in by my friend whos in there it was a spot offered for Mythic Avatar progression it was a huge step up coming from a 3/9M guild but I was confident and took the challenge they specifically told my Cutting Edge was there end goal and thats something I wanted during this entire expansion so I took opportunity unfortunately officers decided to call it quits and disband as the dream of getting CE was not achievable.

There are other guilds that I did not mention as there T19 or older guilds but to sum it up the only one time I left a guild was during my stay in CaeeshMeOutside because of the spot offered by Dispossessed , I have stuck it out with almost every guild in this expansion until they disbanded.

Availability:

I am available through out the entire week nothing effects me what so ever :p

Communication:

Fluent English Access to team speak 3 and a decent Razer headset with a Mic

Computer / Connection:

1 Year old laptop ( I prefer the freedom of moving it around) specs are all around decent with around 40-60 Fps Stable all down to my processor being a beast and the 16 GB ram :p

Low ping 70-80 on no lag what so ever and no disconnects every hr thats for sure!

Addons/UI:

DBM: Raid warnings mainly
GTFO: Makes me go deaf telling me im standing in shit :p
WeakAuras: Good for tracking boss timers / Self timers
Bartender: Never liked eluvi I keep it simple
Skada: Good overview of damage meters so I can look at them and analyze at the end of a boss encounter
Rclootcouncil: -DKP bring back those days :p
AngryAssignments: Good list of preparing u for a upcoming fight

UI: https://imgur.com/a/E9pqN
All key bindings should be clear :D

Other Games:

CS:GO
League of legends (Semi Competitively)
DOTA 2
H1Z1
Overwatch

Why Iron Edge?

Mainly raiding times I used to be in 2 guilds that had a 2 day raiding schedule in legion and I want that back 3 days is not cutting it for me its a bit much other than that heard some good stuff about you guys.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Straight up good gameplay no slacking always ready before hand , able to handle criticism and respond effectively , no arguments no beating around the bush and  all around friendly person usually crack some good jokes to :p  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress as I was looking for a new home

Last Words?

Just a couple

Recent logs :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgTR3BFLnwK6pQCG/

This is during our mythic avatar progression we were locked to a raid ID strictly for progression I was offered a spot to join them with little progress being 3/9M but im fairly confident since we were sort of near to a kill on avatar in the end if we did not have the extension of the raid lockouts I would have been able to kill the previous bosses and parse pretty well on them I hope this is not something negative but if I almost overcame avatar I am certain I could have overcame the previous bosses aswell.

Other than that there is not much more to say :p

November 08, 2017, 12:01:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Børky
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:01:48 pm »
Hi Borky,

Your application gives me the impression that you're a very rushed individual. You want fast results and you're all over the place trying to get it. Our raid is not like that, we're a group who want steady progression while remaining extremely casual.

So my question is: Are you sure that we're the type of group you're looking for? To me, it seems like you've gone to WoWprogress, sorted by progress and the amount of raids per week, and then picked whichever raid times suited you the best. If my assessment is wrong, please convince me of that.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 08, 2017, 12:31:50 pm
Reply #2

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:31:50 pm »
Hi Rash,

I would not say a rushed individual I may have given the impression that I want fast results that is not the case as mentioned before I have stuck it out with many guilds till the very end.

Your guild can suit my needs steady progression and a friendly environment is something  I have long lost since the start of nighthold tier since I have always been on a halt on new raid tiers because of guilds disbanding.

Raid times wise I am very free I can raid any time of the week its just I wanted to take it easy and go for a 2 raiding guild even if you had raid times at 8 am server time I would still attend :D

I am not the person who expects instant results out of a team it takes valuable team work and effort in order to achieve certain goals in mind.

I hope that clears it up :)

People say I sound angry am I tho?

November 08, 2017, 02:10:39 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »
Hi,

With you residing in Jordan, that would make it that the raids wouldn’t finish until 1am your time, is that going to be an issue for you being in university?

When in the foreseeable future you being a student and all that rl commitments will clash with raiding times if any?

Good luck on the apply, nice detail though so that’s always nice.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 08, 2017, 03:07:58 pm
Reply #4

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 03:07:58 pm »
Hi Vejeta,

Having the raid finish at 1 am is not a problem for me before day light savings came for the winter my raids ended around 1am - 2am  , furthermore most of my classes are really late in the morning or in the after noon and there will not be real life commitments interfering during raid times what so ever :)

November 09, 2017, 12:40:16 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 12:40:16 pm »
Hi Borky,

Can you go in to your rotation in a little more detail please? What is the theory and reason for the timings of using your abilities?

The number of guilds you have been in this raid tier is of concern.  Your friend voucher for you stepping up for Mythic Avatar progression in Dispossessed. Do you know anyone in Iron Edge that can, and will vouch for you?

How did you find the step up from the first 3 mythic bosses to being put up against Avatar?  Looking at your logs the damage you did you the boss is ok, but damage on the maiden was low overall.  I understand you have soaking assignments but surely you should be focusing damage on the correct target?

The damage you took from soaking touch of segareas killed you, can you explain?

You also died from the pool left by blades. Why was that?

Given the step up from the first 3 mythic bosses to Avatar, and with our guild progressing Kiljaden I do not think you have the necessary experience with mythic difficulty content to be a valuable enough addition to the raiding group.  How can you prove otherwise?  Please refer to your logs in detail, linking the necessary page to back up your findings.

Last couple of questions.

Daddy or chips?

Monk or Paladin?

Bros or hoes?

Do.you own a camel?

Much love,

Tutan

November 09, 2017, 01:37:55 pm
Reply #6

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 01:37:55 pm »
Hi Tutan ,

Rough questions you have there but I will get through them!

Okay first off the rotation since I did not mention the regular rotation and I presume your asking about the opener I will go a bit more in depth :D

The use of shadow blade on the 1 sec pull timer is much more efficient more up time = more combo points , I shadow strike 1st to get my 3 combo points essentially since we lust on pull I want to squeeze in as much damage as possible the duration of nightblade just has to be above 5 seconds because thats how much seconds I will have breaking stealth for the 100% Critical strike after that I start the setup for the Death from Above , With Shadow Blade still on and the nightblade DoT on the target I proceed to use Symbols of death with a Shadow Dance/Shadow Strike macro this is essential as it puts me on 6 Combo Points right away since I am in Shadow Dance I will get increased damage from finishers I proceed to Eviscerate this a good chunk of damage after wards I shadow strike 2 times to get up to 6 Combo Points now its for the big hitter I will still have roughly around  3-4 seconds of symbol up time yet my Shadow dance buff falls off I pop vanish and instantly pop Death From Above as I am about to land I pop Shadow Dance with the legendary shoulders giving me 100% Crit for around 5 seconds and the fact that Death From Above hits with a 50% stronger eviscerate upon landing and the fact you can combo Shadow Dance which increases finisher damage = big numbers preferably while doing this entire process Dfa you want to have the Next Increased Eviscerate damage which increases by % on how much combo points you spent.

I guess thats more than a little of detail but get the bigger picture :D

During this tier I have been in 3 guilds I think I mentioned this 3 times already I stick it out with guilds till the very end the only one time I left is because of a bad guild and the spot that was avatar offered to me. And there is someone in your guild that could vouch for me Theviciøus he was with me in Dispossessed. I am not someone who would guild hop that is not me but when that offer came up and the guild I was experiencing toxicity and people refusing to do mechanics and players not handling criticism to get things moving and the raid leader not doing his job raid leading I took up the offer made by Dispossessed.

Onto the next question the step up

During the start I was a bit shakey since I lost my spot for Maiden of Vigilance mythic progression our guild used a benching system and I was on the bench and told would be so until Avatar it took me around 1 raid night to get the grip of things and then it got pretty simple assigned to soak a touch and running backwards during Unbound chaos I had weak auras telling my specifically how much time is left until the touch is about to go off. Lets speak Maiden low damage depending where I am assigned in the room lets see on the far left touch soak and the maiden is on the far right beam which happens pretty often I could get in at the very least 1 Dfa before having to run back and soak my touch hence me popping sprint to run back in a scenario that maiden is next to my soak I try to dish out as much damage as possible bare mind I don't multi dot that is way assassination outperforms Subtlety during phase 1 but if you compare the damage done to the shield I average about 9th which is pretty good when you are assigned to soak touches.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bgTR3BFLnwK6pQCG/#fight=27&type=damage-done&target=48

That is total damage done to maiden where I think we had 3-4 shields considering the overlapping parts of unbound chaos / Shadow Blades could have been more but people were running all over each other and tanks were moving for the beam made us melee hate ourselves :P.

The touches that killed me no excuses I either forgot to press feint and got away with it because of cheat death procing or if it happened 2 times in a row I would straight out die but If I caused a wipe I would immediately put the blame on myself no need to make excuses it was a mistake a brain fart :p

The shadow blades I made it clear in voice comms that the Blue Marker where I was assigned to stand that I did not want people to drop there blades on there on multiple occasions a certain monk liked standing on top of me and killing me the slow from the purple pool and the damage and the healers not being in range to heal me I would drop dead straight away.

I am fairly confident in my ability to handle KJ as a fight if I was able to follow simple instructions on Avatar I would do so on KJ I can learn and adapt pretty quickly don't let my little mythic progression make you think otherwise I just never got a chance to prove because I have the bad habit kicking a dead horse putting through with guilds that promised me and other raiders a lot of good things to come only for them in the end to struggle and disband which leaves me upset so when I got the opportunity to prove myself on Avatar I gave it my all I put mechanics>DPS with the last 3 bosses being so mechanically driven that the smallest mess up would result in the wipe and I try to avoid tunneling , I tried my best on Avatar with around 230-240 wipes we were so close to a kill sadly only 50% of the roster cared the other 50 did not if I was able to step up for avatar I am certain I could step up for KJ it takes dedication team play and individual effort to get a boss down no matter how frustrating it gets you have to push through it

In terms of linking logs I think the Maiden one was the most important the other ones being the touches and shadow blades are either brain farts or other people screwing me up but no excuses they never should have happened in the 1st place :D

Now for the real questions :D

Daddy or chips? Daddy

Monk Or Paladin? Paladin! our monk gave me nightmares killing me with shadow blades :D

Bros or Hoes? Brofist

Do I own a camel? Goat I live in a mountain terrain ain't no desert here :D

Regards,
Sam

November 09, 2017, 01:54:41 pm
Reply #7

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 01:54:41 pm »
I hope I did not go overload with the information when I read go into detail I do go into huge details not sure if that is a good or bad thing  ;D

November 09, 2017, 02:47:36 pm
Reply #8

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 02:47:36 pm »
Hi Borky,

Thank you for answering my questions, some nice responses in there.

I'm sure this will give the officers more to think about regarding your application.

Paladin as your favourite basically says you prefer our healing officer over our raid leader; not sure how Rash will take that! Watch out for Lythis/Alfie our Paladin healing officer, he is a giant and raging homosexual who will surely entice you with mounts, candy and the promise of a rainbow coloured balloon in exchange for 'services'. Please.put a high price on your dignity

November 09, 2017, 03:12:31 pm
Reply #9

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 03:12:31 pm »
Ill watch out for your Paladin Officer :D

November 09, 2017, 04:00:21 pm
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 04:00:21 pm »
entice you with mounts, candy and the promise of a rainbow coloured balloon in exchange for 'services'.
I'd be more concerned about Arabs in Iron Edge if that's the context..

I'd like to offer you a trial, you can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome to the team!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 09, 2017, 04:53:20 pm
Reply #11

Offline Borky

• Guild Member

• Gabe lives on forever

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 04:53:20 pm »
Thanks will do :)

Regards,
Sam

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:46:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

121 Guests, 0 Users